Looking for an easy breakfast or after-school snack? Sausage wrapped in cinnamon rolls with drizzled icing use only two ingredients and will have kids and adults raving.
Pre-cooked sausage and pre-made cinnamon rolls get breakfast or snack time wrapped up within 15 minutes.
Who doesn’t love an easy meal? I know I do, especially when my kids are playing multiple sports and we are running around on weeknights on top of work and school. So not only am I ready with breakfast recipes like this, but I also keep it easy with dinners like chicken burritos, black bean soup and mushroom quesadillas, and chicken and dumplings.
I made these with my teenager in mind. Like most kids his age I’m sure, he always comes home from school starving! Like, eat us out of the house and home starving. I feel like sometimes I’m letting him down with no real good alternatives to ‘grab a yogurt’.
Since he loves to dip sausage into his syrup anytime I make my Swedish pancakes or even pigs in a blanket, it seemed like this recipe would be a no-brainer. Sweet cinnamon rolls wrapped around savory sausage then baked to perfection and drizzled with icing. Yes, it did go over just as expected. He loved them.
The ingredients and why they make this breakfast recipe so easy
- Cooked pork sausage links. This is key to having this breakfast on the table in under 20 minutes. I get these pre-cooked sausages in the section where I get hot dogs and packaged lunchmeat.
- Cinnamon rolls in a tube with icing. Again, save time by using pre-made cinnamon rolls in the tube and separating them.
How to make sausage wrapped in cinnamon rolls step-by-step
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
Place parchment paper or a baking liner on a large cookie sheet.
Open the tube and separate the cinnamon rolls. Set the icing off to the side.
Open the package of pre-cooked sausage.
Unroll the cinnamon roll. Starting at the top of the sausage link, wrap the dough around it.
Place the wrapped sausage onto the baking sheet.
Continue with the rest of the rolls.
Bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes.
Take out of the oven and drizzle with the icing that comes with the cinnamon rolls.
What combinations of cinnamon rolls and sausage work well together?
Not only is this breakfast really easy, but it can also be made in several different ways. Using different sausage and cinnamon roll combinations you can really change it up.
- Turkey Sausage wrapped in Orange Rolls with Orange Icing
- Maple Sausage wrapped in Pumpkin Spice Rolls with Pumpkin Spice Icing
Store in a covered container in the refrigerator. Eat within 3 days. Reheat in the oven or they are also great in the air fryer. I do not recommend freezing these.
More breakfast recipes
And here you are….
From our home in the Bottom Left of the Mitten to yours ~ Enjoy!
Sausage Wrapped in Cinnamon Roll
- 9×13 baking sheet
- parchment paper or baking liner
- 1 9.6 ounce package fully cooked sausage
- 1 12.4 ounce tube of cinnamon rolls with icing
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Place parchment paper on a baking sheet.
- Split the cinnamon rolls into 8 servings. Place the icing off to the side.1 12.4 ounce tube of cinnamon rolls with icing
- Open the package of pre-cooked sausage.1 9.6 ounce package fully cooked sausage
- Unroll the cinnamon roll then starting at the top of the sausage link, start wrapping the dough around it.
- Place the wrapped sausage onto the cookie sheet. Continue with the rest of the rolls.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Take out of the oven and drizzle with the icing that comes with the cinnamon rolls. Enjoy!
Tips for making this recipe:
- Use only pre-cooked pork sausage links in this recipe. If you only have uncooked sausages on hand, make sure to cook them before adding them to the cinnamon rolls.
- Read the package directions for the type of cinnamon rolls you are using to see how to prepare and warm up the icing. You may be able to put it into a bowl of warm water to make for easy drizzling.
- To store: add to a covered container and eat within 3 days. Reheat in the microwave for 2 minutes or you can put these in the air fryer for 3 minutes at 350 degrees. I do not recommend freezing these.
Originally published in November of 2018. Updated photos in September of 2022, same great recipe.
*Affiliate links are included in this post. Please read my Discloser Policy.
Last Updated on February 20, 2023 by [email protected]
My Grandchildren are going to love making these and eating these.
Thank you, Andrea! I hope they love them.
This is genius. I never would have thought to wrap a sausage in a cinnamon roll. Yum!
Thank you, Dannii!
This is a genius idea – I want to make it for Christmas morning!
Thank you Tawnie, I hope you enjoy!
My kids go crazy over cinnamon rolls, now we add sausage.. OMG.
Maira, yes it sure does take them to the next level!
This was a really interesting recipe. I don’t have kids so I don’t really have a “kid-friendly” food mindset, so I wouldn’t ever have thought of this. Yet this is so brilliant!
Thank you so much Eva!!
Thanks for sharing.
This was the best recipe! Thank you for your post! I looked at many and your recipe won out above the others. Planning 2021 Thanksgiving morning breakfast! FYI… I also tried the “Grand Cinnamon Roll” recipe and found those had way tooooo much bread. Yours were perfect, easy, and you gave great directions too.
Thank you so much, Marsha! I am so excited to hear that you enjoyed this recipe and I hope your Thanksgiving morning menu goes splendidly.
BIG – BIG HIT This morning! 2021 Thanksgiving morning breakfast was just perfect! Thank you!
Yeah! I am so excited to hear that this was a great breakfast for your family holiday. Have a great Christmas season.