Looking for an easy breakfast or after-school snack? Sausage wrapped in cinnamon rolls with drizzled icing use only two ingredients and will have kids and adults raving.
Pre-cooked sausage and pre-made cinnamon rolls get breakfast or snack time wrapped up within 15 minutes.
I made these with my 12-year-old in mind. Like most kids his age I’m sure, he always comes home from school starving! Like, eat us out of the house and home starving. I feel like sometimes I’m letting him down with no real good alternatives to ‘grab a yogurt’.
Since he loves to dip sausage into his syrup anytime I make my Swedish pancakes or even pigs in a blanket, it seemed like this recipe would be a no-brainer. Sweet cinnamon rolls wrapped around savory sausage then baked to perfection and drizzled with icing. Yes, it did go over just as expected. He loved them.
The ingredients and why they make this breakfast recipe so easy
- Cooked pork sausage links. This is key to having this breakfast on the table in under 20 minutes. I get these pre-cooked sausages in the section where I get hot dogs and packaged lunchmeat.
- Cinnamon rolls in a tube with icing. Again, save time by using pre-made cinnamon rolls in the tube and separating them.
How to make sausage wrapped in cinnamon rolls step-by-step
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
Place parchment paper or a baking liner on a large cookie sheet.
Open the tube and separate the cinnamon rolls. Set the icing off to the side.
Open the package of pre-cooked sausage.
Unroll the cinnamon roll. Starting at the top of the sausage link, wrap the dough around it.
Place the wrapped sausage onto the baking sheet.
Continue with the rest of the rolls.
Bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes.
Take out of the oven and drizzle with the icing that comes with the cinnamon rolls.
What combinations of cinnamon rolls and sausage work well together?
Not only is this breakfast really easy, but it can also be made in several different ways. Using different sausage and cinnamon roll combinations you can really change it up.
- Turkey Sausage wrapped in Orange Rolls with Orange Icing
- Maple Sausage wrapped in Pumpkin Spice Rolls with Pumpkin Spice Icing
More breakfast recipes
And here you are….
From our home in the Bottom Left of the Mitten to yours ~ Enjoy!
Sausage Wrapped in Cinnamon Roll
- 9×13 baking sheet
- parchment paper or baking liner
- 1 9.6 ounce package fully cooked sausage
- 1 12.4 ounce tube of cinnamon rolls with icing
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Place parchment paper on a baking sheet.
- Split the cinnamon rolls into 8 servings. Place the icing off to the side.1 12.4 ounce tube of cinnamon rolls with icing
- Open the package of pre-cooked sausage.1 9.6 ounce package fully cooked sausage
- Unroll the cinnamon roll then starting at the top of the sausage link, start wrapping the dough around it.
- Place the wrapped sausage onto the cookie sheet. Continue with the rest of the rolls.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Take out of the oven and drizzle with the icing that comes with the cinnamon rolls. Enjoy!
Tips for making this recipe:
- Use only pre-cooked pork sausage links in this recipe. If you only have uncooked sausages on hand, make sure to cook them before adding them to the cinnamon rolls.
- Read the package directions for the type of cinnamon rolls you are using to see how to prepare and warm up the icing. You may be able to put it into a bowl of warm water to make for easy drizzling.
- To store: add to a covered container and eat within 3 days. Reheat in the microwave for 2 minutes or you can put these in the air fryer for 3 minutes at 350 degrees. I do not recommend freezing these.
Originally published in November of 2018. Updated photos in September of 2022, same great recipe.
*Affiliate links are included in this post. Please read my Discloser Policy.
Last Updated on September 20, 2022 by [email protected]