This Hawaiian Pizza is the perfect combination of salty and sweet. Whip up a quick pizza crust and this Hawaiian pizza recipe comes together in a flash. The ultimate treat for pizza night!
Tonight for Mitten Movie Night, I am making a favorite, pizza. HAWAIIAN PIZZA to be precise. This combination of toppings are as intriguing as the type of beer I’m pairing it with.
The toppings for a Hawaiian Pizza start with classic pizza sauce, mozzerella cheese, ham and pineapple. For mine I like lots of ham, THICK SLICES OF PINEAPPLE, and red onion.
What movie pairs well with pizza and beer?
I recommend I Think We’re Alone Now. This was a good movie (the end could have been a little more clear) but if you are a fan of apocalyptic genres then this one is for you. Plus, Peter Dinklage is in it and I have a hard time passing on his movies. He’s is so good in everything from comedy to drama.
What beer pairs well with Hawaiian Pizza?
The beer: Spiteful Brewing, Working for the Weekend Double IPA.
I originally picked this up when we were visiting friends in Chicago. The art on the can was amazing and my husband loves Double IPA’s, so I grabbed them up.
Are Double IPA’s hard to pair with food?
According to many of the websites that I frequent for food and beer pairings-yes. The consensus is that it’s too heavy and ‘fights’ with the flavors in most foods.
While I am just starting to enjoy IPA’s my husband loves them. After asking his opinion he disagreed and therefore I felt like I had a green light and he even gave me a suggestion of where to start, pizza. Pizza goes with everything he said!
I am not disagreeing with that so off to the kitchen I went to make this simple Hawaiian Pizza that did indeed pair perfectly with this Double IPA from Spiteful Brewing.
Sure, pizza goes with everything but is Hawaiian Pizza the best choice? Is Hawaiian Pizza good you might ask? Yes, and yes. However, I know this pizza combination of ham and pineapple is contestly one of the most controversial pizzas. But honestly, it’s pizza, let’s just enjoy it!
How to make Hawaiian Pizza:
Forever with my trusty Jiffy pizza crust, I decided that a thick crust was my go-to. For this pizza, I used 3 packages Jiffy pizza crust boxes plus 1-1/2 cup lukewarm water. Add to a bowl and stir to combine until there are no chunks.
Cover the bowl with a towel and let rise for 20-30 minutes.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Using floured hands take the dough out of the bowl and spread the crust onto a 9-inch pie pan. Place the crust into the oven for 8-10 minutes. Since the crust is a great way to make sure the middle is not raw.
Take out of the oven and cover with the pizza sauce. Add the cheese, chopped ham, sliced red onions and whole slices of pineapple. Place back into the oven and cook for 20 minutes.
Slice into eight pieces.
Tips & Variations for Hawaiian Pizza:
- Once the crust has risen make sure to have flour nearby. Using flour on hands and on top of the crust ensures that the dough doesn’t get too sticky.
- Don’t skip the pre-cooking of the crust. It’s important so that you don’t have a cooked top but a raw center.
- Prefer smaller bites of pineapple? Use pineapple chunks instead of slices.
And here you are…….
From our home in the Bottom Left of the Mitten to yours ~ Enjoy!
*Affiliate links are included in this post. Please read my Discloser Policy.
- 3 6.5 ounce boxes Jiffy Pizza Crust Mix
- 1-1/2 cup lukewarm water
- 15 ounces prepared pizza sauce
- 1/2 pound cooked ham sliced
- 1/4 cup red onion sliced
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 8 ounces pineapple slices drained
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour for working the dough
- Add 3 boxes of Jiffy pizza crust to a bowl with 1-1/2 cups of lukewarm water. Stir to combine until there are no chunks.
- Cover the bowl with a towel and let rise for 20-30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Using floured hands take the dough out of the bowl and spread the crust onto a 9-inch pie pan. Place the crust into the oven for 8-10 minutes. Since the crust is a great way to make sure the middle is not raw.
- Take out of the oven and cover with the pizza sauce. Add the cheese, chopped ham, sliced red onions and whole slices of pineapple. Place back into the oven and cook for 20 minutes.
- Slice into 8 pieces and enjoy!
- Once the crust has risen to make sure to have flour nearby. Using flour on hands and on top of the crust ensures that the dough doesn't get too sticky.
- Don't skip the pre-cooking of the crust. It's important so that you don't have a cooked top but a raw center.