These egg and cheese breakfast sliders have sweet Hawaiian rolls layered with fluffy scrambled eggs and sharp cheddar cheese. Melted butter with everything bagel seasoning added is then poured over the top and baked.
Scrambled egg breakfast sliders just make sense. I mean why let lunch or dinner get all the fun? Sandwiches are good any time of day, especially when they have egg and melted cheese between soft dinner rolls. Bake these sandwiches covered in butter and seasoning for a slightly crisp bottom layer.
This is a great recipe idea with Hawaiian rolls and makes a great breakfast or brunch recipe when you need to feed a crowd. Breakfast tailgating anyone? Sunday brunch? Holiday visitors? Throw in some bloody mary and you’ve got yourself a great way to start the day.
These scrambled egg breakfast sliders have-
- Eggs, milk, salt, and pepper to make a simple scrambled egg layer. Slowly pushing the egg mixture up as it cooks over medium heat in a lightly oiled pan makes the fluffiest scrambled eggs.
- Sweet Hawaiian dinner rolls. The slight sweetness in the rolls goes great with the cheddar cheese.
- Shredded sharp cheddar cheese.
- Melted butter mixed with everything bagel seasoning for topping. The butter bakes into the rolls when it cooks.
How to make easy egg and cheese breakfast sliders step-by-step
Start with this super easy scrambled egg recipe by cracking 8 eggs into a bowl and adding milk, salt, and pepper
Use a fork to briskly whisk the eggs together and to break the yolks.
Heat a medium to large skillet over medium heat. Add a small amount of olive oil to the pan.
Scramble the eggs by moving a spatula back and forth across the bottom scraping the cooked eggs to the top. Cook until there is no more liquid and they look cooked throughout.
I like to slowly cook the eggs for 5-8 minutes instead of cooking them at high heat for less time. I find that they come out fluffier.
Split the dinner rolls in the center so that there are bottom buns and top buns. Set the top buns aside and place the bottom buns in a greased 9×13 baking dish.
Then layer with half of the shredded cheese and add the scrambled eggs on top of that.
Top with the last of the shredded cheese and add the top buns.
In a microwave-safe dish, add the stick of butter.
Put into the microwave and melt for 35 seconds.
Once the butter is melted, add 1 tablespoon of everything bagel seasoning to the butter.
Stir and pour over the top of the Hawaiian roll slider buns.
Cover the baking dish with aluminum foil and put it into the oven.
Bake for 15 minutes.
Can you add meat to this breakfast slider recipe?
Yes! You can add bacon, ham, or even make your own homemade breakfast sausage like this one from Now Cook This, to add to the scrambled egg layer.
Can you freeze sliders made with dinner rolls?
Yes, while I normally advise against freezing any recipes, this meal can be cooked in advance and frozen. Cut into individual sandwiches and wrap them in freezer wrap or foil. To reheat, cover in a wet paper towel and defrost in the microwave for 3 minutes, then microwave for 2 minutes. Make sure cooked all the way through before serving.
Add the leftovers to a covered container and refrigerate. Eat within 3 days. Reheat in the microwave or in the oven.
See FAQ’s above for instructions for freezing this recipe.
More breakfast recipes
Remove the dish from the oven and cut them into 12 individual sandwiches. And here you are…
From our home in the Bottom Left of the Mitten to yours ~ Enjoy!
Egg and Cheese Breakfast Sliders
- medium saute pan
- 9×13 baking dish
- microwave proof dish for melting butter
- 8 medium eggs cracked and shells discarded
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 12 Hawaiian slider dinner rolls split in half
- 8 ounces shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup unsalted butter melted
- 1 tablespoon everything bagel seasoning
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Crack 8 eggs into a medium sized bowl.8 medium eggs
- Add the whole milk to the eggs.1/2 cup whole milk
- Add the salt and pepper.1/4 teaspoon pepper, 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Whisk vigorously with a fork to break the yolks and combine the egg mixture well.
- In a medium saute pan, add the olive oil, and set it to medium heat. Pour in the eggs.1 teaspoon olive oil
- Use a spatula to scrape the eggs from the bottom of the pan as it cooks. Cook for 5-8 minutes until the egg mixture looks cooked through completely. Remove the pan from the heat and set it aside.
- Cut the slider buns down the center so that there are bottom halves and top halves.12 Hawaiian slider dinner rolls
- Add the bottom halves to a 9×13 greased baking dish.
- Sprinkle with half of the shredded cheese.8 ounces shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Spoon the scrambled eggs over the cheese.
- Top with the rest of the cheese.
- Place the top halves over the top.
- Melt the butter in a microwave-safe dish for 35 seconds.1 cup unsalted butter
- Add the everything bagel seasoning and mix.1 tablespoon everything bagel seasoning
- Pour the melted butter over the top of the buns.
- Cover with aluminum foil, and put the dish into the oven, and bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove and cut into individual sandwiches. Enjoy!
Tips for making this recipe:
- I like to cook the eggs on medium heat and cook slowly for up to 8 minutes. I find the slower I cook them, the fluffier they end up being.
- It is not necessary to cover the baking dish with aluminum foil when you bake, it just keeps the tops of the buns softer, but if you are avoiding aluminum foil feel free to skip this step.
- If adding meat to this recipe, make sure that the meat is pre-cooked as the eggs do not cook long enough to make sure that anything like raw breakfast sausage is completely cooked through.
- To store: Add to a covered container and refrigerate. Eat within 3 days. Reheat in the microwave or oven.
*Affiliate links are included in this post. Please read my Discloser Policy.
Last Updated on March 28, 2023 by Erin@BottomLeftoftheMitten