This BLT sandwich with pepper jelly and cream cheese is the ultimate bacon, lettuce, and tomato experience.
What should you put on a BLT? Well, of course, bacon, lettuce, and tomato. Usually, mayonnaise is added to toasted bread but for this sandwich, I decided to use cream cheese and drizzled the top with hot pepper jelly, and placed it on a hamburger bun. Creamy, sweet, and a little heat.
What beer pairs well with this BLT sandwich with pepper jelly?
The beer: Mango Cart from Golden Road
The hint of mango in this wheat ale goes great with the smokiness of the bacon and the slightly sweet heat from the pepper jelly.
What TV show should you watch?
Now is a great time to get caught up on What We Do In the Shadows before Season 4 starts in July.
For the ultimate BLT sandwich, you will need-
- Hickory smoked thick-cut bacon that has been cooked until crispy. I prefer to cook my bacon in the oven as opposed to pan-frying it.
- Iceberg lettuce and slices of beefsteak tomato for topping.
- Butter hamburger buns.
- Hot pepper jelly, homemade or store brought. Adds a nice little sweet kick to the sandwich.
- Whipped cream cheese. This type of cream cheese spreads beautifully on sandwiches.
Visit YouTube for a video of how to make these
Bacon Lettice and Tomato Sandwiches
How to make a BLT sandwich with pepper jelly step-by-step
Start by making the bacon. I like to make my bacon by baking it on a sheet pan in the oven. It comes out perfect every time.
I found the ‘sweet spot’ temperature and time for crispy bacon in the oven is 400 degrees for 20 minutes. I make it without a rack and just use parchment paper to cover the pan.
There is minimal cleaning up and you totally avoid the grease splatter that you get when making bacon in a pan on the stovetop.
For the topping, I decided to go with whipped cream cheese. Whipped cream cheese can easily be customized for whatever sandwich you are making and is a great replacement for mayo.
For this sandwich, I decided to not add anything to it.
I used store brought pepper jelly so it required me to add a small amount of water before I heated it in the microwave. I then drizzled it over the top of the bacon right before eating.
Assemble the sandwiches by slathering the bottom bun with whipped cream cheese.
Layer with lettuce, tomato, and crispy cooked bacon.
Spoon the pepper jelly over the bacon and add the top bun.
Tips & Variations
- I think that the best bacon for a BLT is hickory-smoked bacon, but you can swap it out for turkey bacon.
- If you use regular cream cheese and not whipped, set it out on the counter to let soften before using.
- Make your own super easy hot pepper jelly with this recipe from The View From Great Island.
To store, add the bacon to a covered container. Place the rest of the ingredients in another covered container.
It is not recommended to freeze this recipe.
More bacon recipes
And here you are…..
BLT Sandwich with Pepper Jelly
- 9×13 baking sheet If baking the bacon in the oven
- parchment paper If baking the bacon in the oven
- small microwavable dish
- 16 ounces hickory smoked bacon
- 4 hamburger buns
- 1 beefsteak tomato sliced
- 8 iceberg lettuce leaves
- 1/2 cup whipped cream cheese
- 1/2 cup pepper jelly
- 1 teaspoon water
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Lay the slices of bacon on top of the parchment paper next to each other, do not overcrowd.16 ounces hickory smoked bacon
- Bake the bacon in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Slice the tomato. Cut and clean the lettuce leaves.1 beefsteak tomato, 8 iceberg lettuce leaves
- Add the pepper jelly to a small dish. Pour in the water and stir. Microwave for 40 seconds. Mix to combine.1/2 cup pepper jelly, 1 teaspoon water
- Slather the bottom bun with cream cheese.4 hamburger buns, 1/2 cup whipped cream cheese
- Add the lettuce, tomato, and cooked bacon.
- Drizzle the top of the bacon with the jelly.
- Place the top bun on top. Enjoy!
Tips for making this recipe:
- Swap out the regular bacon for turkey bacon.
- To store: Add the bacon to a covered container. Place the rest of the ingredients in another covered container.
*Affiliate links are included in this post. Please read my Discloser Policy.
Last Updated on April 11, 2023 by [email protected]
Leave a Reply