Memphis Hot Dogs are a classic regional favorite. Bacon-wrapped hot dogs are topped with BBQ sauce, cheese, and then sprinkled with chopped green onions.
Let’s agree that bacon is amazing. Bacon-wrapped anything is again, pretty amazing. What about an all-beef hot dog wrapped in bacon then drizzled with a vinegary BBQ sauce? CAN ANYTHING GET MORE AMAZING?
I made these Memphis hot dogs in the oven. The bacon came out nice and crisp! Did you know that these aren’t the only bacon-wrapped hot dogs on my blog? Check out these Bacon Wrapped Hot Dogs topped with rich garlic aioli.
How to make Memphis Hot Dogs:
For these, I use Nathan’s all-beef hot dogs. Wrap a piece of bacon down the length of each hot dog and lay it on a baking sheet covered with aluminum foil.
Place in a preheated 375-degree oven for 12 minutes.
Now put the hot dogs under the broiler of your oven for 1 minute. With tongs turn them, then broil for one minute more.
Once they are done add them to hot dog buns.
Top off these Memphis hot dogs with chopped green onions, cheddar cheese, and some Memphis Style BBQ Sauce. I used my sauce recipe since it is on the vinegary side, which is what Memphis Style BBQ sauces are based on.
Serve with some crispy air fryer potatoes. And here you are…..
From our home in the Bottom Left of the Mitten to yours ~ Enjoy!
Memphis Hot Dogs
- 8 hot dog buns
- 8 hot dogs I use Nathan’s
- 8 pieces bacon
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup Memphis Style BBQ Sauce
- 1/4 cup green onions chopped
- Wrap a piece of bacon down the length of each hot dog and lay it on a baking sheet covered with aluminum foil.
- Place in a preheated 375-degree oven for 12 minutes.
- Now put the hot dogs under the broiler of your oven for 1 minute. With tongs turn them, then broil for one minute more.
- Once they are done add them to hot dog buns. Top off with chopped green onions, cheddar cheese, and some Memphis Style BBQ Sauce. Enjoy!
- If you do not want to use aluminum foil, you can skip using it. Clean up is just much easier when you use it.
Originally published in July of 2017. Updated photos April 2021.
Affiliate links are included in this post. Please read my Discloser Policy.
Sunday Supper Creative Hot Dog Recipes
- Bacon Wrapped Hot Dogs with Fruit Salsa by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Honey BBQ Hot Dogs by Home Sweet Homestead
- Hot Dog & Hamburger Cowboy Beans by Soulfully Made
- All American Hot Dog by The Freshman Cook
- Banh Mi Hot Dog by Cricket’s Confections
- Buffalo Hot Dogs by The Crumby Kitchen
- Copy Cat Detroit Coney Dogs by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Matcha Ochazuke Hot Dog Rice by NinjaBaker.com
- Memphis Hot Dog by Bottom Left of the Mitten
- Philly Mushroom Swiss Dog (Low Carb) by My Life Cookbook
- Sauerkraut Stuffed Dogs by Gourmet Everyday
- South of the Border Hot Dogs by My Blissful Mess
Tex Mex Dogs
- Chili Cheese Dog Baked Potatoes by Food Lust People Love
- Burrito Dogs by Our Good Life
- Hot Dog with Chili Sauce by Recipes Food and Cooking
- Taco Hot Dog is Nacho Regular Dog by Sunday Supper Movement
- Hot Dog Breakfast Tacos by Pies and Plots
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.