Let’s agree that bacon is amazing. And bacon wrapped anything is again, pretty amazing. What about all beef hot dog wrapped in bacon then drizzled with a vinegary BBQ sauce? CAN ANYTHING GET MORE AMAZING? Try these Memphis Hot Dog and see.
For another Sunday Supper I actually made Michigan Hot Dogs and as I mentioned, they are not really from Michigan! I also realized there are so many different types of hot dogs! One that looks especially good are these Memphis hot dogs. Not only is it wrapped in bacon it’s also a specialty of a place that I really enjoy visiting.
My husband and I visited the Memphis/Tunica area this March for a small trip before we moved into our new house. While traveling my husband loves to visit area Costco’s. I keep joking that he needs to get a punch card of locations so that he can mark them off his bucket list. What was really exciting though was right next to the Costco was….a Brand New IKEA! It was kismet considering that in just a few weeks were moving. Of course, I also needed to pick up a few jars of lingonberries too!
Since we do not have a grill I made these Memphis hot dogs in the oven. The bacon came out nice and crisp!
How to make Memphis Hot Dogs:
Take the hot dogs, I use Nathan’s because they are the best, and wrap a piece of bacon around each one.
Place on a greased pan then cook in a preheated 375-degree oven for 12 minutes.
Now put the hot dogs under the broiler of your oven for 1 minute, turn them then broil for one minute more.
Once they are done add them to the buns.
Top off these Memphis hot dogs with chopped green onions, cheddar cheese, and some Memphis Style BBQ Sauce. I used my sauce recipe since it is on the vinegary side, which is what Memphis Style BBQ sauces are based on.
And here you are…..
From our home in the Bottom Left of the Mitten to yours ~ Enjoy!
Thank you to this weeks Sunday Supper host Stacy of Food Lust People Love. Check out all of the other recipes that will keep any hot dog lover happy.
Sunday Supper Creative Hot Dog Recipes
- Bacon Wrapped Hot Dogs with Fruit Salsa by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Honey BBQ Hot Dogs by Home Sweet Homestead
- Hot Dog & Hamburger Cowboy Beans by Soulfully Made
- All American Hot Dog by The Freshman Cook
- Banh Mi Hot Dog by Cricket’s Confections
- Buffalo Hot Dogs by The Crumby Kitchen
- Copy Cat Detroit Coney Dogs by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Matcha Ochazuke Hot Dog Rice by NinjaBaker.com
- Memphis Hot Dog by Bottom Left of the Mitten
- Philly Mushroom Swiss Dog (Low Carb) by My Life Cookbook
- Sauerkraut Stuffed Dogs by Gourmet Everyday
- South of the Border Hot Dogs by My Blissful Mess
Tex Mex Dogs
- Chili Cheese Dog Baked Potatoes by Food Lust People Love
- Burrito Dogs by Our Good Life
- Hot Dog with Chili Sauce by Recipes Food and Cooking
- Taco Hot Dog is Nacho Regular Dog by Sunday Supper Movement
- Hot Dog Breakfast Tacos by Pies and Plots
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.
Memphis Hot Dogs
- 8 hot dog buns
- 8 hot dogs I use Nathan's
- 8 pieces bacon
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup Memphis Style BBQ Sauce
- 1/4 cup green onions chopped
- Take the hot dogs and wrap a piece of bacon around each one.
- Place on a greased pan the cook in a preheated 375 degree oven for 12 minutes.
- Now put the hot dogs under the broiler of your oven for 1 minute, turn them then broil for one minute more.
- Once they are done add them to the buns. Top off with chopped green onions, cheddar cheese and some Memphis Style BBQ Sauce. Enjoy!