Do you love hot dogs? How about bacon? Now, how about garlic aioli? Let’s put those all together to make this bacon wrapped hot dog. Crack open a cold beer and dive into a different way to eat hot dogs.
Warmer weather just calls for some good hamburger and hot dog recipes! This specific recipe has been one that I’ve wanted to recreate at home for a while. While we were at a picnic through our local energy co-op there was a gourmet hot dog truck there and this was the one that I chose.
I picked it because- 1) It had bacon on it! 2) There was a sauce on it that sounded amazing, garlic aioli. My interest peaked and I am glad that I chose this one, amazing.
Now that I’ve made this recipe at home, I will definitely be adding it to my hot dog rotation for sure!
What beer pairs well with gourmet hot dogs?
The beer: Two Hearted from Bell’s Brewery
A perfect IPA pairing that doesn’t take away from the bacon and aioli.
What movie pairs well with hot dogs that have been wrapped in bacon?
For this Mitten Movie
These wrapped hot dogs have-
- All beef bun-sized hot dogs. My favorite brands are Koegel or Nathan’s.
- Soft hot dog buns. I like to steam them before adding the hot dog.
- Original sliced bacon. Make sure not to buy thick-cut as it won’t wrap around the hot dog as nicely as the original sliced bacon.
- Homemade garlic aioli made with mayo, garlic, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. A simple topping that adds lots of flavors.
- Monterey Jack cheese and jalapenos for topping.
Visit YouTube for a video of how to make these
Bacon-Wrapped Hot Dogs
How to make an oven-baked bacon-wrapped hot dogs step-by-step
Wrapping bacon on hot dogs is so simple! Start by preheating the oven to 375 degrees.
Wrapping the baking sheet with aluminum foil will make cleanup so much easier!
Start by taking a piece of bacon at the top of a hot dog. Wrap the bacon going down around the hot dog. Place on the baking sheet that is covered in foil and topped with a wire rack.
Continue until they are all wrapped.
Bake in the oven for 12-18 minutes. The quickness of these getting done depends on your oven temperature.
Take the bacon and put it under the broiler for 40-50 seconds.
Take them out and turn, and put them under the broiler again for another 40-50 seconds to crisp the other side.
Steam some buns and add the hot dogs to them. Now they are ready for topping!
How to make garlic aioli
In a small bowl mix together the mayo, garlic cloves, 1 tsp lemon juice, salt, and pepper.
To top off the hot dog I slathered garlic aioli on top and sprinkled Monterey Jack cheese and jalapenos.
Tips & Variations
- You can skip using the broiler to brown the bacon and just add 4-6 more minutes to the cooking time.
- Swap out the original ingredients for turkey hot dogs and bacon.
- Make homemade hot dog buns with this recipe from The Recipe Rebel.
Add the hot dogs in the buns to a covered container. Spoon any remaining sauce into another bowl and cover. Refrigerate and eat within 3 days. Reheat in the microwave, air fryer, or oven.
Want more handheld recipes?
And here you are…..
From our home in the Bottom Left of the Mitten to yours ~ Enjoy!
Bacon Wrapped Hot Dog
- 9x13 baking sheet
- wire rack
- aluminum foil
Bacon Wrapped Hot Dogs
- 8 hot dogs
- 8 slices bacon
- 8 hot dog buns
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 garlic clove, minced or 1 Tsp already peeled garlic
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- cheese and jalapenos topping
- Start by preheating the oven to 375 degrees.
- Wrap a baking sheet with aluminum foil and a wire rack.
- Start by taking a piece of bacon at the top of a hot dog. Wrap the bacon going down around the hot dog. Place on the baking sheet and continue until they are all wrapped.8 hot dogs, 8 slices bacon
- Bake in the oven for 12-18 minutes. The quickness of these getting done depends on your oven temperature.
- Take the bacon and put it under the broiler for 40-50 seconds.
- Take them out and turn, put under the broiler again for another 40-50 seconds to crisp the other side.
- Steam some buns and add the hot dogs to them.8 hot dog buns
- In a small bowl mix together the mayo, garlic cloves, 1 tsp lemon juice, salt, and pepper.1/4 cup mayonnaise, 1 garlic clove, minced, 1 teaspoon lemon juice, 1/8 teaspoon salt, 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- To top off the hot dog I slathered garlic aioli on top, sprinkled Monterey Jack cheese, green onions, and jalapenos.cheese and jalapenos topping
Tips for making this recipe:
- Cover the baking sheet with aluminum foil for easy cleanup.
- You can add a baking rack to the pan to keep a more even bake all around the hot dog.
- To store: add to a covered container. Reheat the bacon-wrapped hot dogs in the microwave or air fryer. Eat within 3 days.
Originally published in May of 2019. Updated post in July of 2022 with new photos, same great recipe.
Garlic Aioli recipe from Baking Mischief
*Affiliate links are included in this post. Please read my Discloser Policy.
Last Updated on April 22, 2023 by Erin@BottomLeftoftheMitten