Making fresh vegetables in the air fryer is an easy way to have a delicious side dish in less than 15 minutes. These air fryer green beans with bacon have 4 ingredients and are great with grilled chicken or beef.
Can you believe we are getting closer and closer to Spring? Well, technically it IS Spring but geesh, here we are at the end of April and it’s still snowing! So to pep myself up, I’m already making menus for barbecue season and fresh vegetable side dishes are on my mind.
The air fryer is the shining star of my kitchen so I really don’t think that it will be pushed out now that it’s the grilling season – for example, cooking fresh vegetables in the air fryer to make side dishes.
I cannot accurately describe how delicious these green beans come out. No oil, very little seasoning but SO MUCH FLAVOR! The cherry tomatoes roast down and meld with the crispy bacon and come together in simple perfection.
To make this fresh green beans recipe in the air fryer you need-
- Fresh green beans. Frying green beans in the air fryer cooks them until they are tender and have a rich flavor you can’t get with boiling.
- Sweet cherry tomatoes. When cooked down they add a little sweetness to this otherwise savory dish.
- Diced thick-cut bacon. No need to pre-cook the bacon, the air fryer does all the work.
- Black pepper. Simple seasoning so the main ingredients lend most of the flavor to this dish. Salt is not needed because of the addition of bacon in this recipe.
Visit YouTube for a video of how to make these
Air Fryer Green Beans and Bacon
How to make air fryer green beans step-by-step
Start by washing and chopping the green beans in half. Add the beans in a single layer to the bottom of the air fryer basket.
Sprinkle the cut green beans with black pepper.
Slice the bacon into thin strips and place over the green beans in the air fryer basket.
Cut the cherry tomatoes lengthwise and place them on top of the green beans and bacon.
Place the air fryer basket into the air fryer and set it at 370 degrees for 7 minutes.
After 7 minutes take the basket out. Using tongs, flip the green beans and bacon around so that the bacon crisps evenly.
Tips & Variations
- This recipe works great with asparagus and Brussels sprouts too!
- Swap out the smoked bacon for turkey bacon.
- If you don’t have fresh, frozen green beans can be used in this recipe. Cook them according to package directions, and drain any water from them before adding them to the air fryer basket.
- If you have a toaster oven-style air fryer, make sure to place the green beans and bacon in an even layer on the tray. (Check out this great post about how to air fry with a convection toaster oven.)
Add leftovers to a covered container and refrigerate. Reheat in the air fryer. Eat within 3 days.
It is not recommended to freeze this recipe. Frozen green beans can be used, see the tips and variations section for directions.
Want more warm-weather dishes?
Add the green beans to a serving dish and here you are….
From our home in the Bottom Left of the Mitten to yours ~ Enjoy!
Air Fryer Green Beans with Bacon
- air fryer
- 1/2 pound french green beans washed and cut in half
- 3 slices bacon diced
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup cherry tomatoes cut into half lengthwise
- Wash and chop the green beans in half. Add to the bottom of the air fryer basket.1/2 pound french green beans
- Sprinkle the cut green beans with black pepper.1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Slice the bacon into thin strips and place over the green beans in the air fryer basket.3 slices bacon
- Cut the cherry tomatoes lengthwise, and place them on top of the green beans and bacon.1/4 cup cherry tomatoes
- Place the air fryer basket into the air fryer and set it at 370 degrees for 7 minutes.
- After 7 minutes, take the basket out. Using tongs, flip the green beans and bacon around so that the bacon crisps evenly.
- Put the basket back in and set it for another 7 minutes.
- Take the basket out, place it in a serving dish, and enjoy!
Tips for making this recipe:
- I used French green beans for this recipe. Regular cut green beans will work too, but remember to trim the ends before cooking them.
- Feel free to mix up the vegetables in this dish. Asparagus and Brussels sprouts would be great, but do know that they may take a little longer to cook, so adjust the cooking time as needed.
- To store: add to a covered container and refrigerate. Reheat in the air fryer. Eat within 3 days.
*Affiliate links are included in this post. Please read my Discloser Policy.
Last Updated on April 13, 2023 by Erin@BottomLeftoftheMitten