If you love BBQ chips, imagine what that seasoning tastes like added to melted butter and drizzled over hot, crispy waffle fries. These BBQ seasoned waffle fries are a great side dish with any burger, hot dog, or sandwich.
- BBQ seasoning. Made with ingredients you more than likely already have in your pantry like garlic, onion, and chili powder, and brown sugar for a hint of sweetness.
- Melted butter. Great for mixing with the seasoning so it sticks better to the fries.
- Frozen waffle cut fries. I like to cook any type of frozen potato in the air fryer.
How to make BBQ seasoned waffle fries step-by-step
Start by cooking the frozen waffle fries according to the package directions.
I like to make waffle fries by cooking them in the air fryer at 375 degrees for 15 minutes, flipping halfway through. But most packages have several different directions for cooking like oven baked and frying in a traditional basket fryer.
Once the fries have cooked, spread them out evenly on a baking sheet.
In a small bowl mix together the seasoning ingredients.
Add the butter to a microwave-proof bowl and melt for 30 seconds in the microwave until fully melted.
Pour the seasoning into the melted butter and stir to mix.
Drizzle half of the butter over the top of the waffle fries.
Use tongs to mix the fries and coat them evenly, then drizzle with the rest of the butter mixture. Toss to coat further.
Tips & Variations
- This recipe will work with frozen sweet potato waffle fries or regular French fries too.
- Serve the fries immediately for the best taste.
- Want to skip the frozen fries? Make your own homemade Chick-fil-A Copycat waffle fries with this recipe from Food Babe.
More potato side dish recipes to try
Serve the hot and ready fries right away. And here you are…..
From our home in the Bottom Left of the Mitten to yours ~ Enjoy!
BBQ Seasoned Waffle Fries
- air fryer optional
- baking sheet
- parchment paper
- 22 ounces frozen waffle fries cooked according to package directions
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- Cook the waffle fries from frozen according to the package directions.22 ounces frozen waffle fries
- Mix the BBQ seasoning in a bowl together.1 teaspoon brown sugar, 1 teaspoon garlic powder, 1 teaspoon onion powder, 1 teaspoon chili powder, 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Melt the butter in a microwave-proof dish for 30 seconds.2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Place the cooked fries onto a lined baking sheet evenly.
- Pour the seasoning into the melted butter and mix until well combined.
- Drizzle half of the melted butter mixture over the top of the fries.
- Take some tongs and toss the fries. Drizzle the rest of the mixture over the top.
- Serve immediately. Enjoy!
Tips for making this recipe:
- I like to cook my fries in the air fryer, but you can use any of the directions on the back of the package to get the best and tastiest fries.
- Serve these immediately after drizzling them with the butter and seasoning mix.
- To store: add to a covered container, and eat within 3 days—reheat in the air fryer.
*Affiliate links are included in this post. Please read my Discloser Policy.
Last Updated on January 9, 2023 by [email protected]