I can’t wait to share with you one of my favorite fall desserts, Chunky Applesauce Cheesecake. Creamy cheesecake and a graham cracker crust filled with a beautiful chunky applesauce filling.
Ah, fall! You are finally here! We are cooling down this week after an extended heatwave and I am so happy. The heat, humidity, and mosquitoes have been bad here in Southwest Michigan so I am ready to start seeing the leaves fall, breathe in the cool crisp air and enjoy all that this beautiful state has to offer for the season.
I call this ‘chunky applesauce’ because this is the applesauce recipe that I make for my family. If I have a few apples lying around I will whip this up as a side for dinner. And since I honestly cannot resist a cheesecake this is a chunky applesauce cheesecake combines two of my favorite things.
Want more desserts for fall?
How to make Chunky Applesauce:
If you wanted to just make the applesauce as I do, you would just use this step alone. I’m sure your family will love it, it’s perfect with a pork roast and mashed potatoes.
Set up a cutting board next to a pot and cube your apples. Put them into the pot and add salt, vanilla, butter, cornstarch, cinnamon, nutmeg, and apple juice. Stir to combine and bring to a boil cooking for around 10 minutes.
Take off the heat and set aside to cool if you are using for the cheesecake. If not, serve immediately.
How to make this no-bake cheesecake recipe:
For the crust crush graham crackers and mix with butter and sugar. Pat down into the bottom of a greased springform pan.
In a mixing bowl combine the cheesecake ingredients: cream cheese, sugar, brown sugar, and cool whip.
Mix with an electric mixer until all combined.
Once the applesauce has cooled down a bit add to the top of the graham cracker crust.
Then on top of that, add the cheesecake mixture.
Sprinkle with some additional crushed graham crackers on top.
Let the cheesecake refrigerate for 4-6 hours.
Slice and serve. And here you are….
From our home in the Bottom Left of the Mitten to yours ~ Enjoy!
Chunky Applesauce Cheesecake
- springform pan
- parchment paper
- 6 Tbs. butter melted
- 1 1/2 cup graham crackers
- 2 Tbs. sugar
- 4 Red Apples chopped into chunks
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 Tbs. butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 Tbs. corn starch
- 1 cup apple juice
- 16 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- Start with making the chunky applesauce. Set up a cutting board next to a pot and cube your apples. Put them into the pot and add salt, vanilla, butter, corn starch, cinnamon, nutmeg and apple juice. Bring to a boil and cook for around 10 minutes.
- Take off the heat and set aside to cool while the crust and cheesecake filling are prepared.
- For the crust crush graham crackers and mix with butter and sugar. Pat down into the bottom of a greased spring form pan.
- In a mixing bowl combine the cheese cake ingredients: cream cheese, sugar, brown sugar and cool whip. Mix with electric mixer until all combined.
- Once the applesauce has cooled down a bit add to the top of the graham cracker crust. On top of that add the cheesecake mixture.
- Refrigerate 4-6 hours. Cut & serve. Enjoy!
- Sprinkle with some additional crushed graham crackers on top.
Originally published in September of 2016. Updated photos & recipe September of 2020.
**Cheesecake filling adapted from Sprinkle Some Sugar
*Affiliate links are included in this post. Please read my Discloser Policy.