Pumpkin spice air fryer donuts use biscuit dough for a flaky center. Then roll in melted butter and top with a crunchy, sugary pumpkin spice coating.
I’ve made this Air Fryer Donut recipe from The Kitchn many times. So I decided to play around with these biscuit donuts and give them a fall upgrade! My boys LOVED these and immediately demanded a second batch so they could have them for breakfast on school days.
How do you like to spend your autumn weekends?
This time of year for us is like most families I’m sure—school, sports, work. Trying to balance it all can sometimes be overwhelming with everyone going in different directions. On the weekends I really like to make sure that we have some family time either at breakfast or Sunday dinner.
Since both boys are now playing sports on both days of the weekend, breakfast seems to make the most sense. That is what makes these pumpkin spice air fryer donuts such a great breakfast. These donuts are easy to make, kids can help with the recipe and of course, they are delicious.
These pumpkin spice donuts have-
- Pre-made flaky jumbo biscuits. These are the biscuits in a tube, a popular brand is Pillsbury.
- Melted unsalted butter. This helps the sugar and spices stick to the donut.
- Granulated sugar mixed with pumpkin pie spice and cinnamon. This makes the perfect pumpkin spice blend.
This uses pre-made biscuit dough that is in a tube, NOT the frozen biscuit dough in the freezer section. In my store, it is by the make-and-break cookies and pre-made pizza dough section.
Visit YouTube for a video of how to make these
Pumpkin Spice Air Fryer Donuts
How to make pumpkin spice air fryer donuts with biscuits step-by-step
Start by separating the biscuits into 8 sections.
Pat the biscuits to flatten a little bit. Make sure not to flatten too much, or you won’t have enough room to fit 4 donuts into the air fryer at a time.
Next, use a small shot glass to cut a circle in the center of the dough.
Remove the circle and set it aside.
What should I do with the extra biscuit dough?
Take the donut holes and cook them just like the other donuts.
Bonus donut bites!
Set the air fryer to 350 degrees and fry the donuts for 3 minutes, take out the basket, and flip. Fry for another 3 minutes.
While the donuts are air frying, melt the butter in a shallow dish and add the coating ingredients to another bowl: sugar, pumpkin spice, and cinnamon.
As the donuts get done (you will cook these in batches of 4), take the donuts and dip both sides into the melted butter.
Then place the buttered donuts into the coating, flip the donut, and coat the other side.
Finally, add the pumpkin spice donuts to a cooling rack.
Tips & Variations
- Making donuts in the air fryer is really simple, but you will want to make sure to check your air fryer model’s directions and adjust times/heat accordingly.
- Make your own pumpkin spice blend using ground cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and cloves.
- Not a pumpkin spice fan? Skip that step and just use the cinnamon sugar.
Let cool then add to a covered airtight container, place on the counter or in the refrigerator, and eat within 3 days. Add to the air fryer and cook for 1-2 minutes if you prefer them warm.
It is not recommended to freeze these donuts.
Need more pumpkin recipe inspiration?
Eat warm or let it cool. And here you are…
From our home in the Bottom Left of the Mitten to yours ~ Enjoy!
Pumpkin Spice Air Fryer Donuts
- air fryer
- wire rack
- medium baking sheet
- 16 ounce jumbo flaky biscuit dough in a can
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin spice
- 1/2 tablespoon cinnamon
- Start by separating the biscuits into 8 sections.16 ounce jumbo flaky biscuit dough
- Pat the biscuits to flatten a little bit.
- Next, use a small shot glass to cut a circle in the center of the dough. Remove the circle and set it aside.
- Set the air fryer to 350 degrees and fry the donuts for 3 minutes, take out the basket, and flip. Fry for another 3 minutes.
- While the donuts are air frying, melt the butter in a shallow dish and add the coating ingredients to another bowl: sugar, pumpkin spice, and cinnamon.6 tablespoons unsalted butter, 1/2 cup granulated sugar, 1 tablespoon pumpkin spice, 1/2 tablespoon cinnamon
- As the donuts get done (you will cook these in batches of 4), take the donuts and dip both sides into the butter.
- Place the buttered donuts into the coating, flip the donut and coat the other side.
- Finally, add the donuts to a cooling rack.
- Eat warm or let cool. Enjoy!
Tips for making this recipe:
- Take the biscuit circle centers, cook, and coat them like the other donuts. They make the perfect donut holes!
- To store: let cool, add to a covered container, and place on the counter or refrigerate. Eat within 3 days. Place back into the air fryer to reheat if desired.
*Affiliate links are included in this post. Please read my Discloser Policy.
Last Updated on May 12, 2023 by [email protected]
Wow, these look so tasty, and I wish I had few waiting for my morning coffee. Very cool to make them in the air fryer. 🙂
Thank you Valentina!
I recently bought an air fryer and i’m so going to try this! Looks amazing!
I hope you enjoy these and the new air fryer Diana.
These air fryer donuts looks so delicious! I love pumpkin spice – perfect for the season ♥
Yes Natalie, a great Fall treat!
Love the idea of air frying donuts! Less mess for sure and so good! Of course Pumpkin Spice is to DIE FOR!!!!
Yes, Tisha! It is so easy to make them in the air fryer.
I would buy an airfrier only to make this deliciousness. They truly look amazing!
Lol, thank you Claudia!
Lovely idea to use ready made biscuit dough for these simple pumpkin spiced doughnuts, great that they are made in the air fryer too!
Thank you, Kavita! So easy to make.
So……what is pumpkin spice? Or how do you make it? Got a recipe?
I buy my pumpkin spice premade, but I found this great recipe from Delish.com if you would like to try to make your own: https://www.delish.com/cooking/recipe-ideas/a23573586/pumpkin-pie-spice-recipe/