Pumpkin pie ice cream is a creamy treat that perfect for fall! This no-churn ice cream recipe is a great break from traditional pumpkin spice recipes.
I couldn’t believe how easy it was to make ice cream. No fancy equipment just start with 2 simple ingredients and then add from there. I’ve always wanted to try my own so I thought for Fall some pumpkin ice cream would be perfect. Even better, pumpkin pie ice cream.
Even though it is officially the beginning of fall, ice cream really is in order since this week has been H-O-T! I’m talking almost 90 degrees. It’s a little odd to see the leaves falling when you are staring at them from inside because you want to be close to the A/C. Not complaining though because Michigan winters are so long that I will take every last bit of summer I can get.
Is no-churn ice cream easy to make at home? Yes!
- Start with just two ingredients: heavy whipping cream and sweetened condensed milk.
- Don’t have a Kitchen Aid mixer? A handheld electric mixer works just as well!
- Add nuts, fruit, candy pieces, chocolate chunks…anything you like to make a no-churn dessert at home the whole family will love.
So now let’s cool off with some pumpkin pie ice cream, shall we?
This pumpkin ice cream recipe has-
- Heavy whipping cream, pumpkin puree, vanilla, and pumpkin pie spice
- Sweetened condensed milk
- Crushed graham crackers
How to make this recipe
Using a mixer, either stand or handheld, add all the ingredients through the sweetened condensed milk.
Turn on the mixer and let it go on medium speed for 5-8 minutes.
The longer the mixer goes, the thicker it will get. You want it to come out to be the consistency of pudding.
In a Ziploc bag, crush up graham crackers. Not too fine though. Add 3/4 of the cup of crushed cookies into the filling.
Place into a greased bread pan then spread to make it even in the pan with a spoon.
Top the pumpkin ice cream with the rest of the graham crackers.
Into the freezer, this no-churn pumpkin pie ice cream goes. It needs at least 6 hours, but it’s better if you let it stay in there overnight.
What can be used to replace graham crackers in this recipe?
Try using crushed Golden Oreo cookies, baked pie crust pieces, or Golden Graham cereal.
More pumpkin spice recipes
And here you are…..
From our home in the Bottom Left of the Mitten to yours ~ Enjoy!
Pumpkin Pie Ice Cream
- stand or hand mixer
- bread pan
- plastic wrap
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin spice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup crushed graham crackers
- Using a mixer, add all the ingredients EXCEPT the sweetened condensed milk. Mix on medium speed for 5-8 minutes.2 cups heavy whipping cream, 3/4 cup pumpkin puree, 1 teaspoon pumpkin spice, 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Add the sweetened condensed milk and mix for another 2 minutes.14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- In a Ziploc bag, crush up the graham crackers. Add 3/4 of the cup of crushed cookies into the filling. Mix for another 2 minutes.1 cup crushed graham crackers
- Place the mixture into the loaf pan.
- Sprinkle the top with the rest of the graham crackers.
- Cover the top of the pan with plastic wrap.
- Place into the freezer for 6 hours to overnight. Enjoy!
- The ice cream needs to set up in the refrigerator for at least 6 hours, if not overnight.
Cookie crust adapted from Celebrating Sweets.
Originally published in September of 2017. Updated post in September of 2021 with new photos, same great recipe.
More Simple Pumpkin Recipes
- Autumn Harvest Pumpkin Soup by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Chocolate Pumpkin Chia Pudding by Cricket’s Confections
- Chocolate Pumpkin Pastry Twists by Caroline’s Cooking
- Cream Cheese Filled Pumpkin Bread by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Miso Broth with Roast Pumpkin and Noodles by Sprinkles and Sprouts
- Pumpkin Coffee Cake with Walnut Streusel by Baking Sense
- Pumpkin Kugel by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Pumpkin Monkey Bread Muffins by Jersey Girl Cooks
- Pumpkin Mug Muffin by Our Good Life
- Pumpkin Oatmeal Cups by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Pumpkin Shrub by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Pumpkin Spiced Cream Cheese Rolls by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Roasted Pumpkin Apple Bacon Soup by Food Lust People Love
- Savory Pumpkin with Red Onion Garlic and Coconut by Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
Last Updated on October 5, 2021 by [email protected]