Pumpkin pie ice cream is a creamy treat that is perfect for fall! This no-churn ice cream recipe is a great break from traditional pumpkin spice recipes.
I couldn’t believe how easy it was to make ice cream. No fancy equipment just start with 2 simple ingredients and then add from there. I’ve always wanted to try my own so I thought for Fall some pumpkin ice cream would be perfect. Even better, pumpkin pie ice cream.
Even though it is officially the beginning of fall, ice cream really is in order since this week has been H-O-T! I’m talking almost 90 degrees. It’s a little odd to see the leaves falling when you are staring at them from inside because you want to be close to the A/C. Not complaining though because Michigan winters are so long that I will take every last bit of summer I can get.
Is no-churn ice cream easy to make at home? Yes!
- Start with just two ingredients: heavy whipping cream and sweetened condensed milk.
- Don’t have a Kitchen Aid mixer? A handheld electric mixer works just as well!
- Add nuts, fruit, candy pieces, chocolate chunks…anything you like to make a no-churn dessert at home the whole family will love.
So now let’s cool off with some pumpkin pie ice cream, shall we?
The ingredients and why they work so well together
This pumpkin ice cream recipe has-
- Heavy whipping cream, pumpkin puree, vanilla, and pumpkin pie spice. The heavy whipping cream is given the pumpkin treatment for the ice cream base.
- Sweetened condensed milk. This is what adds sweetness to the ice cream.
- Crushed graham crackers. The addition of graham crackers is an homage to the crust in pumpkin pie.
How to pumpkin pie ice cream step-by-step
Using a mixer, either stand or handheld, add all the ingredients through the sweetened condensed milk.
Turn on the mixer and let it go on medium speed for 5-8 minutes.
The longer the mixer goes, the thicker it will get. You want it to come out to be the consistency of pudding.
In a Ziploc bag, crush up graham crackers. Not too fine though. Add 3/4 of the cup of crushed cookies into the filling.
Place into a greased bread pan then spread to make it even in the pan with a spoon.
Top the pumpkin ice cream with the rest of the graham crackers.
Into the freezer, this no-churn pumpkin pie ice cream goes. It needs at least 6 hours, but it’s better if you let it stay in there overnight.
Tips & Variations
- Replace the graham crackers with crushed Golden Oreo cookies, baked pie crust pieces, or Golden Graham cereal.
- Make your own pumpkin puree with this recipe from Love & Lemons.
More pumpkin spice recipes
And here you are…..
From our home in the Bottom Left of the Mitten to yours ~ Enjoy!
Pumpkin Pie Ice Cream
- stand or hand mixer
- bread pan
- plastic wrap
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin spice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup crushed graham crackers
- Using a mixer, add all the ingredients EXCEPT the sweetened condensed milk. Mix on medium speed for 5-8 minutes.2 cups heavy whipping cream, 3/4 cup pumpkin puree, 1 teaspoon pumpkin spice, 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Add the sweetened condensed milk and mix for another 2 minutes.14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- In a Ziploc bag, crush up the graham crackers. Add 3/4 of the cup of crushed cookies into the filling. Mix for another 2 minutes.1 cup crushed graham crackers
- Place the mixture into the loaf pan.
- Sprinkle the top with the rest of the graham crackers.
- Cover the top of the pan with plastic wrap.
- Place into the freezer for 6 hours to overnight. Enjoy!
Tips for making this recipe:
- The ice cream needs to be set up in the refrigerator for at least 6 hours, if not overnight.
- To store: cover the container with plastic wrap and add it back into the freezer. Eat within 5 days.
Cookie crust adapted from Celebrating Sweets.
Originally published in September of 2017. Updated post in September of 2021 with new photos, same great recipe.
*Affiliate links are included in this post. Please read my Discloser Policy.
Last Updated on October 30, 2022 by [email protected]
It’s been unseasonably hot here to but I can eat ice cream anytime. I love the graham addition it sounds perfect for a pumpkin pie flavored treat!
Stay cool out there & thank you Cindy!
We’ve been in the 90’s this week and I bet your temps have been almost as hot! Your yummy ice cream is the perfect way to beat the heat!
Thank you Liz! I hope you’ve been staying cool.
What an easy and pretty ice cream! We’re having extended summer here too. So Pumpkin Ice Cream is the perfect treat for a warm autumn day.
Thank you Eileen, I couldn’t agree more. Stay cool!
Hah….perfect idea to make ice cream in the pumpkin theme especially since we are so unseasonably warm this month.
Isn’t this Indian Summer crazy? Hoping for a cool down soon.
The Ninja Baker
It is miraculous what heavenly delights can transpire with heavy cream and condensed milk….Glad to know the correct measurements of pumpkin to create perfect ice cream for autumn! (P.s. It’s still quite warm in CA, too.)
Yes! Now that I have made my own I know that there are no limits to what we can make. We love ice cream all year round here.
Not big on pastry crumbs in my ice cream. I assume you can simply omit the cookies, or is some sort of other adjustment required?
Omitting them is perfectly fine! Tastes great with or without them. I also have added chocolate chips before-that was really good.