This sugar cookie and apple cobbler has a warm apple filling and a cookie crust. Sprinkled with cinnamon sugar for an extra crunchy layer.
My stepmother stopped over and gifted me with a HUGE shoebox full of recipe cards and books that she had. After going through all the wonderful recipes, I landed on one that would be perfect for fall! It was in a Pillsbury/The Pampered Chef small cookbook called, Turning Out the Best Recipe Book.
Ingredients for apple cobbler sugar cookie dough
This easy dessert has –
- Premade sugar cookie dough
- Lemon juice
- Brown sugar, sugar, cinnamon, vanilla, and nutmeg
If you have a really good recipe, like this one from Life, Love & Sugar, you could even make your own sugar cookie dough for the crust.
Since this apple dessert recipe bakes up nicely in a dish and can travel well, it’s the perfect dish to bring to holiday parties or tailgates.
How to make sugar cookie and apple cobbler
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
Core and chop the apples into bite-sized pieces, then add the apples to a bowl.
To the apples add lemon juice, vanilla, nutmeg, cinnamon, brown sugar, and flour. Stir to combine.
Add the apples to a greased 9×13 dish.
Next, open the cookie dough and cut it into 18 slices. Place the slices over the top of the apple filling.
Where do you find premade sugar cookie dough?
At my grocery store, the tubes are in the same cooler case as the premade biscuits and break-and-bake cookies.
A typical brand is Pillsbury.
In a bowl, mix the sugar and cinnamon.
Sprinkle over the top of the sugar cookie slices.
Put into the preheated oven and bake for 40 minutes.
What type of apple is best to use in desserts?
Gala apples are my favorite type of apple to bake since they tend to hold a bit of their crispness even after baking.
Can you use peeled apples for apple cobbler?
I love cooking my apples with the skin on them, but I know not everyone does so feel free to take the skin off before cooking with them.
Can I use apple pie spice in this recipe?
If you have apple pie spice on hand, go ahead and substitute the cinnamon and nutmeg in the apples with 1/2 tsp.
Fall dinner favorites
Let the dessert cool slightly, serve warm. And here you are……
From our home in the Bottom Left of the Mitten to yours ~ Enjoy!
Sugar Cookie and Apple Cobbler
- 9×13 baking dish
Sugar Cookie and Apple Cobbler
- 6 medium sized apples I used Gala apples, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoon all purpose flour
- 1 cup lightly packed brown sugar
- 16.5 ounces roll of premade sugar cookie dough
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Core and chop the apples into bite-sized pieces, then add the apples to a bowl.
- To the apples add lemon juice, vanilla, nutmeg, cinnamon, brown sugar, and flour. Stir to combine.
- Add the apples to a greased 9×13 dish.
- Next, open the cookie dough and cut it into 18 slices. Place the slices over the top of the apple filling.
- In a bowl, mix the sugar and cinnamon, then sprinkle over the top.
- Put into the preheated oven and bake for 40 minutes. Serve warm.
- Don’t like apples with skin on them? I love cooking my apples with the skin on them but I know not everyone does, so feel free to take the skin off before cooking with them.
Originally published in October of 2018. Updated post in July of 2021 with new photos, same great recipe.
*Affiliate links are included in this post. Please read my Discloser Policy.
Last Updated on February 22, 2022 by [email protected]
This looks so incredibly yummy I can perfect to snack on in the fall
Thank you so much, Mimi!
This recipe is perfect for holiday parties! I love how delicious and simple it is to make! 🙂
Yes, it is so easy! Thank you Andrea.
This looks so delicious! I love all things involving apple, so I can’t wait to try this!
Apples are so good! Thank you Crista.
Oh my gosh YUM!!! We just made some apple crisp this weekend but I want to try this next!!
This is very similar to a crisp, I think you will love it!
This looks like the perfect recipe to make with my kids when I want to make something fast but special! Going through collections of recipes is so fun!
I agree Maegan! Thank you so much.
Omg😍 I loooove me some apples & sugar cookies this is a must!! TY💛
Thank you, Nita! I hope you enjoy it :’)