This Roasted Pepper Turkey Sandwich has layers of meat, cheese, and roasted red peppers on crunchy ciabatta bread.
When I’m asked what my favorite food is I instantly say, ‘sandwiches.’ I definitely live by my personal heroine’s wisdom on what makes the sandwich so great.
“Can I share with you my worldview? All of humankind has one thing in common: the sandwich. I believe that all anyone really wants in this life is to sit in peace and eat a sandwich.” – Liz Lemon
So many combinations of flavors from the meat and bread, to what vegetables and types of cheese to add, and what sauce to slather on it.
My favorite though has to be one that is warm and has a nice and crunchy bread. So guess what I do to get that nice and toasty bread? I use my air fryer to make sandwiches! Making sandwiches in the air fryer is going to become your new FAVORITE thing!
What movie pairs well with a turkey sandwich and craft beer pairing?
For tonight’s Mitten Movie Night we are watching Bohemian Rhapsody. I know I’m a little late to the party but honestly, I was having a hard time wrapping my head around Sacha Baron Cohen NOT being in it. Did you know he was originally slated to play the lead?
What beer pairs well with turkey sandwiches made in the air fryer?
The beer: Upper Hand Light from Upper Hand Brewery
This light beer pairs well with pretty much any sandwich craving I’m having because it’s crisp and ‘light’, just like the name says.
How to make Roasted Pepper Turkey Sandwich in the air fryer:
Butter one side of two slices of ciabatta bread. Lay one piece of butter side down in the bottom of the air fryer basket.
To the bread add half the cheese, half the red peppers.
Layer the turkey on top.
Repeat the cheese, red peppers and the final piece of bread with the butter side up.
To the top of the bread, sprinkle with garlic powder and Parmesan cheese.
Place the basket back into the air fryer and set at 350 degrees for 5 minutes.
After 5 minutes in the air fryer. Open the drawer and flip the sandwich. Cook an additional 2-3 minutes.
Get inspired with these other sandwich & beer pairings:
- Roast Beef Sandwich with Poolside from Bell’s
- Chicken & Mushroom Subs with Michigan Honey Amber from Latitude 42
- Hacienda Torta Cubana with Nectar of the Goddess from Latitude 42
And here you are……
From our home in the Bottom Left of the Mitten to yours ~ Enjoy!
Roasted Pepper Turkey Sandwich
- 2 pieces ciabatta bread
- 2 tsp butter
- 1 Tbs roasted pepper bruschetta
- 3 ounces oven-roasted turkey breast
- 1/2 cup Italian blend shredded cheese
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp Parmesan for sprinkling
- Butter one side of two slices of ciabatta bread. Lay one piece of butter side down in the bottom of the air fryer basket.
- To the bread add half the cheese and half the red peppers.
- Layer the turkey on top.
- Repeat the cheese, red peppers, and the final piece of bread with the butter side up.
- To the top of the bread, sprinkle with garlic powder and Parmesan cheese.
- Place the basket back into the air fryer and set it at 350 degrees for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes in the air fryer, open the drawer and flip the sandwich. Cook an additional 2-3 minutes.
- Cut the sandwich in half and serve. Enjoy!
Originally published in March of 2019. Updated photos June of 2021.
*Affiliate links are included in this post. Please read my Discloser Policy.