Not looking to spend a lot of time on dinner? Then I have the perfect sandwich for your busy Friday night. Chicken & Mushroom Subs on a steamed bun. Using pre-cooked chicken, sliced mushrooms and shredded cheese this is a one-pan wonder that will easily become your go-to meal.
Well, we are heading into Mother’s Day weekend with lots of rain and dreary weather on this Mitten Movie Night. Trying not to get too down because we have really had great weather lately and it really was a long time coming.
What beer pairs well with Chicken & Mushroom Subs?
The beer: Michigan Honey Amber from Latitude 42.
This beer is such a unique mix of honey and citrus. The nice thing about this chicken sandwich is that it pairs so well with a big flavor craft beer like this. For me, the perfect meal is this a great beer and a sandwich.
What movies pairs well with beer and sandwiches?
Tonight we are watching Super Troopers! We had a date night last weekend and watched Super Troopers 2 so naturally, we have to go back and re-watch the original classic.
How to make Chicken & Mushroom Subs:
Start by preheating the oven to 375 degrees and grease a sheet pan.
This sandwich is a great use of cooked chicken. If you have a rotisserie chicken on hand shred it up. Did you cook some chicken in the crock-pot and have some leftover? Great! Even boil 2 chicken breasts on the stove top. Whichever way you choose to cook your chicken breast shred it then add to the pan.
On top of that add the sliced mushrooms. Pop into the oven and cook for 10 minutes.
After 10 minutes take the pan out of the oven and add the cheese then put the pan back into the oven for another 5 minutes to let the cheese melt.
For the buns, I decided that I wanted them to be steamed and not toasted. I tried a little trick to steam buns in the microwave that I found online and it worked really well! Just leave them in the plastic bag (of course remove the bag tie first which could have metal on it) then microwave for 30 seconds, voila! Fresh steamed buns.
The sauce is simply made by combining 1/4 cup mayonnaise and 2 Tbs Caesar dressing. This adds a creamy layer of flavor to the sandwich.
Slather the sauce on the buns then slide the chicken, mushroom, and cheese filling on to each bun.
Pair with some chips. I recommend Better Made Garlic Dill Pickle!
And here you are……
From our home in the Bottom Left of the Mitten to yours ~ Enjoy!
*Affiliate links are included in this post. Please read my Discloser Policy.
Chicken & Mushroom Subs
Chicken & Mushrooms
- 2 cups cooked chicken shredded
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 8 sub sandwich buns steamed
- 1-1/2 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 Tbs Caesar dressing
Chicken & Mushroom Subs
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and grease a sheet pan. To the pan add the cooked and shredded chicken. On top of that add the sliced mushrooms. Put into the oven and cook for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes take the pan out of the oven and add the cheese then put pan back into the oven for another 5 minutes to let the cheese melt.
- To steam the buns leave them in the plastic bag (remove the bag tie first which could have metal on it) then microwave for 30 seconds.
- Slather the sauce on the buns then add the chicken, mushroom and cheese filling to each bun. Pair with some chips. Enjoy!
- Combine 1/4 cup mayonnaise and 2 Tbs Caesar dressing.