Layers of crispy waffle fries, crunchy bacon, creamy ranch then topped with melted cheese. All made in the air fryer and minimal cleanup. Air fryer loaded waffle fries are just what snacking should be, easy and delicious!
I think it’s an official thing by now. We are going on 8 solid months of me being in love with my air fryer. If an inanimate object can be your BFF, my air fryer and I would be attached at the hip. This thing is THE BOMB! What can’t you make in this thing?
Can you make sandwiches in it? Yes! Check out this Roasted Pepper Turkey Sandwich.
Snacks for munching? Yes! Air Fryer Rosemary Cashews is one of my most popular recipes.
Side dishes? Yes! These Air Fryer Green Beans with Bacon are a great side for any main dish.
What about making an air fryer recipe that is loaded with bacon, ranch, and LOTS of cheese? Um, yeah. That’s literally what I’m doing right now.
So we’ve got dinner squared away for Mitten Movie Night so let’s talk about the beer and what we’re watching.
These crispy waffle fries have-
- Frozen waffle fries are cooked until super crispy
- Layers of ranch dressing and cooked bacon
- Topped with cheese and green onions or chives
What beer pairs well with air fryer waffle fries loaded with ranch and bacon?
The beer: Dirty Blonde from Atwater.
This blonde is the beer that started it all! My love of craft beer came about after sipping on this Dirty Blonde from Atwater Brewery. It’s the perfect beer for those just starting out on their craft beer journey.
What TV Show pairs well with waffle fries and great Michigan Craft Beer?
Hubby and I have been binging The Boys. Great show and can I add that Elisabeth Shue looks amazing. As someone who is about to slide into the last part of the first part of her 40s, hats off to you lady.
How to make air fryer loaded waffle fries step-by-step
Start off by setting the air fryer to 400 degrees.
My air fryer has a ‘french fry’ setting so I set it to that which is 400 degrees. Check your manual for cooking times.
Fry the waffles fries for 15-20 minutes shaking the basket in 5-minute intervals so they don’t stick to the bottom.
Once the waffle fries have been cooked in the air fryer to the desired goldenness take the basket of the fryer out.
Layer with the cooked bacon and ranch. See isn’t this a perfect ‘one pan’ snack attack?
Add cheese, then finally the green onions or chives.
Cook in the air fryer for 2-4 minutes more.
Tips & Variations
- I use frozen waffle fries, but you can also use frozen fries or you could even use these Crinkle-Cit Waffle Fries from Southern Cast Iron.
Serves with an ice-cold beer. And here you are…..
From our home in the Bottom Left of the Mitten to yours ~ Enjoy!
Air Fryer Loaded Waffle Fries
- air fryer
- small tongs
- 12 ounces bacon cooked and chopped
- 22 ounces golden waffle fries
- 2 stalks green onion or bunch of chives chopped
- 1/2 cup ranch dressing
- 1 cup Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- Set the air fryer to 400 degrees.
- Air fry the waffles fries for 15-20 minutes, shaking the basket in 5-minute intervals so they don't stick to the bottom.22 ounces golden waffle fries
- Once the waffle fries have been cooked, take the basket of the fryer out.
- Layer with the cooked bacon and ranch.1/2 cup ranch dressing, 12 ounces bacon
- Add cheese, then finally the green onions.1 cup Monterey Jack cheese, shredded, 2 stalks green onion or bunch of chives
- Cook in the air fryer for 2-4 minutes.
Tips for making this recipe:
- The times that I recommend are setting that work well for my specific type of air fryer. Check your air fryer user manual for timing and temperature tips for your model.
- To store: add to a covered container. Reheat in the air fryer for 5 minutes. Eat within 3 days.
Originally published in August of 2019. Updated post in September of 2021 with new photos, same great recipe.
*Affiliate links are included in this post. Please read my Discloser Policy.
Last Updated on July 5, 2022 by [email protected]
Wow these fries look so yummy and super addicting! I know my kids would go crazy for this recipe – thanks for sharing!
Thank you, Chelsey! I hope everyone loves them.