Tired of the same old tacos? Looking to give boring French fries a new life? Then try these fiesta fries for dinner or at your next party.
With the holidays behind us, I was ready to just relax on this Mitten Movie Night and make something super easy. These Fiesta Fries were on the table in less than 20 minutes and took ALL THE STUFF I LOVE IN TACOS and loads it on top of crispy french fries.
What TV show pairs well with loaded french fries and beer?
I am on the third episode of Escape At Dannemora. If you are into compelling dramas that are based on actual events, then this show is for you.
Patricia Arquette’s character is really one of the most complex I’ve seen in a long time. You want to hate her. You want to feel sorry for her. I can see why she’s up for awards for this role.
What beer pairs well with this meal?
The beer: Tiny Bomb American Pilsner from Wiseacre Brewing Co.
We purchased this while we were on our trip to Nashville in November. This beer was very similar to my favorite type of blonde ale, just slightly less sweet. Gave me a serious summertime vibe even in the middle of winter.
Like most people, I’m sure either you asked for an Instant Pot or an Air Fryer for Christmas this year. I asked for the latter and have to admit I am so happy I did! For this recipe, I used the air fryer to make my fries nice and crispy.
These fully loaded taco French fries have-
- Frozen French fries cooked in the oven or air fryer until crispy and golden brown
- Ground beef with green chili enchilada sauce and Creole seasoning
- Toppings like cheddar cheese, taco sauce, avocado ranch dressing, jalapenos, and tomato
How do you make crispy french fries in the air fryer?
According to my air fryer users guide, frozen french fries should be cooked at 400 degrees for 15 minutes.
I used this as a start but went 10 minutes at 400 degrees, taking out the basket and shaking, then cooking for another 10 minutes. They turned out perfect!
How to make fiesta fries step-by-step
Next, make the beef with green chili enchilada sauce for the topping on the fries.
Start by browning 1 pound of 80/20 beef with 1/4 cup of green onions. Save the green ends for garnish.
Once the beef is cooked all the way through, add the green chili enchilada sauce and seasoning. Heat through.
The nice thing about these fries
Tips & Variations
- Build the fries on individual plates and let the diners add the toppings so that you don’t let the meat make the fries soggy if you make them all at once.
- This can be made with ground chicken or turkey instead of ground beef.
- Make your own green enchilada sauce using this recipe from Kevin Is Cooking.
More loaded French fry recipes
And here you are…..
From our home in the Bottom Left of the Mitten to yours ~ Enjoy!
- air fryer if you want to use this to cook the French fries
- medium sautee pan
- 32 ounces frozen french fries cooked according to package directions or made to air fryer specifications
- 1 pound ground hamburger (80/20 mix)
- 2 green onion stalks chopped, half for ground beef and half for garnish
- 10 ounces green chili enchilada sauce
- 1 tablespoon creole seasoning
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar jack cheese
- 1/2 cup taco sauce
- 1/2 cup avocado ranch dressing
- 1/4 cup jalapeno & tomato for topping
- Make the French fries according to package directions or make in the air fryer according to your models specifications and heating times.32 ounces frozen french fries
- Brown 1 pound of 80/20 beef with 1/4 cup of green onions. Save the green ends for garnish.1 pound ground hamburger (80/20 mix), 2 green onion stalks
- Once the beef is cooked all the way through, add the green chili enchilada sauce and Creole seasoning. Heat through.10 ounces green chili enchilada sauce, 1 tablespoon creole seasoning
- Top with avocado ranch dressing, cheese, tomatoes, the rest of the green onions, and jalapenos. Drizzle with taco sauce. Enjoy!1/2 cup shredded cheddar jack cheese, 1/2 cup taco sauce, 1/2 cup avocado ranch dressing, 1/4 cup jalapeno & tomato for topping
Tips for making this recipe:
- When cooking the ground beef, depending on what fat percentage you use, you will want to drain the grease before adding the sauce and seasonings.
- Don't make this all at once, build the loaded fries on a plate so that the fries don't get soggy.
- Make the avocado ranch with this recipe here.
- To store: Keep the French fries and ground beef separate in containers to refrigerate. Reheat and eat for up to 3 days.
Originally published in January of 2019. Updated post in April of 2022 with resized photos, same great recipe.
*Affiliate links are included in this post. Please read my Discloser Policy.
Last Updated on April 29, 2022 by [email protected]