These Buffalo Ranch Chicken Tacos are so full of flavor you won’t go back to boring tacos again!
I’ve got something spicy on deck for this Mitten Movie Night! These Buffalo Ranch Chicken Tacos are full of so much flavor. Soft tortillas filled with chicken, pico de gallo, cheese and finally topped with a buffalo ranch sauce that you will be putting on everything once you try it.
What beer pairs well with Buffalo Ranch Chicken Tacos?
The beer: No, Yeah from Bell’s
Celebrate warmer weather and pair these fresh tacos with this crisp and easy-drinking beer that compliments the bite of the buffalo sauce and the jalapeno in the pico de gallo.
What movie pairs well with chicken tacos topped with buffalo ranch and Pico de gallo?
For tonight’s movie, I recommend ‘How It Ends’. I am a big fan of post-apocalyptic movies, and this one was right up my alley. Check out Netflix to find this title. So now on to these buffalo ranch chicken tacos!
How to make Buffalo Ranch Chicken Tacos:
Start by cutting each chicken breast in half to thin these out a bit. Then cover with plastic wrap and use a mallet to beat the chicken down to about 1/2″ thick.
Heat the oil in a pan. I like to season chicken tacos with a creole seasoning over each side of the chicken. Place the chicken into the pan and cook each side for 4-6 minutes.
Once the chicken has cooked all the way through remove it from the pan and cube.
How to make an easy Pico De Gallo:
You can hand chop all the vegetables and then mix them with lime, cilantro, and cumin, or you can save so much time by using a food processor. It does make it a little watery from the tomatoes, so make sure to strain in a mesh strainer over a bowl once it’s done in the food processor.
How to make Buffalo Ranch Sauce:
In a bowl combine the buffalo sauce and ranch dressing. This sauce is the key to making this chicken taco recipe the BEST!
For the flour tortillas, I love to cook them over the open flame on my stove. You can, of course, skip this step if you like and just cover 8 tortillas with a warm, wet paper towel and microwave for 25 seconds.
Now fill the shells with chicken, Cotija cheese, pico de gallo, then drizzle with buffalo ranch sauce.
Serve with Double Batch Smashed Beans and here you are…..
From our home in the Bottom Left of the Mitten to yours ~ Enjoy!
Buffalo Ranch Chicken Tacos
- food processor for the pico de gallo
Chicken for tacos
- 8 flour tortillas, fajita size
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts pounded thin
- 2 Tbs creole seasoning
- 2 Tbs avocado oil or vegetable oil
- 1 cup Cotija cheese crumbled
Pico de gallo
- 2 Roma tomatoes
- 1 jalapeno remove top and seeds
- 1 lime juiced
- 1 small red onion
- 1 cup cilantro
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 cup buffalo sauce
- 1/2 cup ranch dressing
Chicken for tacos
- Start by cutting each chicken breast in half to thin these out a bit. Then cover with plastic wrap and use a mallet to beat the chicken down to about 1/2" thick.
- Heat the oil in a pan, then sprinkle the creole seasoning over each side of the chicken. Place the chicken into the pan and cook each side for 4-6 minutes.
- Once the chicken has cooked all the way through remove it from the pan and cube.
Pico de gallo
- Add ingredients to a food processor. Once it's done in the food processor, pour into a mesh strainer to drain the liquid.
- In a bowl, combine the buffalo sauce and ranch dressing.
- Fill the tortilla shells with chicken, cheese, pico de gallo, then drizzle with buffalo ranch sauce. Enjoy!
Originally published in July of 2018. Updated post in June of 2021.
*Affiliate links are included in this post. Please read my Discloser Policy.
Last Updated on July 18, 2021 by [email protected]