These Buffalo ranch chicken tacos are so full of flavor you won’t go back to boring tacos again!
I’ve got something spicy on deck for this Mitten Movie Night! These buffalo ranch chicken tacos are full of so much flavor. Soft tortillas filled with chicken, pico de gallo, cheese, and finally topped with a buffalo ranch sauce that you will be putting on everything once you try it.
I serve these buffalo tacos without sour cream as you would with most tacos because the ranch adds enough creaminess to balance out the spice.
- What beer pairs well with buffalo ranch chicken tacos?
- What movie pairs well with chicken tacos topped with buffalo ranch and pico de gallo?
- How to make these easy chicken tacos step-by-step
- How to make an easy pico de Gallo step-by-step
- How to make buffalo ranch sauce step-by-step
- Serving Suggestions
- Tips & Variations
- More taco recipes
- Buffalo Ranch Chicken Tacos
What beer pairs well with buffalo ranch chicken tacos?
The beer: No, Yeah from Bell’s
Celebrate warmer weather and pair these fresh tacos with this crisp and easy-drinking beer that compliments the bite of the buffalo sauce and the jalapeno in the pico de gallo.
What movie pairs well with chicken tacos topped with buffalo ranch and pico de gallo?
For tonight’s movie, I recommend ‘How It Ends’. I am a big fan of post-apocalyptic movies, and this one was right up my alley. Check out Netflix to find this title. So now on to these buffalo ranch chicken tacos!
These buffalo ranch chicken tacos include these ingredients-
- Soft flour tortillas. I like to use the smaller street taco size and heat them over an open flame to give a little more flavor to them.
- Sliced chicken breasts blacked with Creole seasoning. Pound the chicken thinly and cook quickly for it to stay juicy inside and has tons of flavor on the outside.
- A simple homemade spicy pico de gallo recipe. In the food processor chop tomato, jalapeno, lime, red onion, cilantro, and cumin.
- Buffalo sauce and ranch. Two-ingredient mixed for a layer of heat.
- Crumbled Cotija cheese for topping.
Visit YouTube for a video of how to make these
Buffalo ranch chicken tacos
How to make these easy chicken tacos step-by-step
Start by cutting each chicken breast in half to thin these out a bit. Then cover with plastic wrap and use a mallet to beat the chicken down to about 1/2″ thick.
Heat the oil in a pan. I like to season chicken tacos with creole seasoning over each side of the chicken. Place the chicken into the pan and cook each side for 4-6 minutes.
Once the chicken has cooked all the way through remove it from the pan and cube it.
How to make an easy pico de Gallo step-by-step
You can hand chop all the vegetables and then mix them with lime, cilantro, and cumin, or you can save so much time by using a food processor.
Making homemade pico in the food processor does make it watery from the tomatoes, so make sure to strain it in a mesh strainer over a bowl once it’s done in the food processor.
How to make buffalo ranch sauce step-by-step
In a bowl combine the buffalo sauce and ranch dressing. This sauce is the key to making this chicken taco recipe the BEST!
For the flour tortillas, I love to cook them over the open flame on my stove. You can, of course, skip this step if you like and just cover 8 tortillas with a warm, wet paper towel and microwave for 25 seconds.
Now fill the shells with chicken, Cotija cheese, and pico de gallo, then drizzle with buffalo ranch sauce.
Tips & Variations
- Make your own homemade flour tortillas with this recipe from Gimme Some Oven
- If you use a food processor to make the pico de gallo make sure to drain the liquid from the mixture before adding it to the tacos.
Add the chicken, sauce, and pico to separate covered containers. Heat the chicken before adding it to flour tortillas in the microwave. Eat within 3 days.
More taco recipes
And here you are…..
From our home in the Bottom Left of the Mitten to yours ~ Enjoy!
Buffalo Ranch Chicken Tacos
- food processor for the pico de gallo
Chicken for tacos
- 8 flour tortillas, fajita size
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts pounded thin
- 2 tablespoons creole seasoning
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil or vegetable oil
- 1 cup Cotija cheese crumbled
Pico de gallo
- 2 Roma tomatoes
- 1 jalapeno remove top and seeds
- 1 lime juiced
- 1 small red onion
- 1 cup cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 cup buffalo sauce
- 1/2 cup ranch dressing
Chicken for tacos
- Start by cutting each chicken breast in half to thin these out a bit. Then cover with plastic wrap and use a mallet to beat the chicken down to about 1/2" thick.3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Heat the oil in a pan, then sprinkle the creole seasoning over each side of the chicken. Place the chicken into the pan and cook each side for 4-6 minutes.2 tablespoons avocado oil or vegetable oil, 2 tablespoons creole seasoning
- Once the chicken has cooked all the way through remove it from the pan and cube.
Pico de gallo
- Add ingredients to a food processor. Once it's done in the food processor, pour into a mesh strainer to drain the liquid.2 Roma tomatoes, 1 jalapeno, 1 lime, 1 small red onion, 1 cup cilantro, 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- In a bowl, combine the buffalo sauce and ranch dressing.1/2 cup buffalo sauce, 1/2 cup ranch dressing
- Fill the tortilla shells with chicken, cheese, pico de gallo, then drizzle with buffalo ranch sauce. Enjoy!8 flour tortillas, fajita size, 1 cup Cotija cheese
Tips for making this recipe:
- For the pico, if you use a food processor, make sure to use a mesh strainer to drain out the water.
- To store: add the chicken, sauce, and pico to separate covered containers. Heat the chicken before adding it to flour tortillas in the microwave. Eat within 3 days.
Originally published in July of 2018. Updated post in June of 2021.
*Affiliate links are included in this post. Please read my Discloser Policy.
Last Updated on July 14, 2023 by Erin@BottomLeftoftheMitten