Upgrade game day with these Walking Chili Cheese Tacos. Packaged chips make the perfect plate for chili, cheese, meat, and toppings. These walking tacos are a great idea for tailgates or parties.
With football season we usually spend mornings at my son’s games then the afternoons back at home watching the big games. Now I don’t watch but I do get my ‘Game On’ making food that I know my boys will love to snack on while they watch. They love the classics: burgers, wings, and tacos. This week I’m making walking chili cheese tacos.
The great thing about these walking chili cheese tacos is that you can hit the store and grab a variety of chips for the base. Then load it up with ground beef, chili beans with cheese, and lots of toppings.
These walking tacos with chili cheese have-
- Ground beef and seasonings
- Chili mixed with cheese
- Bags of chips like Doritos and Fritos
- Toppins for to add on top like lettuce, tomato, sour cream, and guacamole
How to make this recipe
Start with browning the beef. To the meat add cumin, chili powder, and garlic powder. Cook until completely browned, then drain the excess fat from the pan.
Add the meat to a bowl, then you are ready for the chili cheese sauce.
In a bowl add one can of chili with beans and 1/2 cup Colby Jack cheese. Place a paper towel or two over the top of the bowl then microwave for 3 minutes. Stir to combine, and that is it for the chili cheese.
For the bags, cut a vertical slit down the middle, then a slit horizontally to the top and bottom. Then opened it up.
Right on the top of the chips, add the chili cheese and then the meat.
Tips for serving tacos in a bag
- Set out some taco toppins like lettuce, tomato, sour cream, guacamole and some more cheese of course.
- Go ahead and set this taco bar style so that everyone can make their own and add what they like.
More taco night recipes
And here you are….
From our home in the Bottom Left of the Mitten to yours ~ Enjoy!
Walking Chili Cheese Tacos
- 3/4 pound ground hamburger
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 6 1.8 ounce bag of chips, any style you like
- 15 ounce can chili with beans
- 3/4 cup colby jack cheese 1/2 cup for chili cheese sauce then the rest for topping tacos
- onion, lettuce and tomato for topping
- Start with browning the beef. To the meat add cumin, chili powder, and garlic powder. Cook until completely browned then drain the excess fat from the pan. Add to a bowl for serving.3/4 pound ground hamburger, 1/2 teaspoon chili powder, 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder, 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- In a bowl, add one can of chili with beans, and 1/2 cup Colby Jack cheese. Place a paper towel or two over the top of the bowl, then microwave for 3 minutes. Stir to combine.15 ounce can chili with beans, 3/4 cup colby jack cheese
- For the bags, cut a vertical slit down the middle, then a slit horizontally to the top and bottom. Then opened it up.6 1.8 ounce bag of chips, any style you like
- Right on the top, add the chili cheese and then the meat.
- Chop up some lettuce, tomatoes, onions into small pieces. Set out some sour cream or guacamole and some more cheese.onion, lettuce and tomato for topping
- Set this up bar style so that everyone can make their own and add what they like. Enjoy!
Originally published in September of 2017. Updated post in October of 2021 with new photos, same great recipe.
*Affiliate links are included in this post. Please read my Discloser Policy.
More taco recipes
Breakfast, Dessert, and Alternative Tacos
- Jalapeno Cornbread Taco Pie by Soulfully Made
- Loaded Taco Tots by Gourmet Everyday
- Naked Egg Breakfast Tacos by Palatable Pastime
- Spicy Beef Cheesy Corn Taco Muffins by Food Lust People Love
- Veggie Packed Mouth-Watering Cauliflower Breakfast Tostadas by Bites of Wellness
Lunch and Dinner Tacos
- 1970s Style Tacos by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Asian-Spiced Black Cod Tacos with Kimchi and Avocado-Sriracha Mayo by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Buffalo Chicken Tacos by A Mind Full Mom
- Chorizo Tacos with Black Bean and Corn Salsa by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Cinnamon Beef Tacos by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Easy Fish Taco Recipe by Sunday Supper Movement
- Healthy Ground Turkey Tacos by Mid-Life Croissant
- Low Carb Beef Tacos by Our Good Life
- Salmon Tacos with Watermelon Pico de Gallo by Pies and Plots
- Sloppy Joe Tacos by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Slow Cooker Asian Pork Tacos with Cabbage Slaw by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Slow Cooker Korean BBQ Tacos by Cricket’s Confections
- Steak Tacos with Chimichurri Sauce by The Freshman Cook
- Surf and Turf Tacos by The Weekend Gourmet
- Walking Chili Cheese Tacos by Bottom Left of the Mitten
Last Updated on October 5, 2021 by [email protected]