Looking for a quick lunch or dinner recipe? These stuffed biscuits are filled with ham and cheese and go from oven to table in less than 15 minutes.
How can you go wrong with a three-ingredient recipe that features flaky biscuits baked with a filling of melted cheese and Black forest ham? The answer is, that you can’t.
This simple stuffed biscuit recipe is the perfect quick lunch or dinner that kids absolutely love! They also make a great side with scrambled or over-easy eggs for breakfast.
These ham and cheese-filled biscuits have –
- Canned jumbo flaky layered buttermilk biscuits
- Sliced black forest ham
- Cheese slices, I prefer Kraft American Singles
How to make stuffed biscuits
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and open the can of biscuits.
Make sure that you use the ‘flaky layered’ canned biscuits so that you can easily separate the top and the bottom. This will not work as well if you choose the regular refrigerated biscuit dough.
Slip the dough into a top section and a bottom section.
Place a fourth of the piece of cheese on the bottom and one on the top.
Add about 1 piece of ham that has been torn in half to the center of the cheese on the bottom part of the biscuit.
Now take the 2nd half of the biscuit and put it on top.
Pinch the sides to close it up completely.
Place the biscuits onto a baking sheet covered with parchment paper and continue with the rest of them.
Slide them into the oven and bake for 14 minutes.
Can you use different ingredients inside these baked sandwiches?
Sure! While I like the classic ham and cheese, there are many flavor combos you can make.
-Turkey and White Cheddar
-Roasted chicken and Pepper Jack
-Roast Beef and Sharp Cheddar
What about adding a dipping sauce?
I occasionally serve these with a mixture of whole-grain mustard and mayonnaise at a 1:1 ratio.
More simple and tasty sandwich recipes?
- Turkey & Bacon Sliders with ‘Isn’t That Special’ Sauce
- Cream Cheese Slider Sandwiches
- Deli Counter Turkey Sandwich
Make a quick side dish to go with it. Stuffed biscuits also go great as a dipper for hearty soups during the winter.
And here you are….
From our home in the Bottom Left of the Mitten to yours ~ Enjoy!
- 9×13 baking sheet
- parchment paper
- 16 ounce jumbo buttermilk biscuits make sure it is the 'flaky layered' kind
- 1/2 package Ham, cooked I used Oscar Meyer Deli Black Forest Ham
- 4 slices Kraft cheese singles You can use regular sliced cheese as well
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and open the can of biscuits.16 ounce jumbo buttermilk biscuits
- Split each biscuit down the middle.
- Add 1/4 of a piece of cheese on the bottom, then another 1/4 on the top piece of biscuit.4 slices Kraft cheese singles
- Take a piece of ham and split it down the middle. Stack both pieces on top of the bottom piece of biscuit and cheese.1/2 package Ham, cooked
- Take the top half and put it onto the bottom biscuit half.
- Pinch the sides to close it up completely.
- Bake for 14 minutes. Enjoy!
Tips for making this recipe:
- Make sure to use ONLY flaky layered canned biscuits
- To store: add to a covered container and eat within 3 days. Reheat in the microwave or air fryer.
Originally published in March of 2018. Updated post in October of 2021 with new photos, same great recipe.
*Affiliate links are included in this post. Please read my Discloser Policy.
Last Updated on June 30, 2022 by [email protected]