This deli counter turkey sandwich is BIG on flavor! Crunchy bun, sliced turkey, creamy Swiss cheese, and topped with coleslaw and sweet dressing. This will easily become your go-to sandwich!
I call this the ‘deli counter’ sandwich since I get most of the ingredients from saying ‘Can I have a 1/4 pound of this…’ at the deli counter because like the beer being mine, I am just making this sandwich for myself. Mine, mine, mine! The fellas in my house don’t have the affinity I do for a good sandwich. No worries, more for me.
What movie pairs well with a sandwich and craft beer?
For entertainment, we are watching a show called The Detour. It is a HILARIOUS comedy about a family you will easily fall in love with. The perfect escape and a very binge worthy watch.
What beer pairs well with a deli counter turkey sandwich?
The beer: Oberon from Bell’s Brewing.
It’s officially Oberon season! So tonight for Mitten Movie Night we picked this up from a great store in St. Joseph, MI called The Liquor Cabinet. When looking to get lost in rows and rows of craft beer I suggest you go and take a visit if you’re in the area.
This amount made for a big sandwich with lots of flavors. If you’re making one sandwich (like me) get 1/4 sliced turkey then order the smallest bowl of coleslaw (around 1/4 pound).
The deli at my local store has homemade rolls that are amazing so I hope you do too, grab one! I use them to make my Portobello Mushroom Burger. Right by the counter, you can get slices of cheese, so I picked up some swiss cheese.
I was lucky enough to have the dressing so that was taken care of.
This deli turkey sandwich has-
- Sliced turkey lunch meat
- A high-quality bakery bun
- Sliced Swiss cheese
- Coleslaw pre-made from the deli counter
- Catalina dressing
How to make a deli counter turkey sandwich step-by-step
Take a baking sheet then cut the bun in half, slather with butter, and place face down. Put 1/4 turkey on the sheet pan with the bun then add the sliced cheese on top.
Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes. As you can see below, baking the bun alongside the turkey and cheese make it the perfect base to build this turkey sandwich.
After all is done assemble bun, turkey with the melted cheese, coleslaw, and drizzle with dressing.
Tips & Variations
- You can find deli coleslaw in the cold deli section of your local grocery store. It is either in the same case as the sliced lunch meat or you can find pre-filled containers.
- I like the bun for this to be really crispy and crunchy, but if you don’t you can add the bun about halfway through baking the turkey or you can just leave the bun uncooked.
- Make your own homemade Catalina dressing with this recipe from Diethood.
More turkey recipes
- Cheesy Turkey Burger with Ranch
- Roasted Pepper Turkey Sandwich
- Turkey Meatballs with Balsamic Vinegar Glaze
And here you are…..
From our home in the Bottom Left of the Mitten to yours ~ Enjoy!
Deli Counter Turkey Sandwich
- 9×13 baking sheet
- 1 whole grain bun
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1/4 pound sliced turkey
- 1/4 pound coleslaw prepared from the deli
- 1 slice swiss cheese
- 2 tablespoons catalina dressing I used Kraft Classic Catalina
- Apply butter to each side of the bun and place it face down on the baking sheet. Put 1/4 turkey on the sheet pan with the bun then add the sliced cheese on top.1 whole grain bun, 1 teaspoon butter, 1/4 pound sliced turkey, 1 slice swiss cheese
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.
- After the meat and buns are done baking, add the turkey to the bun, top with, coleslaw, and drizzle with dressing. Enjoy!1/4 pound coleslaw, 2 tablespoons catalina dressing
Tips for making this recipe:
- If you like the bun to be just slightly warmed you can butter and add it to the pan after the meat and cheese bake for 5 minutes.
- Since this is a one-person sandwich, there is no need to store this. Keep the ingredients separate before baking and assembling the sandwich.
This post was originally from March 2017-it and has been updated with photos & text.
*Affiliate links are included in this post. Please read my Discloser Policy.
Last Updated on July 17, 2022 by [email protected]