Want a ‘mostly’ homemade pizza that is full of flavor? Wonder what to do with extra pork that you have from a previous dinner? Have extra BBQ Sauce you want to find something to make with? Then this BBQ Pulled Pork Pizza is the recipe for you.
What movie pairs well with a saucy homemade pizza recipe and beer?
For this Mitten Movie Night we are watching The House. This movie has TWO of my favorite actors, Will Ferrell, and Amy Poehler. While I’m a bigger fan of Ferrell’s earlier work (Anchorman, etc.) I can NOT watch a movie he is in. No way, no how.
What beer pairs well with BBQ Pulled Pork Pizza?
The beer: Tasmanian Hatter from New Holland Brewing.
This IPA was made for rich BBQ sauce on top of tender pork and gooey cheese.
While I do like to make my own pizza crust sometimes when you have ingredients that are already fixed why not just go all in and grab a roll of pre-made crust from the store? There is no reason so that is what I did.
How to make BBQ Pulled Pork Pizza:
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
On a pan put parchment paper and spray some non-stick olive oil on it. Layout the crust then using a rolling pin roll it out so it reaches each edge.
Top the crust with BBQ Sauce. For this, I used my very own Best BBQ Sauce which is a vinegar/Memphis style.
Next layer the shredded Parmesan cheese, pulled pork, chopped red onions and then the shredded mozzarella.
Sprinkle with oregano to make it pretty.
Bake in the oven for 22 minutes until the edges are golden brown and the cheese is melted.
Slice it up into 15 pieces
How to make a BBQ Pulled Pork Pizza EVEN BETTER!
I happened to have a cup of bacon jam leftover from my PB&J Burger so I put 4 heaping spoonfuls on top of the mozzarella. If you do not have bacon jam you could easily add crumbled bacon to the top for that extra level of smoky flavor.
Then just for fun, let’s dip it into some ranch!
And here you are……
From our home in the Bottom Left of the Mitten to yours ~ Enjoy!
*Affiliate links are included in this post. Please read my Discloser Policy.
BBQ Pulled Pork Pizza
- 2 cup cooked pulled pork shredded
- 13.8 ounce packaged pizza crust
- 8 ounces mozzerella shredded cheese
- 1/2 cup parmesan shredded cheese
- 1 cup BBQ Sauce I used Memphis Style
- 1/2 cup chopped red onions
- 1 Tbs dried oregano
- 1 cup bacon jam or crumbled bacon optional
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- On a pan put parchment paper and spray some non-stick olive oil on it. Lay out the crust then using a rolling pin roll it out so it reaches each edge.
- Top the crust with BBQ Sauce. Next layer the shredded Parmesan cheese, pulled pork, chopped red onions and then the shredded mozzarella. Sprinkle with oregano.
- Add bacon jam or crumbled bacon if you like, it's optional.
- Bake in the oven for 22 minutes until the edges are golden brown and the cheese is melted. Slice it up into 15 pieces. Enjoy!
Last Updated on April 22, 2020 by [email protected]