These pork and bean nachos are going to become your new favorite way to eat nachos! Layers of tortilla chips, spicy pulled pork, and mild chili beans. Don’t forget to drizzle with buffalo sauce and sprinkle with cheese before baking.
I love dishes that are versatile and can be mixed up. Nachos are a perfect example of taking a blank canvas, the chip – and making it into something spectacular. Add beef, pork, or chicken. No meat at all. Loaded to the brim with toppings or simple with cheese and covered in some homemade salsa & sour cream. Let me introduce you to a new powerhouse nacho recipe, pork, and beans nachos.
- What beer pairs well with pulled chipotle pork on top of tortilla chips?
- What movie should you watch while eating a platter of nachos and drinking a cold beer?
- How to make chipotle shredded pork in the pressure cooker/Instant pot
- How to layer these pulled pork nachos with chili beans and buffalo sauce
- What to serve with nachos?
- More spicy recipes
- Pork and Bean Nachos
For years I made regular, plain ground beef nachos. Boring!! Sure they’re good but not ‘Next Level Nacho’ good, that was until I came across Smothered Beef Barbacoa Chimichangas from The Chunky Chef. I made this for dinner one night and fell in love with the meat that was used for this recipe. So I thought, what if I use this same sauce for pork & add it onto nachos? Well, it ended up very well as you can see.
“We’ve all invested emotionally in nachos.” – Conan O’Brien
What beer pairs well with pulled chipotle pork on top of tortilla chips?
The beer: Space Camper Major Volta Imperial IPA from Boulevard Brewing Co.
This beer is part of Boulevard Brewings Intergalactic Space Campers series. While I like to pair light beers with spicier meals, this medium-bodied fruity and hoppy beer gives you a warm feeling as you tuck into these nachos and pairs perfectly with the chipotle spiced pork.
What movie should you watch while eating a platter of nachos and drinking a cold beer?
For this Mitten Movie Night, let’s keep the space theme going and watch Space Balls! I am a HUGE John Candy fan so this movie choice was a no-brainer.
This one-of-a-kind nacho recipe has-
- Tortilla chips
- Tender pork cooked in chipotle salsa, beef broth, and seasonings
- Mild chili beans
- Buffalo sauce
- Shredded Mexican style cheese
- Toppings like avocado and sour cream
How to make chipotle shredded pork in the pressure cooker/Instant pot
Start by gathering the ingredients for the sauce that is going to be cooked in the pressure cooker/Instant Pot.
Add some olive oil into the bottom of the /pressure cooker/Instant pot and set it to ‘sautee’.
Brown the pork tenderloins on both sides.
Pour the chipotle salsa, beef stock, apple cider vinegar, and seasonings into the pot.
Make sure to seal it to ‘pressure’ on the lid and set it for ‘meat’ for 35 minutes. Let the pressure come up, and then let the pressure naturally release after 35 minutes. This process adds another approximate 15 minutes to the cooking time.
Remove the pork from the pot and add to a bowl.
Shred the meat with two forks.
Once the pork has cooked, pull it out of the cooker and shred it.
How to layer these pulled pork nachos with chili beans and buffalo sauce
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
First, on a 9×13 baking sheet add a piece of parchment paper.
Using parchment paper
I use parchment paper for any recipe that I don’t want to stick to pans. I go through about a roll of it a month because I use it so much. Using it makes cleanup a snap!
Next, layer the shredded pork.
Open the can of beans, then spoon over the beans and the sauce on top of the pork.
Pour the buffalo sauce over the top of the beans.
Finally, sprinkle the shredded cheese.
Now, put it in the oven and bake for 20 minutes.
What to serve with nachos?
I like to serve this with mashed avocado, a tomato and green onion salad, jalapenos, and sour cream. Fresh salsa or a dish like this skillet Mexican street corn from Miss in the Kitchen would go great with this too!
More spicy recipes
And here you are….
From our home in the Bottom Left of the Mitten to yours ~ Enjoy!
Pork and Bean Nachos
- pressure cooker/Instant pot
- 9×13 baking sheet
- parchment paper
Chipotle Pulled Pork
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 pounds pork tenderloins cut into smaller pieces
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 teaspoon cumin
- 2 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup beef stock
- 4 ounces chipotle salsa
Pork and Bean Nachos
- 1 bag tortilla chips
- 1 can chili beans
- 4 tablespoons buffalo sauce
- 8 ounces Mexican blend shredded cheese
- tomato, green onions, avocado, sour cream for topping
Chipotle Pork in the Instant Pot
- Add 1 teaspoon of olive oil into the bottom of the pressure cooker. Set to 'sautee'.1 teaspoon olive oil
- Brown the pork tenderloins on both sides.2 pounds pork tenderloins
- Pour the rest of the ingredients into the pot over the pork. Stir to combine the liquid.1/3 cup apple cider vinegar, 2 cloves garlic, 2 teaspoon cumin, 2 teaspoon oregano, 1 teaspoon black pepper, 1 teaspoon kosher salt, 1 cup beef stock, 4 ounces chipotle salsa
- Place the lid on top and set the vent to 'close'
- Set the pressure cooker/Instant pot to 'meat' for 35 minutes.
- Let the steam naturally release for up to 15 minutes.
- Remove the pork and shred with two forks.
Pork & Bean Nachos
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Add chips to a 9×13 baking sheet covered with parchment paper.1 bag tortilla chips
- Use tongs to cover the top of the chips with the shredded pork.
- Open the can of beans then spoon the beans and sauce over the top of the pork.1 can chili beans
- Pour the buffalo sauce evenly over the beans.4 tablespoons buffalo sauce
- Sprinkle on the shredded cheese8 ounces Mexican blend shredded cheese
- Put into the oven and bake for 20 minutes.
- Top as desired. Enjoy!tomato, green onions, avocado, sour cream
Tips for making this recipe:
- You can make this recipe in the crockpot/slow cooker. Use all the same ingredients, just set the crockpot/slow cooker for 4 hours minimum at a low setting.
- Whole pork tenderloins or a bone-in pork roast can be used, but check your appliance directions to check proper cooking times. I like using the smaller sliced tenderloin because it is easier to shred.
- Chipotle salsa is different than chipotle peppers in the sauce. Make sure to find the can marked ‘salsa’. You can use 2 whole chipotle peppers with sauce diced if you need a substitute.
Pork marinade adapted from The Chunky Chef
*Affiliate links are included in this post. Please read my Discloser Policy.
Last Updated on February 22, 2022 by [email protected]