A sweet chicken and corn filling is rolled up in and fried to crispy perfection.
Street Corn Taquitos make a great appetizer or dinner!
Has this Summer been busy! I have been doing so much around the house, we’ve been running around and I haven’t had much time to work on this little blog. Even sadder is it’s been weeks since I’ve celebrated Mitten Movie Night which is probably my favorite of all posts to do on the blog. So let’s rectify that right now and enjoy some Michigan craft beer and these Street Corn Taquitos.
What beer pairs well with Street Corn Taquitos?
The beer: Oval Beach Blonde from Saugatuck Brewing Company
Tonight I am pairing this dish with one of my favorite types of beer, a blonde. This pairs perfectly with the crispy tortillas, the bursts of sweet corn in the filling and the creaminess of the mayo.
What movie pairs well with street corn themed appetizers?
In anticipation of the upcoming Eclipse I want to watch a classic from the 80’s that always freaked me out, Night of the Comet. I know it’s not an eclipse but it is space related phenomena so close enough. Where are you planning on watching the eclipse? The boys and I are going to our local library where they are having a watching party. How exciting!
For the chicken, I cooked mine in the crock pot with some salt & pepper.
How to make shredded chicken?
To shred it I wanted to try something that I saw on Pinterest and guess what, it WORKED! Use a KitchenAid mixer to shred the chicken. I cut the chicken in half, put it into the mixing bowl and turned it on high. Less than 3 minutes later beautifully shredded chicken without the work. Genius!
How to make Street Corn Taquitos:
To the same bowl add the rest of the ingredients for the filling: mayo, cream cheese, sour cream, lime juice, corn, cilantro, cheese, and spices. Stir to combine.
Add enough oil to the bottom of the pan that it will fry these up around 1/2 cup. While the oil heats upstart assembling the taquitos. Place the filling along the longest end, not too much that it spills out. Roll it up.
Once the oil is heated up place the tortilla in seam side down. Fry for 2 minutes, then flip.
Fry for another 2 minutes then place on a plate lined with paper towels to drain.
Work the taquitos in batches of 2-3 depending on the size of your frying pan. Don’t overcrowd or they won’t fry properly.
Serve with sour cream, chopped tomatoes, and lettuce.
And here you are….
From our home in the Bottom Left of the Mitten to yours ~ Enjoy!
*Affiliate links are included in this post. Please read my Discloser Policy.
Street Corn Taquitos
- 12 corn tortillas
- 1 medium chicken breast cooked and shredded
- 3 Tbs mayonnaise
- 1 Tbs sour cream
- 2 Tbs cream cheese
- 2 Tbs lime juice
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 Tbs jalapenos chopped
- 1 Tbs cilantro chopped
- 1/2 cup mexican style cheese
- 1 cup sweet corn
- 1/2 tsp garlic powders
- oil for frying
- Cook the chicken breast then shred it to make small pieces. (Try the KitchenAid mixer!)
- To a bowl with the chicken in it add the rest of the ingredients for the filling: mayo, cream cheese, sour cream, lime juice, corn, cilantro, cheese and spices. Stir to combine.
- Add enough oil to the bottom of the pan that it will fry these up around 1/2 cup. While the oil heats up start assembling the taquitos.
- Place the filling along the longest end, not too much that it spills out. Roll the it up.
- Once the oil is heated up place the tortilla in seam side down. Fry for 2 minutes, then flip. Fry for another 2 minutes then place on a plate lined with paper towels to drain.
- Work the taquitos in batches of 2-3 depending on the size of your frying pan.
- Serve with sour cream, chopped tomatoes and lettuce. Enjoy!