Looking for romantic meals for two that won’t take you all day to make? Try my shrimp cannelloni which has a shortcut so you can spend more time with your love and not in the kitchen.
The inspiration for these came after watching one of my favorite shows Diner, Drive-In’s & Dives. They were at a restaurant where they made cannelloni and instead of spending all the time stuffing the tubes they used egg roll wrappers instead. Genius!
For the seafood filling in this Shrimp Cannelloni, they used a food processor to chop everything up. Also genius! So let’s get to it.
This easy seafood cannelloni recipe has-
- Egg roll wrappers to wrap the filling
- Seafood filling made with cooked shrimp, garlic, parsley, sundried tomatoes, ricotta cheese, and Italian shredded cheese
- Simple alfredo sauce made with butter, flour for thickening, milk, and parmesan cheese
- More cheese for topping
How to make shrimp cannelloni step-by-step
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
Start by thawing out the shrimp.
I used cocktail already cooked shrimp to make quick work of this and then I have shrimp leftover for tacos and salads.
In a food processor place the shrimp (keep out a small handful to add into the Alfredo sauce at the end), sundried tomatoes, garlic cloves, and parsley. Process until all the has been combined.
Take the mixture and place it in a bowl, then add the ricotta cheese and Italian cheese. Mix all together. The mixture should be well combined to make it easy to spread onto the egg roll wrappers.
Now start the Alfredo sauce. Melt the butter in a saucepan, and once melted add the flour, and make a roux. Now add the milk, the whole shrimp that was set aside, and the Parmesan cheese.
Stir to completely combine and it thickens up. Grease a baking dish (any size works) and spread 1/2 of the Alfredo into the bottom of the pan.
Now time to wrap the ‘Cannelloni’. Take the shrimp and ricotta mixture into 6 servings. Layout each egg roll wrapper and spread the filling in the middle.
Fold over the top edges over the filling then one end over the filling and finally roll it up.
Place into the dish seam side down. Lastly, cover with the rest of the Alfredo sauce and the last 1/4 cup of Italian cheese and chopped parsley.
Put in the oven and bake for 30 minutes.
Tips & Variations
- If you do not have a food processor, just finely chop the shrimp as well as possible with a knife.
- Make your own easy homemade egg roll wrappers with this recipe from The Typical Mom.
More shrimp recipes
And here you are…..
From our home in the Bottom Left of the Mitten to yours ~ Enjoy!
- food processor
- 9×13 baking dish
- 6 egg roll wrappers, premade
- 1 cup cooked shrimp, thawed
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup parsley
- 1 ounce sundried tomatoes
- 1/2 cup whole milk ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup italian shredded cheese split
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- Start by thawing out the shrimp.1 cup cooked shrimp, thawed
- In a food processor place the shrimp (keep out a small handful to add into the Alfredo sauce at the end), sundried tomatoes, garlic cloves, and parsley. Process until all the has been combined.2 garlic cloves, 1 ounce sundried tomatoes, 1/2 cup parsley
- Take the mixture and place it in a bowl then add the ricotta cheese and Italian cheese. Mix all together.1/2 cup whole milk ricotta cheese, 1/2 cup italian shredded cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a baking dish that has been greased spread 1/2 of the Alfredo into the bottom of the pan.
- Take the shrimp and ricotta mixture into 6 servings. Lay out each egg roll wrapper and spread the filling in the middle. Fold over the top edges over the filling then one end over the filling and finally roll it up. Place into the dish seam side down.6 egg roll wrappers, premade
- Lastly cover with the rest of the Alfredo sauce and the last 1/4 cup of Italian cheese.
- Put in the oven and bake for 30 minutes. Enjoy!
- Start by melting the butter in a saucepan once melted add the flour and make a roux. Now add the milk, the whole shrimp that was set aside, and the Parmesan cheese. Stir to completely combine and it thickens up.2 tablespoons butter, 1 tablespoon flour, 1 cup milk, 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
Tips for making this recipe:
- No food processor, no problem. The mixture should be well combined to make it easy to spread onto the egg roll wrappers. If you do not have a food processor, just make sure to chop up the ingredients as finely as possible.
- To store: add to a covered container and eat within 3 days. Reheat in the microwave.
Originally published in February of 2018. Updated photos & recipe May of 2020.
*Affiliate links are included in this post. Please read my Discloser Policy.
Last Updated on July 25, 2022 by [email protected]
This sounds like my kind of meal. Great idea about using the wonton wrappers.
Thank you so much Wendy! The wrappers did work out great.
I love the flavors going on in here. Using precooked salad shrimp sounds like a great short cut too!
Thank you Cindy! Yes, makes it a really quick prep.
Pasta is always a great go to and shrimp works so well with it.
It really is, love past! Thank you Laura.
Wow, the filling sounds amazing! I haven’t made cannelloni in years, but your easy version has me thinking it needs to be on our menu ASAP!
I always stayed away from it even thought I love it but this shortcut does make it manageable any night of the week. Thanks so much Liz!
Made this recipe last night and it was absolutely scrumptious! This was simple but tasted like something you’d get at a high end Italian restaurant! The egg roll wrappers worked brilliantly and I will use for other cannoli – like ideas. Just a couple things you might think to add to recipe…add egg roll wrappers to the ingredient list and when adding the first portion of cheese to the shrimp ricotta mixture mention to use only half…read later to top with other half but I’d already put the half cup in mixture (which I’d probably do again—can never get too much cheese!) but then just added more to top before baking. Thanks for this excellent recipe!
Thank you so much Wendy! I’m glad you enjoyed it and thank you for the tips from cooking it-I appreciate it. Have a great day.
What is nutritional info including sodium?
Since I do not provide nutrition information on my recipes, I used VeryWell.com to analyze this recipe so this may not be 100% accurate, but it is the best depiction of general nutrition information for this recipe.
Amount per serving
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 26g 33%
Saturated Fat 15.1g 75%
Cholesterol 137mg 46%
Sodium 1489mg 65%
Total Carbohydrate 78.4g 28%
Dietary Fiber 4.1g 15%
Total Sugars 11.2g
Vitamin D 9mcg 43%
Calcium 618mg 48%
Iron 7mg 41%
Potassium 896mg 19%
*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
The recipe analyzed by VeryWell.com