This shrimp scampi naan pizza has the best of both worlds. Shrimp in lemony garlic butter is added to the top of soft naan bread and then baked with tomatoes and two kinds of cheese. A combination that was meant to be.
This naan pizza recipe is the perfect meal for two or an appetizer. Pair it with a sweet-tasting strawberry-based beer and this could make the perfect date night or girl’s get-together dinner idea.
I decided to make this recipe without tomato sauce. Brushing the scampi butter garlic sauce on the bread, then drizzling the rest on the top gives this pizza using naan bread those drool-worthy butter pools.
What beer pairs well with shrimp scampi naan pizza?
The beer: Strawberry Blonde from Shiner
At first, I was skeptical of this beer with strawberry in it. I find that sometimes a fruit-flavored beer, even if it’s a blonde, can go sideways and taste like cough medicine real quick. But that was not the case with this one. It was the perfect pairing for this pizza.
What should you watch on pizza night?
Outer Range on Prime video is so good. If you don’t come for the story, come for the music. It’s a whole mood. Twin Peaks vibes.
What goes into making this shrimp pizza?
- Frozen salad shrimp that has been thawed out. Using pre-cooked shrimp is the perfect shortcut for making this quick pizza recipe.
- A sauce made with olive oil, butter, chicken stock, and garlic. I went with a sauce that you would typically find in a shrimp scampi linguini.
- Lemon juice. Lemon is the key to a tart flavor that goes perfectly with seafood.
- Parsley and red pepper flakes.
- Soft Naan bread. Naan bread is a great alternative to traditional crust for pizza.
- Diced cherry tomatoes. While I don’t believe you always need tomatoes on pizza, whether in the sauce on on the top, it was a great addition to this one.
- Parmesan and mozzarella cheese. Two kinds of cheese meld and melt perfectly together.
Visit YouTube for a video of how to make this Shrimp Scampi Pizza
How to make shrimp scampi naan pizza step-by-step
In a skillet over medium heat, add the olive oil and butter stirring until the butter is melted.
Add the garlic to the pan and saute for 2 minutes.
Take the thawed shrimp and add that and the chicken broth to the pan. Let simmer for another 2 minutes.
Turn off the heat. Squeeze in the juice of a lemon.
Finish by adding the dried parsley and red pepper flakes.
Don’t let the liquid reduce in this recipe because you will want the extra for brushing the top and pouring over the cheese.
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
Add both pieces of naan bread to a 9×13 baking sheet covered in parchment paper.
Using a basting brush, take the melted butter mixture and brush it on both pieces of bread.
Sprinkle with parmesan and mozzarella cheese.
Spoon the cooked shrimp onto the naan bread, splitting between both.
Slice cherry tomatoes and place them evenly over the tops of the pizza.
Drizzle both with the rest of the garlic butter on top.
Place in the oven and bake for 8 minutes.
Tips & Variations
- I prefer to use frozen cooked shrimp in this recipe, but you can certainly use fresh shrimp for this recipe.
- This recipe was made without wine, but you can replace the chicken broth with white wine instead.
Add any leftovers to a covered container and refrigerate. Eat within 3 days. Reheat in the oven or air fryer. I would not recommend reheating this in the microwave or freezing this recipe.
More recipes with shrimp
Cut each pizza into 4 slices. And here you are……
From our home in the Bottom Left of the Mitten to yours ~ Enjoy!
Shrimp Scampi Naan Pizza
- 9×13 baking sheet
- parchment paper
- medium sautee pan
- 4 ounces ready-to-eat salad shrimp thawed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons garlic minced
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoons dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- juice of a lemon
- 2 pack Naan original
- 1/4 cup parmesan shredded
- 1/2 cup mozzarella shredded
- 1/4 cup cherry tomatoes diced
- Thaw the frozen shrimp.
- Add olive oil and butter to a saute pan. Melt the butter.2 tablespoons olive oil, 4 tablespoons butter
- Spoon in the minced garlic. Sautee for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.2 teaspoons garlic
- Toss in the thawed shrimp and chicken broth. Cook for 2 minutes.4 ounces ready-to-eat salad shrimp, 1/4 cup chicken broth
- Turn off the heat and add the juice of a lemon.juice of a lemon
- Add the dried parsley and red pepper flakes.1 tablespoons dried parsley, 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Place both pieces of bread onto a parchment-lined 9×13 baking sheet.2 pack Naan original
- Brush the butter mixture over the top of the bread.
- Sprinkle with parmesan and mozzarella cheese.1/4 cup parmesan, 1/2 cup mozzarella
- Scoop the shrimp over the bread.
- Add the diced cherry tomatoes over both pizzas.1/4 cup cherry tomatoes
- Drizzle the remaining butter mixture over both pizzas.
- Bake for 8 minutes.
- Cut each pizza into 4 slices. Enjoy!
Tips for making this recipe:
- If you use fresh shrimp, make sure that the internal temperate reaches 145-degrees.
- To store: add to a covered container and eat within 3 days. Reheat in the oven or in the air fryer. I would not recommend reheating in the microwave.
Shrimp Scampi recipe adapted from Cafe Delites
*Affiliate links are included in this post. Please read my Discloser Policy.
Last Updated on March 24, 2023 by Erin@BottomLeftoftheMitten