Say goodbye to boring pieces of bread with uninspiring meats on them! This hot roast beef sandwich has roast beef, bacon, onions, and mushrooms loaded on sub sandwich buns. Don’t forget the chunky blue cheese sauce!
When I was thinking of what type of sandwich to this Mitten Movie Night, I decided to make it these quick hot roast beef sandwiches. Heat up the roast beef in a saute pan with cooked mushrooms, onions, and crispy bacon. Then finally, let’s slather a creamy blue cheese sauce on it.
What beer pairs well with a roast beef sandwiches?
The beer: Laughing Fish from Upper Hand Brewery.
The beefy concoction will pair perfectly with this refreshing summer brew. This beer is the light-bodied wheat ale and the perfect contrast to all the beef and tangy blue cheese in this. I may even say that I hit this combination out of the park!
What movie pairs well with a sandwich and summer ale?
For the movie recommendation, I HIGHLY suggest Father of the Year. Who doesn’t love Adam Sandler movies? David Spade returns to a little bit of Joe Dirt‘s character which made this movie too funny! So now on to the roast beef sandwich recipe.
This recipe for roast beef sandwiches with blue cheese dressing has-
- Soft sandwich buns, preferably from the bakery and not the bread isle
- Crispy cooked bacon
- Roast beef from the deli, that’s what makes this recipe so easy
- Mushrooms and onions
- As easy blue cheese dressing with mayonnaise
How to make this recipe
First, start by dicing the bacon and adding it to a frying pan. over medium-high heat. I like bacon very crisp so I cooked it for about 10 minutes stirring occasionally so that all the pieces are cooked well.
Once the bacon is done remove it from the pan and put it on a plate with paper towels to allow it to drain.
Remove all the grease in the pan from the bacon reserving about 1-2 tsp.
Add 1 Tbs of butter to that (this is not very diet-friendly if you can’t tell), then add the sliced mushrooms and onions.
Let them cook down for about 5 minutes.
Take roast beef sandwich meat that has been already cooked and slice it into long strips.
Add the roast beef to the cooked mushrooms and onions. Cook through to heat the beef, about 5 minutes.
Crumble the bacon and add to the pan.
Make the sauce by mixing the blue cheese, mayonnaise, and horseradish sauce together.
Serve on sub buns with lettuce and tomatoes to put on top of the sandwiches.
Can you use leftover roast for this recipe?
Yes. Just substitute the cooked roast for the deli meat in this recipe.
Side dishes to serve with a roast beef sandwich
And here you are…..
From our home in the Bottom Left of the Mitten to yours ~ Enjoy!
Roast Beef Sandwich
- frying pan
- 6 sub sandwich buns
- 1 pound bacon
- 1 pound cooked roast beef from the deli area
- 8 ounces white mushrooms cleaned and sliced
- 1 large yellow onion chopped
- 1-1/2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 1/4 cup horseradish sauce
- 1/4 cup blue cheese crumbles
- lettuce and tomato for topping
- Dice and cook the bacon for about 10 minutes. Stirring occasionally to prevent burning.1 pound bacon
- Once the bacon is done, remove it from the pan and put it on a plate with paper towels to allow it to drain. Remove all the grease in the pan from the bacon, reserving about 1-2 tsp.
- Add 1 Tbs of butter to the pan, and then add the sliced mushrooms and onions. Let those cook down for about 5 minutes.8 ounces white mushrooms, 1-1/2 tablespoons butter, 1 large yellow onion
- Cut the roast beef into long slices, then add to the pan and cook for 5 minutes.1 pound cooked roast beef
- For the sauce, mix the blue cheese, mayonnaise, and horseradish sauce together in a bowl.1/2 cup mayo, 1/4 cup horseradish sauce, 1/4 cup blue cheese crumbles
- Crumble the bacon and add to the cooked roast beef.
- Serve on sub buns with lettuce, tomatoes, and the blue cheese sauce. Enjoy!6 sub sandwich buns, lettuce and tomato for topping
Originally published in July of 2018. Updated post in October of 2021 with new photos, and some slight adjustments made to the recipe (using buns instead of Italian bread).
*Affiliate links are included in this post. Please read my Discloser Policy.
Last Updated on February 22, 2022 by [email protected]