Join the spicy life with this spicy tortilla pizza with chipotle ranch. Layers of flour tortilla, seasoned ground beef, and homemade chipotle ranch sauce baked to crispy perfection.
One of my favorite things to do this year was visit Muskegon for the Burning Foot Beer Festival. This is the 2nd one I’ve been to which my husband and I attend with my brother and dad. It was a great time, and after a few hours in the sun and many samples of beer, we headed downtown for some food.
We decide to visit Pigeon Hill Brewing and ordered what my dad, who lives in Muskegon, swore is the best item off the menu from the restaurant next door – the Taco Pizza. It was so good, but specifically what made it good was the chipotle ranch sauce that was on it.
After several pieces, I figured it would be easy enough that I can recreate the recipe for this chipotle ranch at home. While the original tortilla pizza that I am basing this on didn’t have a top layer, I decided to add a second flour tortilla on top to pay homage to a Mexican pizza.
This tortilla pizza with homemade spicy ranch has-
- Seasoned lean ground beef with spices. For the simple tortilla pizza beef filling.
- Burrito-style flour tortillas, the bigger the better. That way you will get good-sized slices of ‘pizza’.
- Sour cream and mayonnaise mixed with spices, fresh parsley, and whole chipotle peppers mixed together to make the creamy chipotle ranch sauce.
- Shredded sharp cheddar cheese, tomatoes, and green onions for the topping.
What beer pairs well with this easy tortilla pizza?
The beer: Blood Orange Blonde from Haymarket Beer Co.
I picked this beer up solely because it was blonde. This beer did not disappoint at all and I have a feeling it’s one I will be picking up again. The blood orange was perfectly incorporated and a nice way to balance out the heat of the chipotle in this recipe.
Scary movie suggestions for the beginning of fall
While I am both a horror movie and scary book fan all year long, once autumn starts it’s pretty much all I want to invest my time in. So here are my favorite spine-chilling movies to watch:
- The Babadook
- House of 1000 Corpses
- And it does not matter how many times I watch it, because I do at least once a year, The Blair Witch Project
Visit YouTube for a video on how to make
this Tortilla Pizza
How to make this recipe for tortilla pizza recipe step-by-step
For the easy chipotle ranch recipe-
Add all of the ingredients to the bowl of a food processor and pulse until smooth.
The consistency will be slightly thin because of the vinegar and lemon juice used.
This chipotle ranch is spicy. If this is the first time using this type of pepper, you may want to add one pepper at a time and then taste it before adding the second pepper to the dressing.
For the filling, I use almost the same ground beef and seasoning mixture as I do in my Four B’s Tostadas. Take one pound of ground beef, cook until no longer pink, drain the grease then add a mix of seasonings.
This recipe makes two individual pizzas. On two pizza pans, place some parchment paper down then two of the tortillas. Bake in a preheated 375 degrees oven for 5 minutes.
It’s important to bake the tortillas in the oven before adding the ranch sauce so that it doesn’t get soggy.
Remove the pans then add half of the chipotle ranch to one pizza, then repeat with the next one.
Add half the ground beef on top of the dressing. Then repeat with the second pizza.
Top with the tortillas, then sprinkle with the shredded cheese, chopped tomatoes, and diced green onions.
Bake both pizzas in the 375 degrees oven for 15 minutes.
Cut each individual tortilla pizza into 4 sections. Serve with a side of sour cream and a cold beer.
Can corn tortillas be used instead of flour tortillas in this recipe?
No. The idea of a Mexican pizza is to eat it like a pizza and a corn tortilla will not hold when trying to eat it in that manner.
Are low-carb tortillas an option for this recipe?
Yes, I have made this with Carb Balance tortillas and they worked just as well as traditional flour tortillas.
Take any leftovers and place them in a covered container and refrigerate. Reheat in the oven on a baking sheet or air fryer at 375 degrees for 10 minutes.
It is not recommended to freeze this recipe.
More pizza recipes
And here you are…..
From our home in the Bottom Left of the Mitten to yours ~ Enjoy!
Tortilla Pizza with Chipotle Ranch
- two 9" pizza pans
- parchment paper
- food processor
- 4 burrito sized flour tortillas two tortillas per pizza
- 4 ounces sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 pound ground hamburger
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Spanish paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- chopped tomato and green onions
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 1 bunch parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 whole chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- On two pizza pans, add parchment paper and one tortilla to each pan.4 burrito sized flour tortillas
- Place in the oven and bake for 5 minutes.
- While the tortillas bake, cook the ground beef until no longer pink. Remove and drain grease.1 pound ground hamburger
- Add the ground beef back to the pan and add the seasonings.1/2 teaspoon garlic powder, 1/2 teaspoon onion powder, 1/2 teaspoon chili powder, 1/2 teaspoon Spanish paprika, 1/2 teaspoon seasoning salt, 1/4 teaspoon cumin, 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Remove the baked tortilla and layer the sauce, ground beef, and second tortilla.
- Sprinkle the top of the tortilla with shredded cheese, chopped tomatoes, and green onions.4 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, chopped tomato and green onions
- Repeat with the second pizza.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Cut into four slices. Enjoy!
- In a food processor, add the ingredients.1/2 cup sour cream, 1/4 cup mayonnaise, 2 teaspoons lemon juice, 2 cloves garlic minced, 1/2 teaspoon onion powder, 1 teaspoon vinegar, 1 bunch parsley, salt and pepper to taste, 2 whole chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- Pulse to chop the parsley and mix all the ingredients together.
Tips for making this recipe:
- If you haven’t had chipotles before, start by adding one pepper at a time to the ranch dressing base so you can adjust the heat to your liking.
- To store: add to a covered container and refrigerate. Eat within 3 days. Reheat in the oven or air fryer on a baking sheet at 375 degrees for 10 minutes.
Recipe inspiration from Topshelf Pizza & Pub in Muskego, Michigan
*Affiliate links are included in this post. Please read my Discloser Policy.
Last Updated on April 26, 2023 by [email protected]
This lunch was so delicious! I love that this easy recipe came together with common ingredients I had on hand in the fridge and pantry.
Wonderful! I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed it Denay.
This is such a fun snack! The chipotle ranch really made these something special, and I love how crisp the tortillas turned out.
Thank you so much, Amanda! the chipotle ranch is one of my favorites too.
Oh man I feel like you combined all my favorite things in one tortilla…yes please!! Making for dinner ASAP!
I hope you enjoy it Heather! Thank you.
This is absolutely delicious! I love that it’s such a crowd pleaser for the whole family.
Thank you very much, Shadi! They sure are great for parties too.
My kids loved these! Thanks so much for sharing!!
Thank you so much, Kristen! So happy the kiddos enjoyed this recipe.