Four B’s tostadas have crunchy tortillas getting the 4 B’s treatment: beef, beans, blue cheese & buffalo sauce then cooling it down a little with some creamy ranch dressing. A bold combination packed with tons of flavor.
Tonight for Mitten Movie Night we’re getting spicy. Take flour tortillas and fry them, creamy refried beans, seasoned ground beef, chunky blue cheese, ranch, then BAM drizzles of spicy buffalo sauce.
If you’ve got 20 minutes, you’ve got time to make these tostadas.
What beer pairs well with Four B’s Tostadas?
The beer: Corona Extra with lime.
Not only does Corona pair well with Mexican-inspired dishes, but it’s also great to keep on hand for cooking. Pale ales are light to taste and go well in everything from beer bread to bases for stews.
What movie pairs well with tostadas and Cervezas?
For the movie, we are watching The Nice Guys. Ryan Gosling? Yes, please!
The ingredients for this recipe and why they work so well together
- Fried corn tortillas. You can either follow the directions for frying your own tortillas to make the tostada base, or you can use pre-made ones found at the grocery store.
- Seasoned ground beef. Cook the beef with a simple seasoning mix.
- Refried beans. Adds a creamy bean layer to this recipe.
- Blue cheese and buffalo sauce. The combination of flavors adds spice and the distinct flavor that makes blue cheese so good.
- Ranch dressing or sour cream. Just a little something extra to cool things down.
- Tomatoes for additional topping.
How to make Four B’s tostadas step-by-step
On the stove add ground beef, garlic powder, chili powder, seasoning salt, and cumin. Cook beef all the way through.
Add a colander to a bowl and spoon the ground beef into it and let drain.
Add your refried beans to a microwave-safe dish and heat for 3 minutes to warm them up. Once your beef and beans are cooked, make the tostadas.
In a small pan add oil for frying. Heat the oil up for 2-3 minutes. When the oil is heated use tongs to add tortillas to the pan.
Fry one tortilla at a time for 2 minutes on each side. Set up a plate with paper towels next to the pan to put the tostadas on once they are cooked.
When the tortillas are cooked, it’s as simple as setting up an assembly line. Take the crispy (oh so good!) tostadas top them with beans, seasoned beef, and blue cheese, and then drizzle with buffalo sauce and ranch to cool it off.
Serve with tomatoes, green olives, lettuce, sour cream, and a rice dish on the side.
Tips & Variations
- If you do not have time to make the tostadas, you can buy already-made ones at the store.
- Substitute ground or shredded chicken for the beef.
- Make your own homemade buffalo sauce with this recipe from The Recipe Critic.
And here you are…..
From our home in the Bottom Left of the Mitten to yours ~ Enjoy!
Four B’s Tostadas
- sautee pan
- 8 corn tortillas
- 1 16 ounce can refried beans
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 cup oil for frying
- 1/2 cup blue cheese
- 1/4 cup buffalo sauce
- 1/4 cup ranch dressing
- On the stove add ground beef, garlic powder, chili powder, seasoning salt, and cumin. Cook beef all the way through.1 pound ground beef, 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder, 1/2 teaspoon seasoning salt, 1/2 teaspoon chili powder, 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- Add a colander to a bowl and spoon the ground beef into it and let drain.
- Add your refried beans to a microwave-safe dish and heat for 3 minutes to warm them up.1 16 ounce can refried beans
- In a small pan add oil for frying. Heat the oil up for 2-3 minutes. When the oil is heated use tongs to add tortillas to the pan. Fry one tortilla at a time for 2 minutes on each side. Set up a plate with paper towels next to the pan to put the tostadas on once they are cooked.8 corn tortillas, 1/4 cup oil for frying
- Assemble the tostadas with beans, seasoned beef, and blue cheese, and then drizzle with buffalo sauce and ranch.1/2 cup blue cheese, 1/4 cup buffalo sauce, 1/4 cup ranch dressing
- Serve with tomatoes, green olives, lettuce, sour cream, and a rice dish on the side
Tips for making this recipe:
- Make sure to drain the grease from the ground beef before using it in this recipe so that it doesn’t make the tostada soggy.
- To store: add the ingredients in separate bowls and reheat each component separately before building the tostada.
Originally published in September of 2016. Updated photos & recipe in June of 2020 same great recipe.
*Affiliate links are included in this post. Please read my Discloser Policy.
Last Updated on October 11, 2022 by Erin@BottomLeftoftheMitten