Out of a Can Chili #SundaySupper
Happy Father’s Day! When I asked my husband what he would like me to make him he said I like nachos, maybe something on the smoker or chili. No matter what time of year chili is always a hit at our house so chili won out, even on Father’s Day. My Out of a Can Chili is so easy if you couldn’t already tell that the name gives it all away.
I have tried dozens of chili recipes over the years. Even one with pumpkin that did not go over well at all with my 10 year old. Some were great but my boys love this original recipe that I’ve made forever. Like my My Dad’s Chicken and Rice recipe this one I learned from a parent, my mom.
The base of my chili always stayed the same and has been forever. It’s the recipe my mom showed me and I haven’t veered from it. One can chili with beans, one can chili without beans and finally one can of chili beans.
For the rest of the chili I have perfected it over the years and added one can tomato soup, one can diced tomatoes and one can drained northern beans. Do you see now why this is called ‘Out of a Can Chili’? Start by cooking the hamburger and onion. Cook in a large pot on medium/high heat for around 5 minutes. Drain if you use the higher fat beef. I like to use 80/20 or even ground turkey. Return the meat to the same pot. No need to dirty another one!
Add all the cans to the pot. Make sure to drain and wash the northern beans then add those. Put a lid on it and let simmer for 10 minutes. Serve with sharp cheddar cheese and crackers. And here you are…..
From our home in the Bottom Left of the Mitten to yours ~ Enjoy!
As always thank you to our Sunday Supper host! Check out these other recipes the Father in your life will be sure to love.
Sunday Supper Father’s Day Menu Ideas
Sides Dad Will Love
Mains for the Main Man
- Blue Cheese Bacon Burger with Crispy Onions Strings by Confessions of a Cooking Diva
- Chicken Fajita Burgers by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Chili Cheese Omelet by Food Lust People Love
- Chinese Chicken Salad by Pies and Plots
- Cider Braised Pork Belly Tacos by Gourmet Everyday
- Crock Pot Italian Beef Sandwiches by Soulfully Made
- Grilled Pork Tenderloin with Cilantro Pesto by Cooking Chat
- Jalapeno Cream Cheese Burger (The JCB) by This is How I Cook
- Korean BBQ Steak Bowls by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Out of a Can Chili by Bottom Left of the Mitten
- Pork Chops With Brandied Cherries by Mysavoryspoon
Dad’s Favorite Desserts
- Banana Coconut Chocolate Chip Brownies by Desserts Required
- Chocolate Tofu Cupcakes by NinjaBaker.com
- Devil’s Food Strawberry Shortcake by The Freshman Cook
- Simple Fudgy Brownies by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Snickery Springform Cookie by What Smells So Good?
The Best Recipes You Need Now for Father’s Day by Sunday Supper Movement
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.