This Tuscan quiche starts with a crispy crust and a savory Tuscan filling made easier by using Rustic Tuscan BLENDABELLA.
A quiche is always a great choice for breakfast or brunch!
Who doesn’t love a quick & easy breakfast? I know I do. Quiche is one of my all-time favorite dishes to turn to when I’m wondering what to make. Need a nice breakfast for the weekend? Make a quiche! Need to make a weeks worth of breakfast for easy weekday mornings? Make a quiche!
What makes a quiche such a great breakfast?
One word: versatility.
While I kept this quiche simple, the flavor combinations are endless especially when you are using BLENDABELLA Portabella Mushroom Blends. Start with the basic recipe of crust, milk, and eggs then create away! Here are a few examples:
- For this Tuscan Quiche, add some sweet Italian sausage to the mix.
- Use Zesty Mexican BLENDABELLA to make a southwest quiche with chorizo and Swiss cheese.
- Coconut Thai BLENDABELLA would make a great seafood quiche with cooked shrimp and a smoky mozzarella.
How to make the perfect Tuscan Quiche with BLENDABELLA:
Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees. In a greased 8-inch pie plate add a thawed, prepared pie crust. In a bowl whisk together the eggs, milk and BLENDABELLA Rustic Tuscan Portabella Mushroom Blend.
To the mixture add the cheese. Pour into the pie crust. Add the pie plate to a larger baking sheet in case it overflows (it shouldn’t but it doesn’t hurt to be prepared). Bake for 40 minutes.
Test the quiche with a toothpick or knife to make sure it comes out clean. Let the quiche cool for 10 minutes. Cut into eight pieces and here you are…..
For more information on BLENDABELLA visit their site or follow on social media:
From our home in the Bottom Left of the Mitten to yours ~ Enjoy!
- 1 8-inch pie shell
- 6 eggs, large
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup BLENDABELLA Rustic Tuscan Portabella Mushroom Blend
- 4 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 4 ounces tripe cheddar cheese, shredded
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a greased 8-inch pie plate add a thawed, prepared pie crust.
- In a bowl whisk together the eggs, milk and BLENDABELLA Rustic Tuscan Portabella Mushroom Blend.
- To the mixture add the cheese. Pour into the pie crust. Add the pie plate to a larger baking sheet.
- Bake for 40 minutes.
- Test the quiche with a toothpick or knife to make sure it comes out clean. Let the quiche cool for 10 minutes.
- Cut into eight pieces. Enjoy!