Layers of egg noodles, crispy chicken, spaghetti sauce, and loads of cheese. Chicken Parmesan is a great go-to for busy weeknights.
I can’t believe we are already talking about Back To School! If your house is like my house, back to school also means back to sports. Busy weeknights of homework and practice call for a meal that can pull double duty-one night dinner, tomorrow leftovers, or freezing half for dinner when dirtying dishes is the last thing you want to do.
This week I have been seeing TONS of back-to-school pics because we live very close to Indiana who starts right now. I’m saying to myself, ‘We still have 4 weeks!’.
Did you know that in Michigan it is the law you cannot start until after Labor Day? Some schools are starting to challenge it and getting waivers but for us, I am so glad that it’s that way. I really feel like it gives kids time to enjoy more of the warmer months. We are getting ready though because it will be here soon enough.
So as I mentioned above, this Chicken Parmesan Casserole is a great meal because it makes TONS, is easy to freeze and can be made ahead placed in the refrigerator then popped into the oven later in the evening or even the next day. Take the guesswork out of dinner and add this to your dinner rotation ASAP!
How to make Chicken Parmesan:
Start to cook the egg noodles according to package directions.
Where can you find frozen egg noodles at the grocery store?
Look for egg noodles in your grocer’s freezer section, next to the frozen ravioli and tortellini. A common brand is Reames®.
Grease a 9×13 pan then cover the bottom with some of the spaghetti sauce.
While the noodles cook, chop the chicken into bite-sized pieces.
Heat up oil in the pan and get ready to fry the chicken. On a plate add the bread crumbs, flour, and parmesan cheese.
Once the oil is heated, take the chicken and dredge in the chicken parmesan breading mixture, then add to the hot oil.
Fry chicken for 5-6 minutes on each side until thoroughly cooked through and super crisp.
Both the noodles and the chicken should take around 15-20 minutes to finish.
Drain the noodles and now it’s time to layer. One layer noodles, one layer chicken, one layer cheese, one layer sauce.
Do it one more time then top with the remaining cheese.
Sprinkle the top of the casserole with garlic powder and parsley for added flavor. This is great on top of pizza too.
Bake at 375 degrees for 15 minutes. And here you are…..
From our home in the Bottom Left of the Mitten to yours ~ Enjoy!
- 9x13 casserole dish
- frying pan
- large stockpot
- 16 ounce bag egg noodles, frozen cooked to package directions
- 2 small chicken breasts cut into small pieces
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp dried parsley
- 1/4 cup parmesan
- 3 Tbs olive oil
- 8 ounces shredded italian style cheese blend
- 1 jar spaghetti sauce
- Grease a 9x13 pan, then cover the bottom with some of the spaghetti sauce.
- Cook the egg noodles according to package directions.
- While they cook chop the chicken into bite-sized pieces. Heat up oil in the pan and get ready to fry the chicken.
- On a plate, add the bread crumbs, flour, and parmesan cheese. Once the oil is heated, take the chicken and dredge in the crumb mixture, then add to the hot oil.
- Fry chicken for 5-6 minutes on each side until thoroughly cooked through and super crisp.
- Drain the noodles, and now it's time to layer the casserole. One layer noodles, one layer chicken, one layer cheese, one layer sauce.
- Do it one more time, then top with the remaining cheese.
- Sprinkle with garlic powder and parsley.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 15 minutes.
Originally published in August of 2017. Updated post in July of 2021 with new photos, same great recipe.
*Affiliate links are included in this post. Please read my Discloser Policy.
Back to School Dinners
Beef and Pork
- Bacon Cheeseburger Zucchini Boats by The Crumby Kitchen
- Beef and Sweet Potato Stew by What Smells So Good?
- Easy Meatloaf Meatballs by Palatable Pastime
- Mexican Lasagna with Corn Tortillas by Sunday Supper Movement
- One Dish Taco Goulash by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Pierogi with Sausage and Peppers by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Pot Roast with Mushrooms, Tomatoes and Red Wine by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
Pasta, Soups, Rice and Stews
- Casimer Rice by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Dad’s Glop by My Blissful Mess
- Homemade Lasagna by Soulfully Made
- Kid-friendly Salmon Curry by Caroline’s Cooking
- Salmon with Pappardelle and a Brandy Cream Sauce by Mysavoryspoon
- Slow Cooker Stuffed Pepper Soup by Books n’ Cooks
- Chicken Enchiladas by The Freshman Cook
- Chicken Parmesan by Bottom Left of the Mitten
- Chicken with Creamy Lemon Caper Sauce & Roasted Asparagus by Gourmet Everyday
- Chicken with Sautéed Zucchini Peppers and Mushrooms by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Cornflake Chicken Tenders by Renee’s Kitchen Adventures
- Easy Instapot Roast Chicken by Our Good Life
- Easy Ranch Chicken Pasta with Bacon by Cricket’s Confections
- Perfect Scrambled Eggs by Pies and Plots
- Roasted Chicken Breasts by Life Tastes Good
- Slow Cooker Creamy Tomato Chicken & Spinach by My Life Cookbook
- Whole30 Mini Turkey Meatloaf by Bites of Wellness
Last Updated on July 24, 2021 by [email protected]