Take vegetables to the next level with this Broccoli Puff. Use steamed vegetable packs, Biscuit mix, and cheese to make this kid-friendly side dish.
This is another great recipe from my stash of vintage recipe books that were gifted to me. From a General Mills recipe card, this broccoli side dish is made with Bisquick baking mix.
The best thing about this recipe is that you can change up the vegetables or meat to make it a full meal.
Looking to upgrade this side dish?
- Use mixed vegetables like Winter vegetable medley (broccoli, cauliflower,
- Add cooked ham or turkey sausage
How to make Broccoli Puff:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Steam the broccoli according to package directions.
In a bowl mix together the Bisquick baking mix, milk, eggs, salt, pepper,
Add the steamed broccoli to the batter.
Grease a casserole dish. Place the batter into the dish.
Bake for 45 minutes or until a knife comes out clean when poked into the center.
Check out these other kid-friendly side dishes:
And here you are……
From our home in the Bottom Left of the Mitten to yours ~ Enjoy!
- casserole dish
- 1 10-ounce packages frozen steamable broccoli
- 1 cup Bisquick baking mix
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 cup shredded cheese I use Colby jack but you can use any kind you like.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Steam the broccoli according to package directions.
- In a bowl mix together the Bisquick baking mix, milk, eggs, salt, pepper, and cheese.
- Add the steamed broccoli to the batter.
- Grease a casserole dish. Place the batter into the casserole dish.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until a knife comes out clean when poked into the center. Enjoy!
Originally published in July of 2019. Updated photos & recipe March 2021. Adjusted the amount of broccoli to 1 bag, instead of 2 and decreased the time by 15 minutes.
Affiliate links are included in this post. Please read my Discloser Policy.