Sliders have been a huge hit in my house since I started making them about a year ago. In the summer they pair well with chips and other cold side dishes. In the winter they are perfect for dipping into soups. They are also big on flavor when you hit the right combination. I think I have a winner for you today for Sunday Supper, Turkey & Bacon Sliders with ‘Isn’t That Special’ Sauce.
Sure you can make these sliders just plain or maybe add some boring mayonnaise on it but why would you when you can add some ‘Isn’t That Special’ Sauce? While this is similar to the pickle & vinegar based sauce we all know and love I really wanted to set mine apart with a unique name. So I am paying homage to a show that I have loved since my early teen’s, Saturday Night Live.
You know that question, “Who are the 3 people you would invite to dinner?” I could easily answer that and everyone at the table would be a former cast member of SNL. I am a super Tina Fey Fan Girl. Will Ferrell in my eyes is the hottest guy in Hollywood. And Steve Martin is a genius. Who would you invite to dinner?
Alright, enough chit chat. Let’s get cooking!. Gather your ingredients….
Cook your bacon according to package direction. I just make mine right on my stove top but my friend swears by baking it in the oven. Drain the bacon then set up a slider assembly. Grease the bottom of a baking dish. Add buns, turkey, bacon and cheese. Top off with the bun. In a microwave safe mug add 2 Tbs. butter and 1/2 tsp. garlic powder. Melt butter in microwave. Pour on top of the sliders. Put sliders into a preheated 375 degree over for 15 minutes.
For the sauce. Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl. Done! Pour over the sliders when they are served. Add tomatoes if you wish. And here you are…..
From our home in the Bottom Left of the Mitten to yours ~ Enjoy!
As always I would like to thank our host for this Sunday Supper, Erica from The Crumby Cupcake. She is actually the one that introduced me to this wonderful group. So thank you Erica! Now go ahead and try these other 40+ bacon recipes:
Bacon in Appetizers
- Apple and Bacon Jam Quesadillas by Nik Snacks
- Bacon Barbecue Nachos by Where Latin Meets Lagniappe
- Game Day Bacon & Cheddar ‘Tater Skins by Powered By BLING
- Killer Jalapeño Poppers by Simply Healthy Family
- Spicy Bacon-Wrapped Shrimp by Food Lust People Love
Bacon for Breakfast
- Avocado Toast with Coconut Bacon by Helpful Homemade
- Bacon Cinnamon Rolls with Maple Glaze by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Breakfast Bruschetta by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Candied Maple Bacon by A Mind Full Mom
- Maple Bacon Protein Pancakes by Amee’s Savory Dish
Bacon for Dessert
- Bacon Brownie Balls by Monica’s Table
- Bacon Chocolate Chip Cookies by Desserts Required
- Boozy Bacon Cherry Crumble by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Chocolate Bacon Crack by Brunch-n-Bites
- Flourless Peanut Butter Bacon Cookies by Pies and Plots
- Maple Bacon Truffles by Dessert Geek
- Spiced Apple Bacon Upside Down Cake by The Crumby Cupcake
Bacon for Dinner
- Bacon and Pumpkin Pasta by Dizzy Busy and Hungry
- Bacon Corn Chowder by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Bacon Fried Rice by Asian In America
- Bacon Wrapped Turkey Meatloaf by April Golightly
- Creamy Blue Cheese Pasta with Steak and Bacon by Magnolia Days
- K.C.’s Award Winning Turkey Bacon Explosion by Cooking With Carlee
- Kimchi Bacon Fried Rice by kimchi MOM
- Spaghetti alla Carbonara by The Bitter Side of Sweet
- The Pigskin Loaded Baked Potato by Sunday Supper Movement
- Triple Bypass Burgers by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
Bacon in Beverages
- Candied Bacon Old Fashioned by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Homemade Bloody Mary with Candied Bacon Swizzle by Our Good Life
- Pancetta with Balsamic-Brown Sugar-Pepper Glaze for Bloody Mary by La Bella Vita Cucina
Bacon for Lunch
- Bacon, Fig and Goat’s Cheese Quiche by Caroline’s Cooking
- BLT Bread Salad by The Chef Next Door
- Grilled Manwich Club by Momma’s Meals
- Restaurant Style Double Bacon BLT by The Freshman Cook
- Turkey & Bacon Sliders with ‘Isn’t That Special’ Sauce by Bottom Left of the Mitten
Bacon as a Side Dish
- Bacon and Cheddar Smashed Red Potatoes by Family Around The Table
- Bourbon Bacon Jam by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Bacon, Beer & Jalapeno Muffins by Wholistic Woman
- Easy Bacon, Beans & Greens by My Life Cookbook
- Greens with Gruyere and Bacon by Cooking Chat
- Peas with Bacon and Crispy Onions by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.
One thing that I really love about blogging is sharing. And one of my favorite ways of doing that is through my Instagram. Now mine may not be the most beautiful but whether it’s what I made for dinner last night or my kid crying on the ground it is an honest portrayal of me & my family. Messy at times but mostly beautiful.
When I first got on IG I started something I hashtagged #MittenMovieNight. Usually Friday nights hubby & I enjoy a few craft beers and watch a movie. I snap what we are drinking and watching and tag it with this hashtag. I look forward to this fun little night and I also look forward to sharing it. So I thought, hey why not add a recipe to go along with it. YEAH! Dinner, Movie, Craft Beer! So without further ado……
Let’s start with what we are eating, Portobello Mushroom Burger. Next what we’re watching, The Bronze. I love dark comedies! Lastly, what we are drinking: Lost Dune from New Holland Brewing in Holland, Michigan. While I am not a huge blueberry fan I do love coriander and this is fruity & refreshing. Pairs very well with the woody meatiness of the mushroom and the sweetness of the onions & peppers. Let’s get cooking. Gather your ingredients…..
Start with the Basil Mayonnaise. In a food processor combine basil, garlic and salt. While running add oil through the top and blend until smooth. Take the ingredients from the processor and move to another bowl. Add the rest of the ingredients and stir until combined. Cover and refrigerate. This will keep for around 3 days.
Mix the marinade ingredients together. Oil, vinegar, salt and lemon juice. Set aside. Prepare the mushrooms by removing the stems and scraping the gills out. Place mushrooms in a dish and pour the marinade over them. Let it sit in the marinade at room temperature for 30 minutes.
Chop peppers and onion. Saute in 2 Tbs. of butter for 5 minutes. Assemble the marinated mushrooms on a greased baking pan. With mushroom cup side up add onions and peppers. Top with mozzarella cheese.
Cook at 425 degrees for 20-22 minutes. In the last 5 minutes of cooking the mushrooms I put butter on my split rolls and put them in the oven as well to crisp up the buns. Smear the rolls of your choosing with pesto mayo. Add mushroom burger. And here you are…..
I would love to know if you made this! Follow & tag #MittenMovieNight on Instagram.
From our home in the Bottom Left of the Mitten to yours ~ Enjoy!
*Affiliate links are included in this post. Please read my Discloser Policy.