This Ham It Up Cheese Ball is a quick and easy appetizer recipe. Serve up with chips or crackers and you are ready to party!
This week for Mitten Movie Night I’m shaking things up a bit! No beer pairing. Instead, I am sharing a quick appetizer that can be made for all the fun parties and tailgates that are going on for Fall. Just a few ingredients and you’ve got a creamy, cheesy, hammy cheese ball recipe.
Usually, Friday night is the night hubby and I relax. Watch a movie, grab a good beer after eating a great dinner. But tonight is different because I have another date…with my 10-year-old! We are heading to see author Johnathan Rand at the local Middle School. On a trip 3 years ago to Mackinac Island we found his Michigan Chillers books so we purchased a few. Since then Big A’s collection has grown quite extensively to include most of the American Chillers as well. Here he is a few years ago for ‘Dress Like A Book Character Day’ in honor of Kentucky Komodo Dragons.
It was exciting when I was reading our local newspaper and found out he was coming right here to our little town! We may be small but we have a great Chamber of Commerce, the Dogwood Fine Arts which is putting this together as well as Southwestern Michigan College who put on plays that just make my jaw drop. It’s a great place to live in the Bottom Left of the Mitten. So he and I are going to head there while Dad & Little A stay home.
Ok, on to the cheese ball! I am making this for a party that we are going to tomorrow. Hayride, good friends, good food. I’m excited. The nice thing about this is it takes just a few ingredients and quick even though it does require some serious stirring. Check out the video below………
Serve with some pita chips and this cheese ball is party perfect!
And here you are….
From our home in the Bottom Left of the Mitten to yours ~ Enjoy!
*Affiliate links are included in this post. Please read my Discloser Policy.
**Music ‘A Hoot’ by Partners in Rhyme
Ham It Up Cheese Ball
- 1/4 pound cooked ham chopped
- 1 Tbs seasoning salt
- 1/2 tsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 1/4 cup green onions chopped
- 2 8 ounce pkg cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup mild cheddar cheese, shredded for cheese ball filling
- 1/2 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded for cheese ball filling
- 1/4 cup mild cheddar cheese, shredded to roll cheese ball in
- 1/4 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded to roll cheese ball in
- Pita Chips or Crackers to serve with
- Chop green onions and ham into small pieces so that you get a little in each bite.
- Add both packages of cream cheese to a bowl. Then add seasoning salt and Worcestershire Sauce. Stir. Add green onions and ham. Finish stirring until all ingredients combined.
- Add 1 cup of combined cheeses. Stir until a ball is formed.
- On a separate plate put the additional 1/2 cup of cheese. Roll the ball into the cheese. When all cheese has stuck transfer to another plate.
- Serve with Pita Chips or Crackers. Enjoy!
Last Updated on April 20, 2020 by Erin@BottomLeftoftheMitten