Living in a rural Michigan you can’t drive very far without passing a corn field. In the summer these fields produce sweet, amazing food. In the fall the stalks make for a perfect corn maze that we chase our kids through while drinking apple cider. Today for Sunday Supper I’m sharing my Corn Pudding. Easy to make and the perfect compliment to your dinner plans any time of year.
Just a few items and you are on your way to corn perfection. So gather your ingredients….
First, shuck your corn. I have to admit that I am not sure what the ‘perfect’ way to do this since I almost always end up picking the silk out for way longer than I have to. But I’m excited tonight at 7PM EST you can join us on Twitter for our #SundaySupper chat. I have a feeling that some of the best cooks I know will spill their secrets on how they do it. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag to join in the fun. Once your corn is naked, add some water to a large pot and boil for around 15 minutes.
After your corn has cooked set aside to cool. Trust me you do not want to handle hot corn! Once it has cooled take a knife and remove the kernels from the ear. The next part is so easy. Add your dry ingredients to a bowl. Add your wet ingredients, cheese and corn. Mix.
Transfer to a greased baking dish. I use a nice small one with a lid to cover it if there’s leftovers. Bake at 375 degrees for 18 minutes. And here you are…..
From our home in the Bottom Left of the Mitten to yours ~ Enjoy!
Thank you so much to this Sunday Supper host Ellen Folkman from Family Around the Table. Now that Michigan Sweet Corn is at it’s peak here are 35+ more recipes to try.
- Bacon and Corn Chowder by Latin Meet Lagniappe
- Cajun Baked Shrimp and Corn Dip by The Weekend Gourmet
- Cheesy Corn Tomato Tartlets by Sunday Supper Movement
- Cheesy Grilled Corn Dip by Helpful Homemade
- Crab & Jalapeno Hush Puppies by Simply Healthy Family
- Grilled Corn Salsa by A Mind “Full” Mom
- Indian Cheese Corn Toast: Popular Vegetarian Recipe by Easy Cooking with Molly
- Roasted Corn and Tomato Bruschetta by Monica’s Table
- Blueberry Masa Harina Pancakes by Magnolia Days
- Grilled Corn Ravioli Caprese Salad by Food Lust People Love
- Griled Corn and Avocado Salad by Garden Matter
- Grilled Tri Tip and Roasted Corn Salad by The Freshman Cook
- Healthy Corn, Edamame & Avocado Salad by Food Done Light
- Summer Vegetable Salad by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Black Bean Corn Casserole by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Cornbread Waffles with Pulled Pork by Renee’s Kitchen Adventures
- Fresh Corn Fettuccine by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Fresh Corn Polenta with Summer Vegetables by Caroline’s Cooking
- Pasta with Creamy Corn Sauce and Summer Vegetables by Delaware Girl Eats
- Polenta Stuffed Peppers by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Shrimp Corn Chowder by Feeding Big and More
- A-maize-ing Maple Cornbread by Family Around The Table
- Blueberry and Corn Skillet Bread by Wholistic Woman
- Corn Pudding by Bottom Left of the Mitten
- Corn Pudding with Jalapenos and Chiles by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Easy Addictive Corn by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Galey iyo Qumbo (Somali Corn in Coconut Sauce) by Tara’s Multicultural Table
- Honey Cornbread Muffins by Life Tastes Good
- Mealie Bread (South African Sweetcorn Bread) by Curious Cuisiniere
- Jalapeno Popper Cornbread Muffins by The Crumby Cupcake
- Peruvian Grilled Street Corn by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Skillet Corn with Bacon by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Skillet Fried Corn by New South Charm
- Skillet Jalapeno Cornbread by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Blackberry Cornbread Buckle by Pies and Plots
- Brazilian Corn Cookies by What Smells So Good?
- Easy Cornmeal Budino with Blueberry Marmellata by Cooking With Carlee
- Mais Con Hielo-Corn on Ice by Asian In America
- Margarita Popcorn by The Redhead Baker
- Sweet Corn Ice Cream by Baking Sense
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.
Corn Pudding #SundaySupper
- 2 ears corn
- 1 box (8.5 oz) Jiffy corn muffin mix
- 1 egg
- 1 Tbs Cornstarch
- 2 Tbs butter, melted
- 1/3 cup milk
- 2 Tbs sugar
- 1/4 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 tsp salt
- First, shuck your corn. Once your corn is naked, add some water to a large pot and boil for around 15 minutes.
- After your corn has cooked set aside to cool.
- Once it has cooled take a knife and remove the kernels from the ear.
- To a bowl add dry ingredients. Then add the wet ingredients, cheese and corn. Mix.
- Transfer to a greased baking dish.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 18 minutes. Enjoy!