I love a great cup of coffee. I love brownies packed with chocolate flavor. How about adding said coffee to the brownies? Sure! Add cherries? Yes! Chock it full of nuts? Why the heck not!
This is my 2nd recipe for #Choctoberfest! Just check out in the link up below to see all of the great recipes that other awesome bloggers came up with and you will see how I feel so honored to be part of this group. Along with this honor comes a great opportunity to work with one of this years sponsors, Caveman Coffee. When I received my packages of White Gold Coffee & Cocoa Butter I knew what I had to make, brownies. Better than that, they were going to be coffee brownies! In honor of my husbands birthday today I add some cherries. He loves chocolate & cherry ice cream so it seemed like a good choice. Then finally walnuts. What are brownies without nuts? Perfection!
Let’s get started! Combine sugar, flour, cocoa powder, salt and baking powder. Add the wet ingredients: eggs, butter, vanilla and coffee. Chop cherries then add to batter. Finally add walnuts. Layer in a greased 8×11 dish. Put in preheated 350 degree oven and cook for 18-20 minutes. And here you are….
From our home in the Bottom Left of the Mitten to yours ~ Enjoy!
Chocolate Cherry Cafe Brownies
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1/3 cup flour
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 6 tbs butter melted
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup Caveman Coffee
- 2 ounces chopped walnuts
- 2.5 ounces Maraschino cherries chopped
- Powdered sugar for topping if desired
- Combine sugar, flour, cocoa powder, salt and baking powder.
- Add the wet ingredients: eggs, butter, vanilla and coffee. Chop cherries then add to batter. Finally add walnuts.
- Layer in a greased 8x11 dish. Put in preheated 350 degree oven and cook for 18-20 minutes.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar after cooling if desired.
Last Updated on April 20, 2020 by [email protected]