Creamy homemade sausage gravy is the perfect sauce for Breakfast Pizza. Finish with cracked eggs and bake until over-easy.
Servings 6 servings
large sheet pan
- 13.8 ounces pre-made pizza crust I used Pillsbury
- 16 ounces breakfast sausage
- 2 Tbs flour
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp Spanish paprika
- 1/4 tsp ground mustard
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 2 cups shredded cheddar jack cheese
- 2 stalks green onions diced
- 6 large eggs
How to make homemade sausage gravy:
In a pan, saute and brown the sausage until no longer pink. Takes around 5-6 minutes.
Sprinkle 2 Tbs over the top of the sausage and stir.
To the pan, add 2 cups of milk. Add the seasonings and stir everything together.
Let the gravy simmer until it reduces by a third, for about 5 minutes.
How to make breakfast pizza with over-easy eggs on top:
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
On a large sheet pan add parchment paper. Unroll the pizza crust and roll it out on top of the parchment paper so it is the size of the baking sheet.
Bake in the oven for 6 minutes.
Add the sausage gravy to the top of the crust. Spread around to every edge.
Spread the cheese and chopped green onions over the top evenly.
Create 6 wells on the top of the pizza then gently crack an egg into each well.
Place the pizza into the oven and bake for 15 minutes.
Slice into 6 large pieces so that each piece has an egg in it. Enjoy!
Tips for making Breakfast Pizza:
Tips for cooking eggs in the oven on top of pizza:
- You want it to be thick and creamy, not saucy which will make the whole pizza soggy.
- Do not drain the grease, this will be used to make the gravy.
- Adjust the time for pre-baking the crust by 1 minute for how you prefer your eggs on top. For mine, I pre-baked the crust for 6 minutes, then baked with the eggs on top for 15 minutes and the eggs came out over-easy.