St. Louis Ravioli
Cheese ravioli is dipped in egg, covered in a flour mixture then fried until golden brown. One creamy and crunchy bite will have guests asking for seconds.
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Total Time 25 minutes
Servings 12 servings
- 1 bag frozen ravioli cook according to package directions
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese I use the powdered version
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 cup canola or blended oil may vary depending on the depth of the pan your using
- 1 jar spaghetti sauce
Take the bag of ravioli and cook it according to package directions. Drain and that is done.
Set up an assembly line. Mix together the flour, Parmesan cheese, and garlic powder on a plate or in a shallow pan. In a separate bowl beat 2 eggs together.
Add to a frying pan enough oil to cover the bottom generously-I used about 1/4 cups. Heat the oil over medium/high heat for 1-2 minutes.
Dip ravioli into the eggs then the flour then add to the oil. Toast 2 minutes each side until it's golden brown then remove and place onto a towel with a paper towel to drain.
Worked in batches. When about half of them are cooked the pan may need to be turned off and the oil discarded (please use caution and empty oil into a proper container) then add new oil since burnt flour bits get into the bottom of the pan during the frying process.
After all the ravioli are done cooking heat up a jar of spaghetti sauce for dipping. Enjoy!
Tips for making for St. Louis Ravioli:
- The oil can be checked if it's ready for frying by lightly flicking a dash of flour into the pan-if it sizzles it's ready.
- When about half of the ravioli are cooked the pan may need to be turned off and the oil discarded (please use caution and empty oil into a proper container) then add new oil since burnt flour bits get into the bottom of the pan during the frying process.