Memphis Hot Dogs
All beef hot dog wrapped in bacon then cooked until crispy. Top with Memphis Style BBQ sauce. Memphis hot dogs are a classic regional favorite.
Servings 8 hot dogs
- 8 hot dog buns
- 8 hot dogs I use Nathan's
- 8 pieces bacon
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup Memphis Style BBQ Sauce
- 1/4 cup green onions chopped
Wrap a piece of bacon down the length of each hot dog and lay it on a baking sheet covered with aluminum foil.
Place in a preheated 375-degree oven for 12 minutes.
Now put the hot dogs under the broiler of your oven for 1 minute. With tongs turn them, then broil for one minute more.
Once they are done add them to hot dog buns. Top off with chopped green onions, cheddar cheese, and some Memphis Style BBQ Sauce. Enjoy!
Tips for making Memphis Hot Dogs:
- If you do not want to use aluminum foil, you can skip using it. Clean up is just much easier when you use it.