Under the Troll Bridge Pasties
Flaky crust filled with beef, potatoes, onions, carrots, and turnips. Serve these Under the Troll Bridge Pasties with brown gravy.
Servings 6 pasties
- 3 cups unbleached flour
- 1 cup butter cut into 1/2 Tbs sections
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 cup cold water adding 1/4 cup at a time
- 1/2 pound ground beef cooked and drained
- 1 small turnip cleaned, peeled and diced
- 1 potato cleaned, peeled and diced
- 1 carrot cleaned, peeled and diced
- 1 small white onion diced
- 1/2 cup shredded colby jack cheese
- 1 package brown gravy mix cooked according to package directions
- 1 Tbs butter
- 1 egg beaten
- Salt & Pepper to taste
While the dough is chilling clean, peel and chop all your veggies.
Sautee them in 1 Tbs butter to soften them then put them into a bowl.
Cook and drain the beef then add it to the vegetables. Add salt and pepper to taste then let the vegetables and beef cool.
Roll and cut the dough out into large circles.
Add filling to one side then sprinkle with shredded cheese.
After stuffing these full pinch the dough to crimp the edges.
Beat an egg and brush over the top of pasty. Bake in a preheated 375 degree oven for 25 minutes.
Prepare gravy mix to package directions. Serve on the side. Enjoy!
- For cutting the circles, I used a cereal bowl and it worked out great to make 6 pasties.
- Make sure as noted above, let the vegetables and beef cool before stuffing the pasties. As I found out the hard way, if it's too hot it will make the dough too sticky to work with once you start assembling the pasties.