A few ingredients come together to make this classic Swedish Sticky Chocolate Cake recipe. This cake comes out of the oven with a crispy top and a gooey, fudgy center with chocolate in every bite. This is the perfect dessert for a dinner party or the holidays.
Welcome to Choctoberfest 2018! This is a wonderful time of year. Over 100 bloggers are in our kitchens and churning out the best chocolate recipes to get you through October and the holidays. Past Choctoberfest’s have produced some of my most inspired recipes like Homemade Chocolate Pudding and Cracker Candy. This year I decided to use this as an opportunity to make a recipe I’ve had on my list for a while, Swedish Sticky Chocolate Cake (Kladdkaka).
*Affiliate links are included in this post. Please read my Discloser Policy. I received Barlean’s Butter Flavored Coconut Oil complimentary but all opinions stated in this post are my own. For more information about Barlean’s visit their About page.
I was SO EXCITED to see that Barlean’s was a partner again this year. They are such a great supporter of food bloggers and have participated not only in Choctoberfest but Cookout Week as well. I made a wonderful Margarita Pie with a pretzel crust with Barleans’s instead of butter and it turned out great.
Why swap out butter for butter flavored coconut oil?
- It’s a simple 1 for 1 swap. Use butter flavored coconut oil in cookies, brownies or most anywhere that butter is called for in recipes.
- Unlike regular coconut oil, you almost completely miss the coconut taste.
- It’s not just for baking! Butter flavored coconut oil works great in sautees, sauces, and light frying as well.
I’ve had this cake on my mind for the past year or so. While I’ve been sharing more recipes from Michigan and my family, I have been wanting to delve a little deeper into recipes from my heritage as well. My dad’s family is from Sweden and my husband’s family is Norwegian so you might be seeing more and more of these recipes on the blog soon. Until then, let’s get on to this delicious chocolate cake recipe.
How to make Swedish Sticky Chocolate Cake:
Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
In a medium-sized bowl whisk 2 eggs.
Slowly whisk the sugar in with the eggs.
Add a mesh strainer to the top of the bowl. Pour in the flour, cocoa powder, and salt. Lift up the strainer and gently shake all the ingredients into the bowl.
Pour in the vanilla.
Next, melt the Barlean’s Butter Flavored Coconut Oil then add pour it into the flour/cocoa mixture. Whisk to combine.
Cover the bottom of an 8″ spring-form pan with parchment/baking paper. Grease the sides so they release easily. Add the batter to the pan. Bake for 25-28 minutes.
Remove the sides of the pan then let cool. then sprinkle with powdered sugar.
Tips & Variations for Swedish Sticky Cake:
- Don’t have butter flavored coconut oil on hand? Swap out 1:1 for unsalted butter. If you only have salted butter omit the salt.
- No springform pan? That’s fine, just use a regular pie plate that is well oiled.
- Make it even better served with fresh fruit or fruit sauce.
And here you are….
From our home in the Bottom Left of the Mitten to yours ~ Enjoy!
Recipe adapted from The Cafe Sucre Farine.
Don’t forget to enter the #Choctoberfest giveaway! This prize pack has an ARV of over $400!
To enter, simply follow our sponsors using the widget below. You can gain additional entries by following me and the other participating bloggers. A winner will be drawn on October 21, 2018, and contacted via email. Good luck!
Check out all these delicious recipes from all the participants of #Choctoberfest!
Follow the other bloggers as well to get great ideas for your next chocolate craving. Here are all the bloggers who are part of #Choctoberfest 2018:
The PinterTest Kitchen ♥ 2 Cookin Mamas ♥ 27th and Olive ♥ A Day in the Life on the Farm ♥ A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures ♥ A Little Fish in the Kitchen ♥ addicted 2 recipes ♥ Amy’s Cooking Adventures ♥ An Affair from the Heart ♥ April GoLightly ♥ At the Table with R and R ♥ Baking Sense ♥ Blade & Barbell ♥ Blogghetti ♥ Body Rebooted ♥ Books n’ Cooks ♥ Bottom Left of the Mitten ♥ Canning and Cooking at Home ♥ Cheese Curd In Paradise ♥ Chef Sarah Elizabeth ♥ Cindy’s Recipes and Writings ♥ Coconut & Lime ♥ Cook With Renu ♥ Cook’s Hideout ♥ Cookaholic Wife ♥ Cookie Dough and Oven Mitt ♥ CopyKat.com ♥ Daily Dish Recipes ♥ Everyday Eileen ♥ Fairyburger ♥ Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice ♥ Family Around the Table ♥ Fix Me a Little Lunch ♥ Frankly Entertaining ♥ Frugal & Fit ♥ Get the Good Stuff! ♥ Growing Up Gabel ♥ Hardly A Goddess ♥ Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks ♥ Home Sweet Homestead ♥ House of Nash Eats ♥ Intelligent Domestications ♥ jenniferbakes ♥ JoAnn’s Food Bites ♥ Join Us, Pull up a Chair ♥ Jolene’s Recipe Journal ♥ Jonesin’ For Taste ♥ Karen’s Kitchen Stories ♥ Kate’s Recipe Box ♥ Kelly Lynn’s Sweets and Treats ♥ LeMoine Family Kitchen ♥ Life on Food ♥ Life, Love, and Good Food ♥ Lisa’s Dinnertime Dish ♥ Little House Big Alaska ♥ Long Distance Baking ♥ Maria’s Mixing Bowl ♥ Moore or Less Cooking ♥ Must Love Home ♥ Norine’s Nest ♥ Our Good Life ♥ Our Sutton Place ♥ OVENTales ♥ Palatable Pastime ♥ Prettysweetblog ♥ Red Cottage Chronicles ♥ Restless Chipotle ♥ Reviews, Chews & How-Tos ♥ Sarah Cooks the Books ♥ Sarah’s Bake Studio ♥ Savory Moments ♥ Seasonal and Holiday Recipe Exchange ♥ Seasoned Sprinkles ♥ Seduction In The Kitchen ♥ Simple Family Crazy Life ♥ Simply Inspired Meals ♥ Snacks and Sips ♥ Soulfully Made ♥ Stephie The Happy Mom ♥ Sumptuous Spoonfuls ♥ Sweet Coralice ♥ Take Two Tapas ♥ Tampa Cake Girl ♥ That Recipe ♥ The Baking Fairy ♥ The Beard and The Baker ♥ The Food Hunter’s Guide to Cuisine ♥ The Gingered Whisk ♥ The Heritage Cook ♥ The Mad Scientist’s Kitchen ♥ The Olive Blogger ♥ The Pajama Chef ♥ The Redhead Baker ♥ The Saucy Fig ♥ The Spiffy Cookie ♥ The Weekday Gourmet ♥ This is How I Cook ♥ Trampling Rose ♥ Turnips 2 Tangerines ♥ Walking Fruitfully ♥ Wendy Polisi ♥ Wildflour’s Cottage Kitchen ♥ Zesty South Indian Kitchen
Swedish Sticky Chocolate Cake
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/3 cup sugar
- 5 Tbs unsweetened baking cocoa
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 10 Tbs Barlean's Butter Flavored Coconut Oil melted
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- In a medium-sized bowl whisk 1 egg.
- Slowly whisk the sugar in with the egg.
- Add a mesh strainer to the top of the bowl. Pour in the flour, cocoa powder, and salt. Lift up the strainer and gently shake all the ingredients into the bowl.
- Pour the vanilla into the bowl.
- Melt the Barlean’s Butter Flavored Coconut Oil then add pour into the flour/cocoa mixture. Whisk to combine.
- Cover the bottom of an 8" spring-form pan with parchment/baking paper. Grease the sides so they release easily. Add the batter to the pan.
- Bake for 25-28 minutes.
- Remove the sides of the pan then let cool. Sprinkle with powdered sugar then cut into 8 pieces. Enjoy!
- Don't have butter flavored coconut oil on hand? Swap out 1:1 for unsalted butter. If you only have salted butter omit the salt.
- No springform pan? That's fine, just use a regular pie plate that is well oiled.
Last Updated on April 22, 2020 by [email protected]
I am a big chocolate fan! This cake sounds amazing, can’t wait to try it!
I am too Courtney! Thank you so much.