Flaky crust packed with sweet strawberry preserves and Simply Sesame. Make up a batch for the busy school week. My son ate these every morning and then again as a snack after school! Who doesn’t love a portable meal that is a hit with the kids?
I received Simply Sesame® complimentary but all opinions stated in this post are my own.
Interested in learning more about Simply Sesame? Follow them on social media:
Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
These hand pies are so easy to make and use just a few ingredients. And let me tell you what made these even easier….my new mixer that I got for Christmas! It’s so beautiful. Since getting it I’ve done some serious baking. Enough of the admiration let’s get baking.
Starting with the dough add the ingredients to a mixer. Or you can mix this by hand as well~before I got my mixer I had no problem whipping up crust for my favorite homemade pizzas. Check out my directions for a thicker crust on my White Chicken Pizza with Basil & Blackberry Sauce. A thinner crust for this Pepper Steak Pizza. Or a the crust for a classic favorite, Chicago Deep Dish Pizza. Either way, this crust turns out perfectly! I’m even using this same recipe to make a special treat soon for Mitten Movie Night. When the dough has been mixed roll into a ball then onto some plastic wrap that has been lightly floured. Put the dough into the refrigerate for 1 hour.
Once chilled it’s time to roll it out and cut into circles. See my fancy cutter! This was enough dough for 12 pies. Take a spoonful of the strawberry preserves and place on one side of the dough then on top of that add the Simply Sesame (*note: Simply Sesame needs to be well stirred to make sure it’s not too runny).
Preheat the over to 375 degrees then line a pan with parchment paper. Fold the top of the dough over then crimp the edges with a fork. Some filling may eek out when baking that is why it’s crucial to use the parchment so you can have easy clean up.
Bake for 20 minutes. Before the last 10 minutes is up melt a tablespoon of butter, take the pies out then brush the tops. Put back into the over to finish. When done please be aware not to take a giant bite right away since the filling can be H-O-T! And here you are….
From our home in the Bottom Left of the Mitten to yours ~ Enjoy!
Strawberry & Sesame Hand Pies
- 1-1/2 cup unbleached flour
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup butter cut into 1/2 Tbs sections
- 9 Tbs ice water added 3 Tbs at a time while mixer is going
- 1/4 cup strawberry preserves
- 1/4 cup Simple Sesame Pure Roasted Sesame flavor
- 1 Tbs butter, melted
- Add all the dough ingredients to a mixer. Once the dough has been mixed roll into a ball then onto some plastic wrap that has been lightly floured. Put the dough into the refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Once chilled it's time to roll it out and cut into circles.
- Take a spoonful of the strawberry preserves and place on one side of the dough. On top of that add the Simply Sesame (*note: Simply Sesame needs to be well stirred to make sure it's not too runny) .
- Preheat the over to 375 degrees then line a pan with parchment paper.
- Fold the top of the dough over then crimp the edges with a fork.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Before the last 10 minutes is up melt a tablespoon of butter, take the pies out then brush the tops. Put back into the over to finish.
- Let them cool slightly. Enjoy!
Last Updated on April 20, 2020 by [email protected]
Though I have never heard of Simply Sesame, I’ll be looking for it on my next grocery trip! My husband would absolutely love these!
Thank you! I think you will love it–very similar to Natural Peanut butter, so good.
Alyssa @ A Bite of Inspiration
Strawberries and sesame?? What a clever flavor combination! Can’t wait to try these!
Thanks so much–Strawberry goes good with most everything.
I’ve never heard of Simply Sesame either but these look incredible. We would all love them!
Thanks! Simple Sesame goes well with anything you would normally use Peanut Butter for. Very good.
Elaine @ Dishes Delish
I used to make something very similar, looking at your post and recipe, makes me want to make it again!! These ‘hand pies’ look so delicious!
Thank you Elaine!
Kathy @ Beyond the Chicken Coop
I’ll take two…one for each hand! These are so cute and look super yummy! 🙂
Yes–they sure do go fast. Thanks!
You make it look so easy! These little pies look so pretty!
I appreciate it Katrin!
mmm…love the flavors in these hand pies! And I love that you made your homemade pie dough, I do too!
Thank you Nicoletta! The dough is a cinch to make.
Sasha @ Eat Love Eat
What a delicious snack! I love the flavour combination 🙂