Tomato & Roasted Red Pepper Soup with Pimento Grilled Cheese #SundaySupper
Roasted peppers, tomatoes and onions make the base for this delicious Tomato & Roasted Red Pepper Soup. Make a side of Pimento Grilled Cheese sandwiches for the ultimate soup & sandwich combination.
Let’s start off Mitten Movie Night with a meal combo that hits the spot no matter the weather, soup & grilled cheese.
What TV show pairs well with soup & sandwiches?
Mitten Movie Night was moved this week from Friday when it usually is to tonight. We saved it because it’s a big TV night at our house. It’s The Walking Dead season finale. Are you a fan? I found last season kind of bland but this season has certainly made up for it minus the first episode.
What beer pairs well with Tomato & Roasted Red Pepper Soup with Pimento Grilled Cheese?
The beer: Guinness Golden Ale.
Now enough about zombies and on to the food!
This soup is so easy! The thing that I love most about vegetable soups is that you can mix them up and then make them creamy with a little thing called an ‘immersion blender’. I recently used it to make an amazing Asparagus Soup for another Sunday Supper. I was trying to recreate a favorite of mine and it turned out perfect!
How to make Tomato & Roasted Red Pepper Soup:
This soup is just a 4 step process: 1) Chop up the vegetables.
2) Mix these together in 2 Tbs oil.
3) Place on a baking sheet then roast them in a 350-degree oven for 40 minutes.
4) Once they are roasted add to a large stockpot with minced garlic, puree, chicken/vegetable stock, and sugar.
Set to low/medium heat while you make up the grilled cheese.
For the grilled cheese you could use any kind of bread. This sandwich is made with English Muffin Bread that Little A and I made. He loves to help me in the kitchen so I am always looking for things to bake because it’s something that I would like to get better at as well.
How to make Pimento Grilled Cheese:
Mix the mayo, cheese, and pimento in a bowl.
Slice and spread butter on the bread.
Add the pimento mixture in between bread then cook as with any good grilled cheese-3 minutes, flip, then 3 more minutes until the middle is completely melted.
This sandwich is perfect for dipping.
After your grilled cheese is nice and toasty and the soup is nice and roasty your ready.
And here you are….
From our home in the Bottom Left of the Mitten to yours ~ Enjoy!
Thank you so much to this weeks host Rini from Healing Tomato. What a perfect fit for this Sunday Supper! Check out all the other delicious tomato recipes below:
Sunday Supper Recipes Using Fresh Tomatoes
- Caprese Chicken with Bacon by Family Around The Table
- Cheesy Caprese Pesto Chicken and Quinoa Casserole by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Easy Balsamic Chicken with Tomatoes by Life Tastes Good
- Grilled Chicken and Pasta with Grated Tomato Sauce by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Bronzed Tomato Spinach Cheddar Panini by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Ground Beef Curry by Wholistic Woman
- Lamb and Fresh Tomato Curry by Sunday Supper Movement
- One Pan Pork Chop Dinner with Tomatoes by Simple and Savory
- Tuna and Tomato Bento by Ninja Baker
Pizza, Pies, and Pastas
- Angel Hair Pomodoro by Healing Tomato
- Heirloom Tomato Tart by Authentically Candace
- Pressure Canned Homegrown Tomato Sauce by What Smells So Good?
- Savory Tomato Pie with Pre-Made Crust by The Foodie Affair
- Three Cheese Tomato Basil Pie by Jersey Girl Cooks
- Tomato and Caramelized Onions Galette by Brunch-n-Bites
- Tuscan Pasta with White Beans and Tomatoes by A Mind “Full” Mom
- Bacon Caprese Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms by Crazed Mom
- Bloody Mary Mix by Our Good Life
- Bruschetta di Pomodoro by The Freshman Cook
- Caprese Garlic Bread with Arugula Pesto by The Crumby Cupcake
- Slow Roasted Tomatoes by Caroline’s Cooking
- Tomato Cauliflower Rice by Family Foodie
- Tomato Tulips for a Veggie Platter by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Cheesy Thumbprint Cookies with Green Tomato Strawberry Jalapeno Jam by Soulfully Made
- How to Make Homemade Salsa by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- IPA (India Pale Ale) Green Tomato Pickles by Gourmet Everyday
- Italian Nachos by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Marinated Cherry Tomatoes with Cottage Cheese by Cricket’s Confections
- Tomatoes Stuffed with Apple-Walnut Salad Filling by Asian In America
- Tropical Fruit Salsa by Pies and Plots
Soups and Salads
- 10 Minute Greek Inspired Couscous Salad by Sprinkles and Sprouts
- Burrata Caprese Salad with Balsamic Pearls by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Cherry Tomato and Preserved Lemon Salad by Shockingly Delicious
- Cupboard Tomato Mozzarella Salad by Food Lust People Love
- Fresh Tomato and Couscous Salad by Basic N Delicious
- Fried Green Tomato BLT Salad by Palatable Pastime
- Rustic Dill Tomato Soup by Hot Eats and Cool Reads
- Summer Tomato and Bread Soup by Monica’s Table
- Tomato & Roasted Red Pepper Soup with Pimento Grilled Cheese by Bottom Left of the Mitten
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement