Pumpkin Pie Ice Cream #SundaySupper
I couldn’t believe how easy it was to make ice cream. No fancy equipment just start with 2 simple ingredients and then add from there. I’ve always wanted to try my own so I thought for Fall some pumpkin ice cream would be perfect. Even better, pumpkin pie ice cream.
Even though Friday was officially the beginning of Fall ice cream really is in order since this week has been H-O-T! I’m talking like almost 90 degrees. It’s a little odd to see the leaves falling when you are staring at them from inside because you want to be close to the A/C. Not complaining though because Michigan winters are so long that I will take every last bit of Summer I can get. So now let’s cool off with some ice cream shall we.
Using a mixer, either stand or handheld, whip the whipping cream for around 5 minutes until peaks form. With it still going add the can of sweetened condensed milk. Finally add the pumpkin, vanilla and pumpkin spice. That’s it! Turn off the mixer and get ready to add the cookies. In a ziploc bag crush up the cookies or graham crackers whatever your using. Not too fine though. Add 3/4 of the cup of crushed cookies into the filling. Place into a loaf pan, it worked perfect and didn’t take up too much room in my freezer. Finally put the rest of the cookies on top.
Into the freezer it goes. It needs at least 6 hours if not overnight. I got too tempted and tried it after about 4 hours and it was not done–but it tasted good like pudding just not like ice cream. Once it’s set, delicious. And here you are…..
From our home in the Bottom Left of the Mitten to yours ~ Enjoy!
Cookie crust adapted from Celebrating Sweets.
Thank you to this weeks Sunday Supper host. Check out all of the other pumpkin recipes to get you through Fall.
Simple Pumpkin Recipes #SundaySupper
Meals, Sides, and Snacks
- Autumn Harvest Pumpkin Soup by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Chocolate Pumpkin Chia Pudding by Cricket’s Confections
- Chocolate Pumpkin Pastry Twists by Caroline’s Cooking
- Cream Cheese Filled Pumpkin Bread by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Miso Broth with Roast Pumpkin and Noodles by Sprinkles and Sprouts
- Pumpkin Coffee Cake with Walnut Streusel by Baking Sense
- Pumpkin Kugel by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Pumpkin Monkey Bread Muffins by Jersey Girl Cooks
- Pumpkin Mug Muffin by Our Good Life
- Pumpkin Oatmeal Cups by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Pumpkin Shrub by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Pumpkin Spiced Cream Cheese Rolls by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Roasted Pumpkin Apple Bacon Soup by Food Lust People Love
- Savory Pumpkin with Red Onion Garlic and Coconut by Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- No Bake Paleo Pumpkin Bites by Bites of Wellness
- Pumpkin Blondies by Pies and Plots
- Pumpkin Bread Pudding by The Freshman Cook
- Pumpkin Cupcakes by NinjaBaker.com
- Pumpkin Hand Pies by Kudos Kitchen by Renee
- Pumpkin Pie Ice Cream by Bottom Left of the Mitten
- Pumpkin Pot Au Creme by Cooking On The Ranch
- Traditional Pumpkin Pie by Palatable Pastime
- Pumpkin Spice Chocolate Chip Cookies by Sunday Supper Movement
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.