Pecan Crusted Chicken Salad #SundaySupper
Pecan Crusted Salad is full of flavor! Chicken, romaine lettuce, crunchy apples, dried cranberries, and an apple cider vinaigrette.
Next week is Thanksgiving already! Can you believe it? Time to hit the ground running with the shopping, baking, school activities, and family gatherings wouldn’t it be nice to sit back and relax and still have a filling and satisfying meal that won’t weigh you down? This salad is very easy and perfect to make between all the hustle and bustle.
Coating the chicken breasts in a pecan and cheddar mixture just adds an almost buttery crunch to it. Then you get a sweet bite of apple and cranberries. Add the creamy zing of the vinaigrette. It just hits all the right notes. Did I also mention that it’s really quite easy to make? Yes, yes I did.
How to make Pecan Crusted Chicken Salad:
Start by heating your oven to 375 degrees. Taking the 2 chicken breasts split them down the center so you have 4 total thinner pieces.
In a food, processor chop add the nuts and the cheddar cheese. Pulse until it has been finely chopped together. Take a plate and add the flour. Whisk one egg in a bowl. Then on the final plate add the pecan & cheddar mixture.
On a baking sheet add parchment paper or tin foil, spray with cooking spray then get ready to assemble the chicken.
Dredge the chicken in the flour on both sides. Now dip into the egg. Finally, cover the whole chicken piece with the pecan/cheddar mix. Place on a baking sheet. Repeat with the last 3 pieces.
Place in the oven for 35 minutes. Make sure to check and make sure chicken is cooked completely through before serving.
Chop the lettuce and apple and add them to a large salad bowl. Sprinkle with dried cranberries and sunflower seeds. Slice or chop the chicken and add to the salad.
Serve the dressing on the side or drizzle over as much as you or your guests like.
And here you are…..
From our home in the Bottom Left of the Mitten to yours ~ Enjoy!
Thank you to this weeks Sunday Supper host! Check out all the other recipes that will keep your family in fresh salads all Winter long.
Holiday Salad Recipes #SundaySupper
Festive Holiday Salad Recipes
- Best Ambrosia Salad by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Cranberry Fluff Salad by Palatable Pastime
- Cranberry Walnut Potato Salad by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Easy Green Bean Salad by Cricket’s Confections
- Layered Christmas Gelatin Salad by Positively Stacey
- Orange Fennel Salad by Pies and Plots
- Pecan Crusted Chicken Salad by Bottom Left of the Mitten
Bountiful Holiday Salad Recipes
- Roasted Artichoke Salad by Sunday Supper Movement
- Roasted Vegetable & Goat Cheese Salad by My Life Cookbook
- Shaved Brussels Sprouts Salad with Creamy Balsamic Dressing by Bites of Wellness
- Shaved Brussels Sprouts with Drunken Cranberries by Our Good Life
- Shredded Brussels Sprouts with Bacon Dressing by Life Tastes Good
- Sweet Potato French Bean Lentil Salad by Food Lust People Love
- Winter Beet Salad with Goat’s Cheese Dressing by Caroline’s Cooking
- Winter Fruit Salad by Turnips 2 Tangerines
- Winter Slaw with Pecans and Maple Dressing by Sprinkles and Sprouts
The Sunday Supper Movement is committed to bringing our readers delicious recipes that encourage them to gather and eat together around the family table. Search for your favorite ingredients on our Sunday Supper website. Also check out the Sunday Supper Pinterest boards for plenty more ideas and inspiration.