These peanut butter and chocolate chip blondies are loaded with nuts from the crunchy peanut butter and sprinkled with chocolate chips throughout. The perfect peanut butter and chocolate combination.
When I think of comfort food desserts, my mind instantly goes to brownies. They are easy to make in one pan, don’t take too many ingredients, and can be easily customized to everyone
Blondie brownies are different from regular chocolate brownies, blondies have a sweet dough that lets the additional ingredients be the star. Also, using Imperial Brown Sugar leaves that sweet brown sugar taste.
These peanut butter blondies with chocolate chips have-
- Blondie brownie dough is made with butter eggs, baking powder, salt, vanilla, brown sugar, and flour
- Crunchy peanut butter
- Semi-sweet chocolate chips
How to make peanut butter and chocolate chip blondies step-by-step
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
To a mixer or mixing bowl, add the peanut butter and stir to loosen it up. Add the eggs and melted butter.
Now add the salt, baking powder, and vanilla. Next, add the brown sugar. Then slowly fold the flour a 1/2 cup at a time.
Finally, add the chocolate chips. Stir to combine everything together.
Add the peanut butter brownie dough that’s loaded with chocolate chips into a 9×13 glass pan that has been lined with parchment paper. Bake for 35 minutes.
Let the blondies cool and then cut into 12 pieces and serve.
Tips & Variations
- My family loves crunchy peanut butter, but feel free to use smooth peanut butter if you prefer that.
- Load these brownies up by adding Reese’s peanut butter cups or peanut butter M&M’s.
- I use a stand mixer to mix the dough, but you can also use a handheld mixer or even a spatula to make these.
More dessert recipes
- Swedish Sticky Chocolate Cake
- Sugar Cookie and Apple Cobbler
- Raspberry Cheesecake with Pound Cake Crust
And here you are…..
From our home in the Bottom Left of the Mitten to yours ~ Enjoy
Peanut Butter and Chocolate Chip Blondies
- stand or handheld mixer
- 9x13 baking pan
- parchment paper
- 1 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 1 stick butter melted
- 3 medium eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 2 cups Imperial Brown Sugar
- 2 cups unbleached flour
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- To a mixer or mixing bowl, add the peanut butter and stir to loosen it up. Add the eggs and melted butter.1 cup crunchy peanut butter, 3 medium eggs, 1 stick butter
- Add the salt, baking powder, and vanilla. Next, add the brown sugar. Then slowly fold the flour a 1/2 cup at a time.1 teaspoon baking powder, 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1 tablespoon vanilla, 2 cups Imperial Brown Sugar, 2 cups unbleached flour
- Add the chocolate chips. Stir to combine everything together.1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Place the peanut butter brownie dough into a 9x13 glass pan that has been lined with parchment paper. Bake for 35 minutes.
- Let the blondies cool and then cut into 12 pieces and serve. Enjoy!
Tips for making this recipe:
- I like to use parchment paper to line the pan when making these. It makes it easier to lift the brownies out of the pan for cutting.
- A stand mixer comes in handing for mixing this dough, but it is not necessary. You can use a handheld mixer or spatula instead.
- To store: ideally, make these in a baking pan that has a cover. Cover and refrigerate and eat within 3 days. Heat in the microwave if you want to serve warm.
Originally published in October of 2019. Updated photos in July of 2022, same great recipe.
*Affiliate links are included in this post. Please read my Discloser Policy.
Last Updated on July 26, 2022 by Erin@BottomLeftoftheMitten