These Memphis hot dogs are bacon-wrapped hot dogs are topped with BBQ sauce, cheese, and then sprinkled with chopped green onions.
Let’s agree that bacon is amazing. Bacon-wrapped anything is again, pretty amazing. What about an all-beef hot dog wrapped in bacon then drizzled with a vinegary BBQ sauce? CAN ANYTHING GET MORE AMAZING? This is going to become one of your favorite recipes with hot dogs, ever!
I made these Memphis hot dogs in the oven. The bacon came out nice and crisp! Did you know that these aren’t the only bacon-wrapped hot dogs on my blog? Check out these Bacon Wrapped Hot Dogs topped with rich garlic aioli.
- All-beef hot dogs
- Fresh bakery hot dog buns
- Sliced bacon
- Memphis style BBQ sauce, a vinegar based sauce that can be homemade or store brought
- Chopped green onions and shredded cheddar cheese for topping
How to make Memphis hot dogs step-by-step
For these, I use Nathan’s all-beef hot dogs. Wrap a piece of bacon down the length of each hot dog and lay it on a baking sheet covered with aluminum foil.
Place in a preheated 375-degree oven for 12 minutes.
Now put the hot dogs under the broiler of your oven for 1 minute. With tongs turn them, then broil for one minute more.
Once they are done add them to hot dog buns.
Top off these Memphis hot dogs with chopped green onions, cheddar cheese, and some Memphis Style BBQ Sauce. I used my sauce recipe since it is on the vinegary side, which is what Memphis Style BBQ sauces are based on.
Tips & Variations
- When cooking bacon under a broiler, make sure to now put directly under the flame since the grease could possibly cause an issue. I place my pan vertically and left of the flame. (check your type of stove as these directions may vary)
- You can replace the bacon with turkey bacon.
- Make your own hot dog buns using this recipe from The Flavor Bender.
Serve with some crispy air fryer potatoes. And here you are…..
From our home in the Bottom Left of the Mitten to yours ~ Enjoy!
Memphis Hot Dogs
- baking sheet
- 8 hot dog buns
- 8 hot dogs I use Nathan’s
- 8 pieces bacon
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup Memphis Style BBQ Sauce
- 1/4 cup green onions chopped
- Wrap a piece of bacon down the length of each hot dog and lay it on a baking sheet covered with aluminum foil.8 hot dogs, 8 pieces bacon
- Place in a preheated 375-degree oven for 12 minutes.
- Now, put the hot dogs under the broiler of your oven for 1 minute. With tongs turn them, then broil for one minute more.
- Once they are done add them to hot dog buns. Top off with chopped green onions, cheddar cheese, and some Memphis Style BBQ Sauce. Enjoy!1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese, 1/2 cup Memphis Style BBQ Sauce, 1/4 cup green onions, 8 hot dog buns
Tips for making this recipe:
- If you do not want to use aluminum foil, you can skip using it. Clean up is just much easier when you use it.
- When broiling the hog dogs, DO NOT put them under the direct flame. Place the pan vertical to the left of the flame (these directions may vary with the type of stove you have).
Originally published in July of 2017. Updated photos April 2021.
Affiliate links are included in this post. Please read my Discloser Policy.
Last Updated on February 22, 2022 by [email protected]
The Ninja Baker
Right! The famous Nathan’s hot dogs. I’m inspired to try them and travel to Nashville and Memphis. BTW You and your husband are welcome to check the CostCo (near Santa Monica) off your check list =)
So many hot dog toppings that I’ve never considered! This Memphis version sounds wonderful!
These are some of my favorite things! Looks like a delicious dog!
A Memphis dog? Well, yes please.
I’m not a huge BBQ meat fan, but I know the rest of my family loves all things BBQ flavored. They would love this hot dog recipe.
I’m the same way Erlene! Some reason though it all works together so well. Hope your family loves it.
Oh my goodness these look delicious. I’ll be giving these hotdogs a try at the weekend.
Thank you, Beth! I hope you love them.
I’ve never heard of Memphis Hot Dogs and clearly I’ve been missing out! I find plain hot dogs too boring, but these look amazing. Will definitely be on our summer menu!
It is a great way to upgrade boring hot dogs for sure!
Omg bacon wrapped hot dogs?? Sign me up! These look absolutely delicious and so perfect for summer!
They are a great summertime menu item!
Can’t go wrong with bacon on a hot dog! Can’t wait to try this recipe – the kids will love it!
They are great together! Hope you guys enjoy them.
I’ m a Chicago girl, but these hot dogs are amazing!!
It is hard to upstage a Chicago dog for sure!