Layers of egg noodles, crispy chicken, spaghetti sauce and loads of cheese. Chicken Parmesan is a great go-to for busy weeknights.
I can’t believe we are already talking about Back To School! If your like my house, back to school also means back to sports. Busy weeknights of homework and practice call for a meal that can pull double duty-one night dinner, tomorrow leftovers or freezing half for dinner when dirtying dishes is the last thing you want to do.
Did you know that in Michigan it is the law you cannot start until after Labor Day? Some schools are starting to challenge it and getting waivers but for us, I am so glad that it’s that way. I really feel like it gives kids time to enjoy more of the warmer months. We are getting ready though because it will be here soon enough.
So as I mentioned above, this Chicken Parmesan casserole is a great meal because it makes TONS, is easy to freeze, and can be made ahead placed in the refrigerator then popped into the oven later in the evening or even the next day. Take the guess work out of dinner and add this to your dinner rotation ASAP!
How to make Chicken Parmesan:
Start to cook the egg noodles according to package directions. These are the frozen kind that are found by ravioli in the frozen food section.
Grease a 9×13 pan then cover the bottom with some of the spaghetti sauce.
While they cook chop the chicken into bite sized pieces. Heat up oil in the pan and get ready to fry the chicken. On a plate add the bread crumbs, flour and parmesan cheese.
Once the oil is heated take the chicken and dredge in the crumb mixutre then add to the hot oil.
Fry chicken for 5-6 minutes on each side until thoroughly cooked through and super crisp. This is the key to a great casserole.
Both the noodles and the chicken should take around 15-20 minutes to finish.
Drain the noodles and now it’s time to layer. One layer noodles, one layer chicken, one layer cheese, one layer sauce.
Do it one more time then top with remaining cheese. Yes, use the whole bag! Sprinkle with garlic powder and parsley for a little extra oomph.
Bake at 375 degrees for 15 minutes. And here you are…..
From our home in the Bottom Left of the Mitten to yours ~ Enjoy!
This post was originally from August 2017-it has been updated with photos & text.
Thank you to this weeks Sunday Supper host. Check out all of the other recipes that will give your family a great start to the Back To School season.
Back to School Dinners
Beef and Pork
- Bacon Cheeseburger Zucchini Boats by The Crumby Kitchen
- Beef and Sweet Potato Stew by What Smells So Good?
- Easy Meatloaf Meatballs by Palatable Pastime
- Mexican Lasagna with Corn Tortillas by Sunday Supper Movement
- One Dish Taco Goulash by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Pierogi with Sausage and Peppers by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Pot Roast with Mushrooms, Tomatoes and Red Wine by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
Pastas, Soups, Rice and Stews
- Casimer Rice by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Dad’s Glop by My Blissful Mess
- Homemade Lasagna by Soulfully Made
- Kid-friendly Salmon Curry by Caroline’s Cooking
- Salmon with Pappardelle and a Brandy Cream Sauce by Mysavoryspoon
- Slow Cooker Stuffed Pepper Soup by Books n’ Cooks
- Chicken Enchiladas by The Freshman Cook
- Chicken Parmesan by Bottom Left of the Mitten
- Chicken with Creamy Lemon Caper Sauce & Roasted Asparagus by Gourmet Everyday
- Chicken with Sautéed Zucchini Peppers and Mushrooms by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Cornflake Chicken Tenders by Renee’s Kitchen Adventures
- Easy Instapot Roast Chicken by Our Good Life
- Easy Ranch Chicken Pasta with Bacon by Cricket’s Confections
- Perfect Scrambled Eggs by Pies and Plots
- Roasted Chicken Breasts by Life Tastes Good
- Slow Cooker Creamy Tomato Chicken & Spinach by My Life Cookbook
- Whole30 Mini Turkey Meatloaf by Bites of Wellness
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.