Looking for a luscious dessert that tastes as good as it smells while baking? With this Piña Colada Upside Down Cake you will feel like you have been transported to a tropical local. Flip flops not required to enjoy.
I greased a square & circle 8″x8″ pan to make 2 cakes. I wanted to send over the second one to my in-laws as a ‘Thank you’ for all the help they did on our new back deck. Feel free to make this in one pan only using baking directions according to the type of boxed cake mix you use.
In the bottom of your greased pan pour the 1/2 cup of melted butter, dividing into each pan if your making 2 cakes. Then add your brown sugar again dividing if making 2 cakes. Place your cherries on top of the butter & brown sugar mix.
Drain your pineapple into another bowl so that you can make sure you reserve the liquid to use for the cake mix. Now add the pineapple to the pans. Then your shredded coconut.
Now it’s time for the cake mix. Which is simple as adding your cake mix, Jell-O pudding, eggs, milk and reserved pineapple juice. Mix with electric mixer until well combined, 3-5 minutes or so. Pour batter over the top of your delicious pineapple & coconut.
Bake for 34 minutes at 350 degree or according to the directions on your cake mix for the type of dish you are using. Once cake has cooled slightly place a plate inverted on top of pan. Flip plate over. When pan is removed you should now have the pineapple & coconut mixture facing up. And here you are…..
From our home in the Bottom Left of the Mitten to yours ~ Enjoy!
I’ve really enjoyed my first Sunday Supper. Thank you Constance of Cosmopolitan Cornbread for hosting. Check out all the other delicious ways to use Coconut on today’s Sunday Supper:
- Coconut Granola Bowla by Family Foodie
- Gluten Free Coconut French Toast by Gluten Free Crumbley
- Make Ahead Healthy Piña Colada Breakfast Parfait by Easy Cooking with Molly
- Piña Colada Granola (grain free) by My Life Cookbook
- Piña Colada Nut Bread by Where Latin Meets Lagniappe
- Piña Colada Overnight Oats by Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Piña Colada Pancakes by Dizzy Busy and Hungry
Dive in with Sides and Appetizers
Coco-Nutty Main Dishes
- Chickpea Potato Curry by Sunday Supper Movement
- Piña Colada Chicken and Rice by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Piña Colada Chicken Skewers by The Crumby Cupcake
- Pineapple Barbecue Chops with Colada Slaw by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Slow Cooker Pineapple Chicken Curry by Caroline’s Cooking
- Coconut Pound Cake by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Cookies and Coconut Cream Popsicles by Books n’ Cooks
- Creamy Dairy-Free Vegan Coconut Ice Cream by Positively Stacey
- Easy Piña Colada Fudge by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Easy Piña Colada Poke Cake by Crazed Mom
- Homemade Samoas by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- How to make a Piña Colada Flan by Asian In America
- Island Breeze Piña Colada Panna Cotta by The Weekend Gourmet
- Kheer by What Smells So Good?
- Mini Roasted Blueberry and Coconut Cream Trifles by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Piña Colada Bars by Dessert Geek
- Piña Colada Cream Pie by Cookin’ Mimi
- Piña Colada Cupcakes by The Redhead Baker
- Piña Colada Energy Balls by Wholistic Woman
- Piña Colada Ice Cream by Palatable Pastime
- Piña Colada Rice Pudding by Hardly A Goddess
- Piña Colada Trifle by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Piña Colada Upside Down Cake by Bottom Left of the Mitten
- Pineapple Coconut Pudding by Magnolia Days
- Samoa Smacky Delicious Mix by Cooking With Carlee
- Toasted Coconut Sour Cherry Sundae by Pies and Plots
- Tropical Fruit Cups by The Freshman Cook
Sweet to Sip Beverages
- Boozy Coconut & Caramel Milkshakes by Momma’s Meals
- Coconut Banana Rum Smoothie by Desserts Required
- Coquito by Monica’s Table
- Lime Coconut Lassi by Food Lust People Love
- Piña Colada Freeze by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Piña Colada Smoothie by A Mind Full Mom
- Spiced Piña Colada by Family Around the Table
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupperHashtag and remember remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement