Heading out to a picnic? These slider sandwiches are always a winner. The sweetness of the roll mixed with savory cream cheese and deli meats can be rich but also addicting. Cream Cheese Slider Sandwiches are big on flavor and are perfect because they are very portable.
This week started 3 day work weeks for my husband. Normally he already works 4-10 hour shifts so with enough saved up vacation time he took another day off every week until September. Plenty of time to have fun in the pool and discover new places that we haven’t visited yet is on our agenda. This past week alone took Little A to his very first trip to SkyZone and a zoo that was truly amazing.
Are you looking for family fun in Southwestern Michigan or Northwestern Indiana? Here are some of our favorite places to visit:
- Head over to St. Joseph, MI for the Splash Pad and grab a slice of pizza at Silver Beach Pizza.
- Visit the animals at Potawatomi Zoo – The oldest zoo in Indiana.
- Central Park in Mishawaka – Our newest find! A smaller splash pad and play area. The perfect place to have a picnic!
- Make sure to catch a South Bend Cubs game.
See the area that we live in is coined ‘ Michiana’. On the border of Michigan and Indiana. Head to Kalamazoo or to South Bend in equal time. Plus we are about equally 2-1/2 hours from Detroit, Indianapolis, and Chicago.
No matter where we head off to whether it’s a park or a cookout these sandwiches are always a special treat to take.
For these sliders, I use sweet Hawaiian rolls to make them. The slider buns come in a package that can be used to get them where they are going without worrying about extra storage.
How to make Cream Cheese Slider Sandwiches:
First, let’s make the herbed cream cheese. Take 1 block of cream cheese and make sure it’s softened. Mix in garlic powder, oregano and parsley then stir to combine.
Cut the buns in half placing the bottom half back into the box that the rolls originally came in.
Spread half of the cream cheese on the buns. Layer ham, sliced tomatoes then the turkey pastrami.
Taking the top half put the rest of the cream cheese on it then put on top.
After the cream cheese slider sandwiches have been assembled here is a great way to transport them to your favorite picnic location:
- Use the packaging from the rolls. Since they were made right in the paper tray now just cover with two pieces of plastic wrap and put back into the bag.
- Tie with the plastic tie.
- Place the sandwiches at the top of your cooler so they don’t get flattened.
And here you are….
From our home in the Bottom Left of the Mitten to yours ~ Enjoy!
Thank you to this weeks Sunday Supper host Christie Campbell of A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures. Check out all of the other recipes that will have your picnic table filled this Summer.
Best Picnic Recipes to Enjoy at the Park #SundaySupper
Starters, Skewers, and Sandwiches al Fresco
- Antipasto Skewers by Soulfully Made
- Buffalo Chicken Dip Recipe by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Cream Cheese Slider Sandwiches by Bottom Left of the Mitten
- Italian Layered Portable Picnic Jars by The Weekend Gourmet
- Low Carb Ham Pinwheels by Cricket’s Confections
- Patatas Brava Chorizo Sausage Rolls by Food Lust People Love
- Refrigerator Pickled Ratatouille Vegetables by My Life Cookbook
- Tuna Salad Lettuce Wraps by The Crumby Kitchen
Stow-and-Go Sides and Salads
- Authentic German Potato Salad by Sunday Supper Movement
- Avocado Bacon Loaded Pasta Salad by Daily Dish Recipes
- BBQ Ranch Pasta Salad by Cooking With Carlee
- Broccoli Slaw by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Jalapeno Popper Macaroni Salad by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Marinated Zucchini and Summer Squash by Caroline’s Cooking
- Old Fashioned Potato Salad by Life Tastes Good
- Roasted Cauliflower Salad by Family Foodie
- Southern Cornbread Salad by Gourmet Everyday
- Summer Quinoa Salad by Simple and Savory
- Watermelon and Avocado Salad by Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Whole30 Cauliflower Potato Salad by Bites of Wellness
Drinks and Desserts for Outdoor Dining
- Banana Snack Cake by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Blueberry Hand Pies by Our Good Life
- Cantaloupe Mint Lemonade by Palatable Pastime
- Cherry Poke Cake by Pies and Plots
- Chocolate Caramel Layer Bars by Turnips 2 Tangerines
- Chocolate Cherry No Bake Bars by The Freshman Cook
- Mixed Fruit Drink by Basic N Delicious
- Rice Krispie Sushi by NinjaBaker.com
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.